Throw another dog on the bed

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Frost, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Frost

Frost

Is your dog allowed on your bed?
    Do you allow a dog to sleep with your kids?

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I no longer have a dog, and I miss him dearly, but my bed was his bed. He was always snuggled up next to me in bed or on the sofa. In the recliner, he was half on my leg and half on the chair arm. :)

Today, three of our four cats either sleep in my bed or on top of me as they want (one rarely sets foot in my bedroom). :)

3. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

I currently don't have a dog, but it really depended on the size of the dog for me. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with letting your dog on the bed. It's the most natural thing in the world for a dog to sleep with it's pack. The only thing is that I choose where the dog sleeps and the dog is not allowed to wake me up. Unless the dog is barking at an intruder, then that is a different story. Waking me up to go the the bathroom or get fed, however, is out of the question. The pack leader decides when to eat and when to go to the bathroom. I am the pack leader.

4. Los Suenos

Los Suenos JSC

I had 3 80# dogs and a cat on my bed this morning. And my girlfriend. Not much room to move but a nice way to spend a Sunday morning.

5. Frost

Frost

After more than a few attempts we have about taught our dogs that they are not allowed on the bed when it is dark. (they hog the covers terribly and want to sleep in the middle) They are welcome to nap with us though. Molly the Dobergirl was never the problem Merlin the Dane is. He wants to lie crosswise on the bed. Even on a king size bed this leaves scant room for anyone else.

When I was a kid my dog slept in my bed and my kids had dogs that slept with them. The only place I draw the line is a small dog sleeping on my pillow. I will not tolerate a dog putting it's butt where I put my head.

When I was married to my first wife she had a Pomeranian that constantly wanted to sleep on my pillow. I tried and tried to discourage that dog from sleeping there but nothing worked. One night I was half awake with my arm kinda wrapped around the top of my head. I felt this really long hair on my pillow and just lost it. I thought to myself "that's it! I am going to teach this critter to FLY!) I I wasn't going to throw the dog just kinda toss it to the foot of the bed. I wrapped my hand in this long hair and gave it a good YANK!
    My wife screamed bloody murder!
    Yup you guessed it I had a hold of her hair!
    I had a heck of a time convincing her she was just having a bad dream...
    I finally did break that dog of sleeping on my pillow about the time she took the dog (if a Pomeranian can be called a dog), the kid and all my money and split.

Gee if she had taken my truck I would have had a country song huh?

6. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

Oh man. :animlol:

That sucks...but damn...:rofl: