Three pit bulls kill 9-year-old girl

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by IvanVic, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

2. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam
    DC440873-A7B2-4CE1-9EAF-5B9F86F16FE0.jpeg E3FF0B7D-86A7-4219-B405-5EDB02F09A3D.jpeg 1AFE4F96-0EBA-459A-9590-60131240971D.jpeg 4926D7A3-2CD8-4781-8889-CD29AC35DE73.jpeg 5826126F-6DA0-4541-8F42-764F14C803DC.jpeg

3. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

4. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Yep, some dogs are bad but it seems that pitbulls have a propensity for it. I am around Pits a lot, my cousin has one. I trust his dog around me and she is around kids a lot and has never shown any aggression. However I'd never leave my 3 year old daughter alone near it. I'm pretty confident me or my cousin would kill the dog before it killed my daughter but probably not before it permanently damaged her.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Caver 60 and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  5. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

I’m not shocked that the dogs bred purely for profit by people with no concern for temperament or knowledge, and of questionable stock with no discernible blood lines are unpredictable.

There’s the very reason that dogs from reputable bloodlines cost so much.

badge315, jimcorbin, GVIFlyer and 3 others like this.
  6. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

My point is, they are overwhelmingly responsible for the majority of horrific and unstoppable attacks on human beings. They are simply too dangerous for society as pets.

I’d just like everyone apologizing for, deflecting and ridiculously trying to equate an anti-gun argument to pit bulls, to stop for a moment and think of how that little girl felt when those dogs were biting and tugging on her limbs and trying to tear the flesh off of her bones and how painful and horrific that was.. And nobody could really help her, because this breed will bite and rip and tear and destroy until they are killed themselves.

I’d put money on it that the owner of these three dogs told someone prior to this attack, “my dogs wouldn’t hurt a fly”… the same thing every freaking pitbull owner says about their pitbull…

Yes, I think by and large, we wouldn’t have to hear about multiple pitbull attacks a week. Yes, I know other dogs bite, but most don’t rip people limb from limb.. There are some other breeds that are very very dangerous like cane Corso and Brazilian Fila and Rottweilers, but then again they don’t typically flip a switch and turn into killing machines like pit bulls so often do.

They go into such a frenzy, they don’t even feel pain… I’ve had to dispatch and/or tase a couple of these in my line of work, I have seen some injuries personally also and watched some horrific videos of these dogs eating other animals or attacking humans.

7. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

And my point was you don’t really seem to have a grasp on what you’re talking a it. I would like people to be able to not have to try and use emotional arguments (appeal to emotions fallacy) rather factual, rational discussion. But that doesn’t seem likely.

Especially when someone says they things like there these other big breeds, two of which have multiple high profile attacks commonly attributed to pit bulls.......

If you think getting rid of the breed will fix an issue that years of terrible breeding created, and those same people wouldn’t just start ruining different breeds, I just don’t know how we’re ever really going to be able to discuss the problem, because you’re fixated on a symptom, not the illness.

badge315, Gray Dood and Rotn1 like this.
  8. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

You’re still arguing for a breed which serves no purpose and is too dangerous in a civilized society…

Just remember your argument for the breed when the next child is ripped apart simply because some punk wanted his little bad ass land shark..

Caver 60 and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  9. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

You’re still using a logical fallacy

And I’m not arguing for the breed. I’m simply pointing out you’re focused on the symptom not the actual problem.

10. Rotn1

Rotn1

Sir,
    Your posts are a majority of feelings and emotions.
    It's your perogative to post what and how you want but it makes it hard to take the content seriously.

badge315, Bus007 and Gray Dood like this.
  11. Rotn1

Rotn1

12. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

And in another thread the overwhelming majority keep telling the guy to “rescue” a mix breed dog from the animal shelter. So get a dog that has terrible breeding, with no knowledge of its mental or physical health, or it’s temperament. Then bring it around his daughter. That is a recipe for disaster.

Good reputable breeders make sure they have good quality dogs selected for breeding. Stable temperament, good health, no underlying mental, physical or emotional conditions that could end up getting the people hurt and the dog put down.

Besides you and me, there’s only about six or eight others on here who know about dog breeds, training dogs, and what all goes into it. The rest of these clowns have no clue and you can’t even get them to open their minds just listen to one second of truth.

Of course some of these clowns are okay with more background checks, red flag laws, limiting mag capacity and reparations for a race most of us had no hand in bringing here.

13. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

Reminds me of the old joke my uncle always tried to play on us, Let me show you where the horse bit me. Then he slap you upside the noggin

FullClip and Rotn1 like this.
  14. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Here's the flaw. You're missing the point.

The odds of this happening are literally astronomical. Lightening deaths are 10 times more likely. And something so rare is a manageable risk, by any definition of the term.

And yet any time a thread comes up that combines the words "pit" and "bull", out comes allegedly grown men (armed grown men at that) acting like frightened ninny's. It's very weird.

These incidents make the news (just like mass shootings) because they're rare, not because they're common.

That's the point.

badge315 and Rotn1 like this.
  15. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Here are the numbers there Pal.

Over 1 million people bitten each year by Pitbulls.

There are 3.6 million Pitbulls in the US.

Now compare that to lightning strikes.

There are 240,000 lightning related injuries each year.

There are 3 Billion lightning strikes each year.

Even if you just ignore the percentage of the totals and just look at the total number of injuries you are over 4 times more likely to be bitten by a Pitbull then to be injured by lightning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Caver 60 and Jade Falcon like this.
  16. SK2344

SK2344

Pit Bulls are BANNED here in Broward County, South Florida! They should be Banned everywhere!

mike from st pe likes this.
  17. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

How do you ban a breed with no breed standard?

18. Caver 60

Caver 60

I remember Eric once posting something to the effect of:

"I know how far I can kick a poodle. A pit, not so far."

ChuteTheMall likes this.
  19. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

This is my Pitbull Bailey. She has never attacked anyone in the 8 years I've had her. She's pretty mellow and some of y'all need to be like her. Relax and smoke a fattie. Or at least rub some CBD Oil on your butt hurt.
    image.jpeg

20. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

mike from st pe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.