close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Threw a fellow cop under the bus?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Kadetklapp, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

I'm looking for a little guidance here...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Talk to him.. sounds like more underlying issues..

IGF

3. SeanHodges

SeanHodges

I would not worry about him he had to write a IR about the bird right? If so how is that throwing him under the bus? I would confront him about his comments and set the record straight,and be done with it.

4. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

See what his "real" problem is, in person. Then if it turns out it is just about his bird incident, point out the obvious to him concerning that.

5. SAR

SAR CLM

Who was asking about going from a big city Department to a small Department? :whistling:

He's the one who sounds like a whiney b. This is why LEOs should think twice about even having a Face Book account. Secondly, you do it for free. F that. I'd just leave.

6. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

I don't work with this guy hardly at all, if ever. I usually don't even see him except during the summer months. I agree that it sounds like there are underlying issues, but I don't know what they could be. To be honest, I think he's nuts.

The problem is this is a very "clique" department. He will poison my reputation with other officers I do work with. Obviously, he's paranoid about something because he mentioned that if anything was wrong with the car again, to let him know and not the marshal (this is not policy). He felt that I was blaming all of the car's problems on him (which it's a hand-me-down, and it's not his fault) and he refuses to believe any explanation I give him. Again, this happened two weeks ago, and he just now is blowing up about it.

7. Hack

I think then there are other issues, and he is not being forthcoming about those. What is motivating him to be this way.

Plus, like someone else said, "You're doing this for free.." Meaning they are lucky to even have you.

8. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

I looked at the schedule and it turns out this officer is on vacation and has been for three days. Why is this coming up now?

9. Hack

He has issues. :dunno:

10. Hollywood D

Hollywood D

sounds like he has sand in his vag

11. Ducowti

Ducowti

I know where you're headed with that - don't overthink it! I'm w.the others - there's something underlying his attitude and you should talk to him in person, but not in the presence of others. If he's as PMS-y as he sounds he's likely to keep his guard pu, going to go all machismo on you if it's to maintain his image of 'f you'.

Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  12. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

"U don't understand taking care of each other and not trying to xxxx a brother cop over, but then y should i expect u too"

I'd throw him under the bus for writing like that. Are his reports like that too? :tongueout::rofl:

13. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Well, he was texting. :whistling:

14. nndavec

nndavec

I doubt you will ever get this issue taken care of with the other officer by using e-mail, text, facebook etc. I would meet him in person, that is the best way to take care of any problems you may have.

15. SAR

SAR CLM

I need to know more about why you do it for free? Are you a Reserve? An Citizen Volunteer? In what capacity do you work for this Department.

Many sworn don't take well to citizen volunteers and part timers. Just the way it is because they are not officially a part of "the brotherhood." Still deosn't excuse ppor behavior, but just trying to figure out what his problem is.

16. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

ten char

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  17. blueiron

blueiron

If that fool thinks he was "thrown under the bus" for a vehicle maintenance issue, he better never leave his acreage in Paradise. He wouldn't last one shift at any other PD/SO/HP I know of.

18. roy hobbs

roy hobbs Infidel

I am not LE. I am responsible for the mechanical safety of 14 vehicles where I work.

If you or I operate a vehicle on public streets, that is known to be mechanically unsafe, then we are liable.

If one of my drivers brings me a minor non safety item as needing repair, then it goes on the list to be fixed at the next service.

If one of my drivers brings me a safety related issue, then it gets repaired right then and there. If I can't fix it or get it fixed right then and there, then it gets parked and I don't care who doesn't like it. I have butted heads with those above me over this. Sometimes I get overruled. I make it very clear that it makes everyone involved liable. Most of the time the powers that be see the light when you mention liability.

Let's just say that a ball joint separates while you are traveling on a two lane road and you cross the center line and strike another vehicle head on and kill the driver and passengers of the other vehicle and you knew the vehicle was unsafe before you went out on patrol.

Think about this for a little while. You seem to be a smart guy. Do the right thing. So this other guy is pissed at you. Who cares??? High mileage vehicles require maintenance. Handle it through the proper channels. Do your job. I have people pissed off at me all the time. They will get over it.

If one of my drivers told another driver not to tell me about a safety problem, then they would both have to be reeducated on procedures for handling safety issues.

It sounds to me like he was called on the carpet for the condition of the car. Somebody in authority wants to know why he didn't write it up. Now he looks and feels stupid and is taking it out on you because you did your job, which is the job he should have done in the first place.

Years ago I refused to drive a vehicle because of worn out, unsafe tires. I was asked why I didn't write it up. I had written it up 3 times and had saved copies of the write ups. The maintenance director was fired and I got tires with tread on them and was sent back to work.

19. blueiron

blueiron

^^ That is someone who knows his job and what a failure can do. ^^

20. Hunca Munca

Hunca Munca nonplussed

Is he upset because he did more damage to the car than he let on?
    :dunno:

Or is he just a dick?