Three pit bulls kill 9-year-old girl

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by IvanVic, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IvanVic

IvanVic

2. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

location, location, location...

NDcent, Glockbug and Boo Berry like this.

3. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper New job, same me.

Throwing bricks----> a lot slower than a 230jhp and "dogs will likely be euthanized". LIKELY?

4. -JCN-

-JCN-

That is terrible. As a father of a little girl, I can’t even imagine the horror.

It’s one of the reasons I carry when we go for walks.

Rizzo, Gray_Rider, 2GoneDE and 21 others like this.
  5. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

And soon the owners will come along and say how sweet and innocent their Pitbull breed is-pure unadulterated poppycock.
    My son had a Pit that attacked my Granddaughter when she was 5 and put a permanent scar on her face-I never trusted that animal-gave me the hee -bee -gee- bees

6. jp 19

jp 19

what charges the man may face?? manslaughter maybe?

treg, RPK Clone and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  7. jp 19

jp 19

my son had a pit bull there was not a gentler dog... often it is not the breed but the owner.

8. Dave514

Dave514

“I seen the little girl flat in her back with the bite marks and part of her neck hanging off,” Golden said. “I started CPR and I had the dad grab the neck and hold it.”

I have no issue with the existence of any breed so long as they are controlled. However, you HAVE to know that the whole point of having different breeds is for different characteristics. The propensity to inflict this kind of damage is directly related to breed. And it's not just PB mixes.

Rizzo, DrVlad, Jade Falcon and 7 others like this.
  9. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

I inherited a pit bull when my daughters were five and six years old. That didn’t last long. The first time he growled at my five year old, I loaded his happy ass in the truck and hauled him to the SPCA. Why people want these sorry excuses for dogs when there are infinitely better choices is beyond me. “It’s not the dog. It’s the owner.” Great! Then charge the owner with murder.

Rizzo, DrVlad, oneofthose and 29 others like this.
  10. Danielsuzuki

Danielsuzuki Happiness is where you find it

There’s a reason Officers don’t play when it comes to dogs. Nor do I - however, if you’re not paying attention you’re going to get bit before you can react.

My baby girl is 1 1/2, my heart goes out to the family of that little girl. Not one of those animals would’ve survived.... not one, even if it took every round I carry - primary and backup.

11. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I CCW as much for the four legged threats as the two legged ones. You just never know.

Rizzo, oneofthose, elkhart and 18 others like this.
  12. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

I'd like to know more about the owner and how he treated his animals. Did he fight them? Did he abuse or neglect them? Any other instances with the dogs? Also curious as to how flimsy his fence is since the neighbor mentioned that.

Not sure of Michigan law but seems like a case of Negligent Homicide perhaps.

Very horrific story.

badge315 likes this.
  13. Boo Berry

Boo Berry

As a devout animal lover, it pains me to dislike pit bulls so much, but they’re just not compatible with a civilized society. They’re hardwired to attack and kill, regardless of their owner, home life and/or upbringing.

I wouldn’t let one of those things anywhere near any of my beloved furries, or my wife for that matter. For my money, a loose pit bull poses a threat no less serious than that of an armed bad guy.

DrVlad, OldDad, Jade Falcon and 18 others like this.
  14. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

You bet:goodpost:

tuica and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  15. Redeemed

Redeemed

How about we don’t feed the dogs for a few days, lock the owner in the house with them and see what happens. Maybe he can experience what the little girl did.
    Then euthanize the dogs.

DrVlad, Gray_Rider, Quigley and 3 others like this.
  16. jd4223

jd4223

Detroit has an ordinance requiring Pit Bull owners to have their dogs licensed,tattooed,and they must have an insurance policy to the tune of $50,000(I'm pretty sure on this amount) so when(not if) their dog attacks(bites) somebody,the victim will have a chance to collect on a law suit. That's almost like "NOT GONNA HAPPEN" just like requiring Detroit residents to have a valid drivers license,registration,and proof of legal insurance to drive a car. Not the first time this has happened to a child(or adult)and won't be the last...

treg, Boo Berry and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  17. J-Doo

J-Doo

There Is a reason for someone to have 3 pit bulls that were obviously trained for attacking. Drug dealer or worse. Especially in Southwest Detroit.

AdamRodgers, badge315, tuica and 3 others like this.
  18. WABOOM

WABOOM

They are gentle dogs...[​IMG]

19. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

I was out on the boat early this morning. I saw two trout that were trained to attack jigs. In the shallows was a blue crab that was trained to walk sideways. Crazy! Even saw some pelicans that were trained to dive for bait fish. But what troubles me most is, who trained a select few sharks to bite beach goers? Probably the same guy who trains pity’s to attack little girls on bicycles.

DrVlad, Quigley, treg and 1 other person like this.
  20. Rotn1

Rotn1

It's been a while. Those Evil Pittbull's are not living up to their reputation. I wonder what those 6 million Pitts have been doing for the past several months. Sort of like a mass shooting. Doesn't happen very often but when it does folks love to pounce.

Seems a lot like the Libs who breathlessly hope a black rifle was somehow involved.

Even the poor father recognizes that the dogs were not properly cared for, managed or contained. Even that poor man as distraught as he was realizes it was the owners fault.......

Remember the killer is not the black rifle its the man in possession of the black rifle. Sorry, it's not the dogs it's the dumb ass owners who are irresponsible.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Slackinoff, 1-2man, evlbruce and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.