Tiger coming April 29!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Deanster, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

OS X 10.4 tiger has been officially announced, and will be available for sale in about two weeks - While it won't be a world-changer, the enhancements seem outstanding, and I'm especially looking forward to Tiger Server for the office - having SpamAssassin built-in will improve the heck out of my life.

Apple does a great job of making big enough improvements to make me feel like I'm getting my money's worth, even when I'm irritated to be paying for an upgrade annually.

By contrast, I usually don't bother upgrading my Windows machines - just wait until I buy a new machine with the new OS on it... in part because the old machines usually won't run the new stuff.

Anyway - I'm really looking forward to Tiger.

I'd love to be looking forward to Longhorn, but it needs to show up pretty soon, and have massively better security than XPsp2, or the 10 Wintel machines at my wife's office will be primarily useful as Spyware breeding areas. Grrrrr....

2. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I just got that spam too. Will it run on my Dell?

3. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

Dude, your Dell isn't getting a Tiger!

4. T. Harless

T. Harless

Oh I'll buy it but I'll be pissed about.

5. bobby_w

bobby_w Alienigena Platinum Member

Already did the pre-order. :cool:

6. Bronson7

Bronson7

I've been doing some reading lately on 64 bit systems and really can't see the advantage to it other than for gamming purposes. Software mfg's seem slow ( maybe reticent)to get on the bandwagon and currently no official 64 bit os exists allthough I understand a beta version is out there frought with bugs. My question is to the folks that have actually built and use a 64 bit system. How is it working for you? How are your 32 apps performing and for you that have a beta os, how is it working out? I'd like to know for the next computer I build. I don't want to build a 32 bit rig only to find out it's a dinosaur before the components are even in the mail. Thank you.
    Bronson7

7. Bronson7

Bronson7

Sorry gang, please disregard my previous post. I meant to start a new thread.
    Mods, please delete this and my previous post. Thanks.
    Bronson7

8. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

A lot of our customers have been waiting on this release from Apple, they are paying for 15/2 internet service and only pulling around 8Mb down. Supposedly, this update will allow them to download at much faster speeds. Fastest we market right now is 30Mb down.

9. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Can't wait for Tiger!

I still have not had pop-ups OR spyware OR virii on any of my Macs for the last 10 years!