Thxgving @ work..what to take

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by thanospro, Nov 23, 2005.

1. thanospro

thanospro

Since hospitals can't close for holidays, my girlfriend has to work tomorrow and everybody's gonna bring in a little somethin. Other than the old standby sausage balls any reccomendations? No ovens in the cardiac unit :cool: so it'll need to be prepared tonight.

2. Chevytuff19

Chevytuff19

You could make some of those mini pecan pies. I always enjoyed when people brought those little bite-sized pies to parties. If I recall correctly, you can even buy them at HEB or Wal-Mart.

Wes

3. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

I'm sure this is a bit on the late side but if she so much as stopped at the local deli it would be appreciated. She works with these people, they know the hours that each keep and they'll understand...

Now, you want to be a guiding light, a Knight in Shining Armor... The greatest boyfriend to ever walk the earth...! Bipp on in there with a plate full of cookies, brownies or even a veggie plate and say "hi girls, this is for you...!"

Trust me, my wifey is a nurse, BTDT you'll be next closest to a Medal of Honor winner...;)

The closest way to a womens heart is through impressions....:cool: Besides, she'll love you to death and you'll have made a ton of new nurse friends, hopefully some will be pretty hot....

4. lwt210

lwt210

While this is big time late for this year......

I smoked two turkeys for my office party where 30 plus people showed up. They were so tender and juicy that even the thigh meat was falling off the bone.

24 pounds of hickory smoked gobbler went away in just under ten minutes. Folks were asking me what I would charge them to smoke them one for Christmas.

Real crowd pleaser. Only trouble was I had to get up at two in the morning to have them hot and ready at eleven. Had to double wrap them in foil and place them in an ice chest so that they would be steaming hot when I got there.

A lot of trouble but well worth it for bragging rights. Nothing like bringing the scene stealer to a pot luck.;f

5. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

Thanks for the update lwt I was hoping to hear how things went. I know how the long hours go. For my sons high school graduation I roasted a whole hog. IIRC, it took something like 18 hours. But Ho boy was it awesome. Suffed it with 40 lbs of sourkraut and sausage... Never saw pork go so fast...:cool:

6. lwt210

lwt210

You know one of those fools I work with was supposed to bring a couple of fried turkeys and I had my buds all set to try some of that.

He stiffed us and showed up with a pot of collard greens. And the guy that was bringing the ham showed up with like an eight pounder. I could palm the thing. I was hating.

If I had not shown up or my smoking had crashed and burned, those would have been some side dish eating folks cause there would have been no meat.

But everybody and their brother brought jugs of Milo's sweet tea. We had enough of that to fill a swimming pool.

Bunch of freeloading cops. I should have expected as much. ;f

7. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

Well, least you showed up the hero....;) I think I know you enough to know that you would't burn your birds. Just show's to go ya, you can't count on a cop for food unless it's donuts or pizza...;e Collards aint bad if that's what you're expecting... If'n you're looking for a fried turkey instead, um, well, what a $#!+head....

;c and a turkey on ya....;)