Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has released the cause of the February wreck where Tiger Woods suffered extensive injury: excessive speed of 82-87 mph in a 45-mph zone.”

.....Tiger does get points though for not backing off when things get tough.....

“law enforcement said that data recordings from the car show that Woods did not brake prior to the accident but did press on the accelerator at a "99 percent" rate.”

Reactions: mj9mm and NoJoy

·
Why so serious?
65,677 Posts
“Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has released the cause of the February wreck where Tiger Woods suffered extensive injury: excessive speed of 82-87 mph in a 45-mph zone.”

.....Tiger does get points though for not backing off when things get tough.....

“law enforcement said that data recordings from the car show that Woods did not brake prior to the accident but did press on the accelerator at a "99 percent" rate.”

I wonder if there's some other incident he didn't pull out of...

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

·
Values. Can't be bought.
12,271 Posts
Maybe correcting for lift-off oversteer?

·
Come on man!!
15,855 Posts

There's a saying in racing... If you don't know whether to slow down or speed up, then speed up.

Tiger obviously knows how to race!

Probably should have pushed the control wheel on that airplane down instead of pegging the gas pedal to the floor.

I gotta hand it to Buick Hyundai though, that car held up great for such a high speed crash landing...

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
There's a saying in racing... If you don't know whether to slow down or speed up, then speed up.

Tiger obviously knows how to race!

Probably should have pushed the control wheel on that airplane down instead of pegging the gas pedal to the floor.

I gotta hand it to Buick though, that car held up great for such a high speed crash landing...

View attachment 923299
That's the new Genesis SUV. Tiger hasn't been with Buick since GM had to be bailed out by the Government.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t think so. Aim for a bridge abutment or something. Not a median and a tree line.

Reactions: baren

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m betting he has no idea what that means. Nor how to correct for it.
I’m guessing he was going too damned fast for the road and, got “confused” as to which pedal to press on.

·
Why so serious?
65,677 Posts
Leave it to GT to ignore the obvious...

Ever hear of "Grab a Tiger by the tail"...............

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Come on man!!
15,855 Posts
That's the new Genesis SUV. Tiger hasn't been with Buick since GM had to be bailed out by the Government.
Duly noted and I edited my original post. Thank you for pointing that out.

Just judging by his choice of cars, when Tiger isn't getting high as **** and he tries to keep the wheels actually on the ground, he appears to be a smart man.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I actually thought at the time, when they described how upset he was when he went speeding off from where ever the heck he was (I forget now where that was, but there were witnesses there who described it) that it was nothing more then his anger control issues. He was angry, drove like a pi$$ed off person and wasn't thinking . . . just my two cents . . .

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I actually thought at the time, when they described how upset he was when he went speeding off from where ever the heck he was (I forget now where that was, but there were witnesses there who described it) that it was nothing more then his anger control issues. He was angry, drove like a pi$$ed off person and wasn't thinking . . . just my two cents . . .
I remember, early on, that he was late for some kind of appointment. Media didn’t mention that this morning.

·
NRA Life Member
4,462 Posts
I don’t think so. Aim for a bridge abutment or something. Not a median and a tree line.
That happened to a young woman not far from where I live. They believe it was suicide because it occurred at a toll booth and they estimated her impact speed at 100 mph. It is scenarios like that I'm glad I never became an EMS/first responder.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts