close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tiger Direct

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by WERA49, Feb 10, 2005.

1. WERA49

WERA49

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

my girlfriend's father has built a few (3 or 4) pc's from parts from tiger direct.

he recommends them.

they have TV commercials and have been around for a while.

3. westwindmike

westwindmike

I have heard a lot of negative things about their customer service.

4. pyblood

pyblood

We (the company that I work for) have an account with Tiger Direct. I have placed tons of orders with them. I am not saying that I have never had a problem, but not any more than I have had with other companies.

5. rick417

rick417

I have placed a few orders with them. Always prompt delivery. The only problem that I had with them was when I received a defective item. The only help they would give me was the manufacturers phone number. The manufacturer told me to return it to Tiger Direct, Tiger Direct wouldn't take it back. This went on for almost 1 month, my daughter had to wait the entire time to use her Digital video camera that I got her for Christmas.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

My only problem with them was that at the time their inventory didn't update real-time. I ordered a complete computer in parts, asking several times whether all those parts were in stock. I was told they were. When I got the box, every part was there except one. It came quickly, but they had no idea it was backordered.

7. TBY

TBY N/A

I have ordered before through them. Got a memory card deal and everything went fine.

8. dao

dao Brrrr.

I used to live RIGHT around the corner from their outlet store (also where they warehouse/ship from) in Aurora, Illinois (actually, they may be JUST over the Naperville border). Anyway, I've had good dealings with them both walking in the store and ordering over the web. Just remember they work on volume - you do occasionally get something broken but they've always been good about replacing (if they still have the item in stock - they don't always) or giving a credit or a refund.

The only thing I'd caution you on is to triple check their prices on the web - they have some great deals, and some not so great... It's very hit or miss... If you find something there at a good price, it's worth it. I've always either gotten a working item from them or recieved my money back (and it was probably damaged in shipping - not their fault).

9. bobby_w

bobby_w Alienigena Platinum Member

Sitting on my floor beside me is a UPS box with 4 $7.99 IBM optical mice and a $29.00 nVidia 5200 video card that I received today from Tiger Direct that I ordered Monday night and received Wednesday morning.

Sitting on my desk beside me is a great little 17" widescreen LCD TV that I got from them for $240 at Christmas.

I have no complaints todate.

-Bobby

10. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I've never bought a complete computer from them, but I buy alot of parts from them.

Never a problem....

IGF

11. zaggie

zaggie

I bought my Sony laptop from them a couple of years ago without any problem. Would deal with them again.

12. Bronson7

Bronson7

I bought a cd burner from them once. I thought the shipping charge was exorbitant as compared to NewEgg, but the order went off without a hitch.
    Bronson7

13. Wingnut357

Wingnut357 Killer Casual

Not pleased with the customer service at the local outlet, but the problem stemmed from ignorance, not deception or anything like that.

The parts I got from worked, and were very cheap.

14. okie

okie GT Mayor

I know a few guys that order from TD. They love the place;) :cool:

15. XeniaSt

XeniaSt NRA T/C & CRSO

I have dealt with them for twenty years.
    Have always had a good experience.

16. C9X19

C9X19

I got my emachines from them (the computer I'm using to type this). I think shipping may be a little steep but I think it was well worth it.:)

17. Rich22

Rich22

over at the OC forums some have had bad experiences delays bad service etc i've ordered several parts at work through them and no problems so far.

Rich

18. gh0st614

gh0st614

tiger direct has been good to me but now I tend to shop

www.newegg.com

and if hes looking for a decent priced comp check out cyberpowerpc.com they had good service last time I bought a comp from them...I build my own now.

19. Rager

Rager

It took TigerDirect 9 or 10 months to send me a rebate. Nada. I won't deal with them.

20. alm350

alm350 §T®ÈÈT¿ÐÈMOÑ

if he wants to build a system then i would use www.directron.com but if he wants a system ready to go then goto walmart.com and get the hp pavilion a705w its a 2.93 ghz only comes with 128 meg ram but will take 1 gig of ecc memory 2gig of non ecc its only 468.00 i paid 512.00 with tax and shipping to my front door and got 1 gig 2x512 chips on sale at staples grand total 623.00 and havent regreated it a moment. plus hp has support with this system unlike most that walmart sells
    it came with windows xp, no lindow crap 17" flat screen etc etc