close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Time for a new bike

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by GixxerSixxer, Aug 18, 2006.

1. GixxerSixxer

GixxerSixxer Phil Deez Nutz

So I'm looking to get rid of the '01 GSXR-600.

I've found this Yamaha R6 made in 2003. The seller is asking $5,300obo. It has an undertail, -1 in the rear, carbon fiber mirrors, flushmounts, and an extra seat for the rider. He's throwing in two helmets, a jacket, and gloves. I won't use any of the gear since I have all my own but I figure I could ebay them or something.

I'm thinking of offering $4700 cash and letting him take me up to $5000. I don't want to go over $5K. Just based on his location I think he's got to sell the bike to buy a ring (sucker).

What do you guys think of this?
    Does anyone know about problems with this year? I think the '03s has a leaky battery problem, some also had a bad starter or alternator.

2. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Not sure, but a leaky battery is easily fixed. Buy a new sealed battey and that should cure it and/or prevent it.

I think pretty much anything made by the big 4 in the last 10 years is a safe bet.

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

<a href="http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.mr?kbb.FL;501705;FL101&34654;rc;r&&2001;Suzuki;GSX-R600;44600;14325;;;;&&&&&">$4490 RETAIL value at KBB.org in my zip code</a> Just like a firearm, I don't "value" the value added aftermarket part...

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The gears really amount to nothing. You might be able to sell them, or you might end up with them as garage ornaments.

Is the exhaust a slip-on or a full system? A slip-on (probably Yoshimura) is dirt cheap brand new.

So, I'd say definitely no more than $5000.

as far as leaky batteries go, a 2003's factory battery should be near its end of life by now.

There are lots of good batteries around but I really like the Odyssey batteries. These things are truly non-maintenance and they hold a mean charge. I equipped my BMW with this battery and it cranked like a mutha!!! I was aabout to do that to my Tuono but I totalled the bike. I am thinking about equipping my Brutale with it, but I barely rode that bike (a shameful 2000-miles since last Thanksgiving 2005), it doesn't matter much.