Thureon Defense Carbines

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ElevatedThreat, Jan 23, 2010.

1. ElevatedThreat

ElevatedThreat NRA Member

Anyone aware of the Thureon Defense 9mm carbines yet? These were new to the gun market last year, I believe.

http://mycarbine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=4

Any solid opinions forming on them -- either first-hand or even internet scuttlebutt?

The 9mm version was first. It ships with a modified Uzi mag and uses any mag that a Colt 9mm AR will use. $660MSRP with one mag.

And at the recent SHOT Show 2010, they introduced a very similar .45 ACP version using U.S. GI grease-gun mags.

I think these look pretty fun if it turns out that they are well-made and reliable, and the .45ACP version seems like a decent close-range self-defense carbine.

I am interested in the .45 ACP version, and if I ran across one in person, I just might have to give it a try....

-ET

2. motorcyclist

motorcyclist

Very cool! I don't know about a .45acp though, and I'll tell you why...I own a Kel Tec sub2000 in .40s&w that has become the most fun thing to shoot that I own and while having so much fun you tend not to notice how much ammo your blowing through. Wish I had bought mine in 9mm!

3. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

is the .45 blowback too?

4. 1gewehr

1gewehr

$660 is NOT less than a conversion kit. Get an AR15 9mm upper with magazine block and you'll have two calibers at reduced cost.