close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Threads notifications in email

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by J Teezy, Jan 4, 2004.

1. J Teezy

J Teezy

I am getting emails sent to me everytime people reply to some threads here. It is really getting annoying and would like to know how i stop this from happening

2. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

J Teezy,

Go to the "User CP" at the top of the home page. Click it and then go to "Edit Options". The 6th option down will be an "email by defalt" option. Choose the "no" box in that option. That should take care of it.

Also when you reply to the post you have the option of "Email Notification" to choose. Make sure that you dont click that box.

Hope this helps.

Take Care
    "duck"

3. J Teezy

J Teezy

thank you sir

4. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

No problem,

Had the same thing happen to me when I first became a memeber. I was too embarrased to ask so I started messing around with it.;f ;f

Take Care
    "duck"

5. Aaron

Aaron Guest

Hey Duck --

I did what you said (a long time ago) and I STILL get those notifications! Grrrrrr. That's what they make "DELETE" for in the "inbox" controls. :)

--AARON

6. J Teezy

J Teezy

yeah, i changed it and still get them in my box. Gets annoying having to delete all those mails over and over and over

7. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

Well guys when you changed the user settings your still going to get emails from the threads that you had originally subscribed to. Try this. Go to your "User CP" page, towards the bottom of the page you will see a box labeled "Subscribed threads", you will also see where you can "show threads from" click the box and view the number of days you want to view. Once that is done delete the subscription from them. If that doenst work then I would say email a Moderator.

Take Care
    "duck"