tikka t3 lite 308

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jetsfan-24, Feb 9, 2010.

1. jetsfan-24

jetsfan-24

hey guy,s i,m looking two get a tikka t3 lite 308 whats everybody,s take on them and whats a good factory ammo four them but i mite try two reload two

2. lawndart98

lawndart98

Tikka makes a really nice rifle. I have one in a 7-08 and 30-06. The rings that come with the gun are junk, replace them with Talleys. I reload, so I can't help on what kind of factory ammo....

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I have a T3 Lite in .223 so I can't say anything about the Elite in .308 but I don't bother with other brands of rifles any more after being exposed to Sako and Tikka. All of my modern bolt guns are Sakos and Tikkas.

4. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

Based on your statement, I would assume you don't know much about rifles. (been wrong before)

What steered you towards the T3? I almost bought a T3 Tactical. But keep in mind that a T3 will always be a T3, and many parts cannot be changed. Thus why I went with a Remington 700.

5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

The Tikka T3 Lite is a great gun. I have shot several in different calibers and liked them all. The T3 Stainless Lite will be my next rifle, I just can't decide on the caliber. I have quite a few calibers already and the one's I really like, I already have 2 of. Decisions decisions.

6. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Leaning towards the .223 in a T3 myself. I don't have a bolt action .223. Not trying to pirate the thread, but what do you think about yours in that caliber? That's a caliber I have not shot yet in the T3.

7. up1911fan

up1911fan

Sako make's the Tikka's ( really good rifle's). No one will be able to tell you what ammo will shoot the best.

8. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

I have no argument they're great rifles, but I tend to lean people away from them because of the inability to make significant changes on it.

9. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Not everybody wants to make their bolt action into a "tacticool sniper rifle."

I have the Tikka T3 Lite in .308 used for whitetail hunting. Amazing rifle in every way, just get ready for a nice bruise on your shoulder!

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

What's not to love? The T3 Lite is an extremely lightweight rifle which works great for the poodleshooter .223 round. Highly accurate, smooth as butter and a trigger pull that's sweeter than molasses.

I have a Tikka Whitetail Hunter in .308 but that one is in wood and the action is of the older Sako/Tikka action instead of the T3 action.

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I buy my guns to shoot and not to play barbie dress up with it. Hence a fine ass mamajama like Sako or Tikka gets my vote.

12. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

I don't "dress up" rifles. I would choose my words lightly because adding/removing/changing parts to make a system function better overall hardly makes it "tacticool".

If you don't like my opinion you can shove it, I'm just trying to open up the OP's options considering I almost bought a T3.

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

If one were to procure a superior rifle then there's no need to add, remove, replace parts to make it function better.

No need to buy a new trigger group because the factory trigger mechanism is superbly tuned and adjustable.

Swap out barrel for better accuracy? Why not buy the right rifle with the right barrel in the first place?

Swap out stocks? Why? Get a sniper/long range rifle with the heavy barrel and the heavy stock from the beginning. Leave the light stock for the hunting gun. If the standard stock is too long or too short, granted there may not be a quickie Brownell's off-the-shelf replacement stock available, but there are stock makers who would make stocks for any rifle.

Swap out bolts? Why? Tikka bolts are beautifully made and smoother than a baby's bottom.

Any other parts that need to be swapped out for "better functioning"?

And what makes you think that the OP doesn't know about the other options like Winchester, Remington, Ruger, CZ, etc.?

14. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

I'm not questioning the fact its a beautiful rifle, but even the best rifle can still be made better. And if making it better is easier and CHEAPER, so be it. Again, my opinion.

15. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

How do you make a T3 better?

16. nsl

nsl

I have a T3 in blue and synth stock, and its a 308. Shoots the cheap $15 Federals at Walmart around an inch at 100 yards. It does kick, and I usually get a bruise on my left had because of the way I shoot from the bench. You won't notice the kick when shooting a deer, though. I used the factory rings and mounted a Nikon Buckmaster and have had no problems, just wish I would of spent $100 more and got the AO Nikon. Anyway, for the price, I would take the Tikka over anything in the same range. I believe I got mine for around $450 shipped about two years ago from Whittaker's.

17. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

Look buddy, I'm not going to sit here and qualify facts to you that you're already bluntly aware of. You can answer your own question.

18. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Huh? I'm not the one that goes around saying that the T3 needs to be changed or modified to make better. You're the one that said you decided against the Tikka because there's no aftermarket parts to make it better.

I simply asked how you want to make the rifle better.:dunno: What do you think is lacking on the T3?

Seriously. I want to know. Maybe you know something that I don't and I'm not beyond learning new things.