close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tic Tac Trigger

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Wp.22, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Wp.22

Wp.22

[​IMG]
    I hope its the photogs suggestion ( photo is from Philstar)

Padilla secures Asiad slot, breaks own mark
    (The Philippine Star) Updated March 31, 2010 12:00 AM

Nathaniel ‘Tac’ Padilla: “I just happened to be in great form today."

MANILA, Philippines - Laos Southeast Asian Games gold medalist Nathaniel “Tac” Padilla shot 581 points in the rapid fire pistol event last Sunday to break his national mark and clinch a slot on the Philippine shooting team to the Asian Games in Guanzhou, China.

“I just happened to be in great form today. I hope I manage to remain sharp and healthy until the Asiad in November,” the 45-year-old Padilla said shortly after pulling away from Robert Donalvo (553) and Ronald Hijastro (538) in the monthly qualifying competition at the PSC-Marine range in Fort Bonifacio.

Aside from ripping his year-old 577 mark and surpassing the 579 criteria, Padilla also had one more reason to celebrate: his tally was better than those recorded by Ukrainian and German shooters who finished 1-2-3 in the Beijing Olympic Games last year.

Gold winner Oleksandr Petriv of Ukraine shot 580 points while Germans Ralf Schumann and Christian Reitz, who ranked second and third, had identical 579s.

Teenager Jayson Valdez, a product of the shooting body’s NYDP (National Youth Development Program), shared the limelight with Padilla by emerging as the top contender for the RP Asiad’s rifle spot.

Using the old rifle of youth head coach Bartolome Teyab, Valdez, 14-year-old Malate Catholic School sophomore, carded 588 to beat multi-gold winner Emerito Concepcion by 10 points in the 10-meter men’s air rifle event.

Valdez’s performance delighted PNSA president Art Macapagal and other execs like Padilla, who also heads NYDP.

Padilla, 45-year-old general manager of his family-owned Spring Cooking Oil, also ruled the standard pistol competition. He tallied 557 to beat Donalvo (543) and Hijastro (521).

2. Taurus

Taurus

Ever notice how every time the Star comes up with an article about. Tac Padilla it always mentions that he is the General Manager of Spring Cooking Oil?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010

3. mtho

mtho

I think his family owns spring oil and its most likely his biggest(only?) sponsor

4. jimbullet

jimbullet

Tac's family does own the business. I still recall the days that he shot the event together with his father, who was then also a Phil. team member.

5. atmarcella

atmarcella

aka minola oil. malapit lang sa bahay namin planta nila. they employ many people. i buy their product all the time.

6. jimbullet

jimbullet

I havent really seen their product in the market. How is it compared to the other also known brands out of curiousity?

7. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

It's not bad, a friend of mine who has a small eatery in Batangas uses it, and has no complaints :)

8. Wp.22

Wp.22

yun naman as long as they employ lots of people dapat patronize.

9. Clusterbomb

Clusterbomb

OT: Just curious, how come there seems to be nobody to follow his footsteps? Parang wala yata ah.

Tac Padilla's been around for a loooong time, earned lots of awards and medals for our country. He's got it made. But i think he will be the first to agree that he ain't gonna be there forever. So who are we training to replace him in the (near?) future?

10. jimbullet

jimbullet

There has been a few who have been attracted to the rapid fire event during the mid 90's but admittedly the rapid fire discipline is not so popular in itself and combined with high cost of the equipment required and the more popular action packed non-olympic events (i.e. IPSC/IDPA) being present with lesser if not equal investment cost required tend to be more attractive.

11. jimbullet

jimbullet

It would be great if their product would have greater availability in the market. Not sure if SM Supermarkets or its like carries the brand. But I guess Tac's family has been operating the business very conservatively which is most probably sufficient to cater to its current market

12. ans3288

ans3288

spring oil is a big brand, they cater mostly to the public markets and traditional wholesalers of oil. i dont go that much to the supermarket nowadays but spring oil is still a giant in terms of refining here in the philippines.

13. atmarcella

atmarcella

im surprised, i thought minola oil was known throughout the PI, nung nasa iloilo pa ako minola na gamit namin, im sure alam ni kumander mo to sir, sya cguro bumibili ng household supplies nyo.

as for the quality, im not an expert on cooking oils but they have this oil called "lauric oil" this is what i buy, it has zero cholesterol and trans-fat (whatever that is hehe) so cguro ok din sya hehe.

14. jimbullet

jimbullet

Hehehe, si commander nga ang bumibili...ako taga kain na lang...

15. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

Tac Padilla started a youth shooting program a couple of years ago so that the sport he's into will have more exposure and they train youths for competitions, and they have a few who competed already in some asian competitions and have done well.

16. jimbullet

jimbullet

I wonder if his brother is still into the same shooting discipline? I used to remember there were two of them plus their father dominating almost every single match.

Its great to see that he is also active in pursuing new shooters. I do think that will ensure better athletes being developed for the future.