tikka t3 lite 308

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by jetsfan-24, Feb 9, 2010.

1. jetsfan-24

jetsfan-24

hey guys whats your take on tikka t3lite 308 whats a good a factory round and whats a good reload thanks

2. vafish

vafish

Guns are individuals. They most often like different ammo. Even if I had an identical Tika T3 Lite in .308 chances are they would like different ammo or handload recipe.

You need to find out what your gun likes.

3. glock20c10mm

glock20c10mm

It's a very good all around rifle. Guaranteed to shoot 1" groups with premium ammo. I like it that they're set up with detachable box style magazines instead of BS hinged floor plates. It's a well balanced rifle. If there's a choice (can't remember) I'ld choose a stainless model. Excellent fit and finish for a rifle in the reasonable price range it's in. IIRC, the tikka has a 1:12" rifling twist. I prefer that in 308 over the more common 1:10" twist. Most bullets under 200gr will stabilize perfectly well with the 1:12" twist rate and it'll give you around 50fps more velocity over the 1:10" twist rate.

Good factory round for what? Coyotes? Deer? Moose? Black Bear? Jackrabbits? If you want something that looks fancy but is priced reasonably with excellent accuracy, try the Hornady SST in any bullet weight they offer. Your rifle has a fair chance of shooting sub 3/4" groups @ 100yds with them.

As for a good reload, a quick google search will probably net you +1000 of them.

Good Shooting,
    Craig

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

If only they would send two mags with the gun, it would be perfect.....or at least lower the obscenely high price they get for them!

I got a Tikka in .308 for my son when he returned from deployment in Kosovo, it's a great, accurate rifle, with a smooth action, and he's been keeping me supplied with venison sausage and jerky ever since. :)

5. Esox357

Esox357

The Tikka should shoot about anything within 1.5 inches @ 100 yards. Love Tikka Rifles.

I would use a 165 or 168 grain bullet, possibly a 150 grain? I like Hornady for its offering like the Boat Tail Spire Points (BTSP) economical and deadly on deer.

Powder wise, I like Hodgons Offerings H4895 or Varget would be a good starting point.

Win brass and Win primers.

I use Lee dies for reloading.

Esox357.