Three pit bulls kill 9-year-old girl

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by IvanVic, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caver 60

Caver 60

All of them. ^^^

2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

View: https://youtu.be/jDb18wy1tXk

3. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Truer words were never spoken on this thread.

If you change "pit bull " to "assault weapon " (both totally ambiguous terms made up to describe something someone doesn't like) it becomes immediately apparent.

badge315, Glockbug and Bus007 like this.
  4. Rotn1

Rotn1

I think the person who created this intended to include only 1 real "Pitt Bull".

I struggled with the identification particularly because of not getting proper size scaling / comparisons.

I would propose #2 but can't guarantee.

And that is the problem as we have a whole category of dogs and mixes getting consolidated.

Good night.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    badge315 likes this.
  5. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

The owner of the pitbull that killed the girl has been charged with 2nd degree murder...he seems a little upset about it. Check the link for photos and video..

Pit bull owner weeps as he is charged with MURDER over the fatal mauling of a nine-year-old girl as she rode her bike just days after her father complained about the 'dangerous' dogs roaming free

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-MURDER-fatal-mauling-nine-year-old-girl.html

A Detroit dog owner was charged on Thursday with murder and other criminal counts in connection with the death of nine-year-year-old Emma Hernandez, who was mauled by his three pit bulls while riding her bicycle near her home.

Pierre Cleveland, 33, was arranged this afternoon on charges of second-degree murder, involuntary manslaughter and having a dangerous animal causing death, Wayne County prosecutors said. His lawyer entered not guilty pleas on his behalf.

One of Cleveland's dogs was shot by a bystander while a medical crew tried to save Emma in an alley on Detroit's west side on Monday afternoon.

Rotn1, Bus007, Caver 60 and 2 others like this.
  6. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

The shooter pulled the trigger, because the handgun is an inanimate object and incapable of instinct or action. The Pitbull was bread with instinct to attack and kill. It is capable of performing those actions on it's own. Stop comparing guns to animals.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

So ignore the facts and statistics and stand by your original argument regardless, got it.

8. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

The vast majority of those bitten are children. So since it didnt kill them it just permanently disfigured them. Ever seen what a pitbull does to a 5 year olds face with 1 bite? I have and it isnt pretty.

Inyo Tim and Caver 60 like this.
  9. Caver 60

Caver 60

A few more snippets from the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-MURDER-fatal-mauling-nine-year-old-girl.html

In making an argument for a reasonable bond, the defense lawyer stressed that Cleveland tried to pull his dogs off of the child during the attack.

A prosecutor told the court that after learning of his young neighbor's mauling, Cleveland texted a friend to come over and remove marijuana plants from his property.

Detroit police Chief James Craig on Tuesday afternoon called the case 'tragic' and 'distressing.'

'The owner of these dogs should be held accountable,' he said. 'Certainly the owner has a responsibility when they have violent animals that those animals are to be secured at all times. If you can’t secure the animal, you shouldn’t have the animal. Period.'

The incident follows the December 2015 death of Xavier Strickland, a 4-year-old Detroit boy who was attacked with his mother by four pit bulls. Police had to shoot them to free the boy’s body.

Rotn1, FullClip and Inyo Tim like this.
  10. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

Yes I have seen what a dog, (not only a Pitbull), can do to a child's face and body. And what they can do to an adult too. Plus I've made numerous EMS runs on dog bites.

Let me share something that most people don't know about me. When I was five yrs old we were at my aunt's house in Goshen Ohio. I was bitten in the face by a big mixed breed dog. People would call it a Pitbull nowadays. Bit through my nose, my upper and lower lips, chin, knocking out two lower teeth, he caused a lot of damage and I had to have plastic surgery. Never once did I think the dog should be put down. I was 100% at fault for walking up and sticking my face in his face, while he was eating. I learned a tough lesson from that dog.

The dog did what dogs do. I have no ill will against my aunt and uncle who owned him, the dog or any breed of dog. In other words I don't let my emotions control my thought process. No one has the right or authority to tell me or anyone else what dog, what car, what gun, or what alcohol or what ever other possible lethal thing I can possess.

within ten years you guys won't even remember what Pitbulls are. You'll be focused on getting rid of the next breed used by certain groups, the Belgian Malinois. I've already started to see them at ****hole houses and drug houses. Now with the new John Wick movie coming out you'll see lots and lots of people wanting those dogs. You think a Pitbull is mean, you have no freaking idea as to what you're about to see. Bad breeders and unscrupulous pet sellers will flood the market with ****ty dogs that are nothing but fear biting, handler aggressive, uncontrollable monsters on four legs.

Bus007, badge315, Rotn1 and 4 others like this.
  11. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

These threads are always entertaining.

except not really. :rofl:

jimcorbin, Jonesee, Rotn1 and 2 others like this.
  12. Caver 60

Caver 60

So, it seems you think dogs should be able to chew children and adults up. After all that's what dogs do. Nothing wrong with that.

Jonesee likes this.
  13. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam

No, he just understands the dog isn’t the problem, but most don’t want to hear it. They’re focused on the symptom and can’t look at the big picture.

14. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

But Jim, you heartless monster, it's for the children.

And if it only saves one life, it's worth it.

No one needs a dog like that, they're too dangerous.

Only a horrible person would even think of owning something so evil.

:deadhorse:

As an aside, and just to make this easier in future threads, why don't we just call them "assault dogs"?

Just to be logically consistent.

jimcorbin and badge315 like this.
  15. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam
    You are quite guilty of the same act.

16. Rotn1

Rotn1

So a criminal low life using a pack of dogs to specifically guard his MJ crop......... Anyone want to take a guess if :
    A the dogs were socialized and received minimal training
    or
    B the dogs were encouraged to be mean, territorial and aggressive to protect his stash.

Lock him up.

17. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

How so?

18. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

I've read here many times it's not bad dogs, just bad owners. I may be simple minded but it's the dogs killing people, not the owners.
    Anyone who believes there is no such thing as a bad dog is delusional.

Jade Falcon, Jonesee and Caver 60 like this.
  19. Rotn1

Rotn1

Sir,
    We can now all read that the owner was growing MJ in his backyard and was deliberately using these dogs to protect the plants. You can be 100% sure these dogs nev had a chance. Were never socialized or trained and were encouraged to be aggressive and territorial to suit his purposes.
    Are you suggesting that this fellow was the poster boy for a good owner and that these dogs ever had a chance of being "normal" or "Caninie Good Citizens" as defined by the AKC.

jimcorbin and Bus007 like this.
  20. Rotn1

Rotn1

To be clear (and fair) much like people, there can be a bad individual dog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.