close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thread Search - (question)

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by pupcuss27, Sep 25, 2008.

1. pupcuss27

pupcuss27 CLM

Hi Moderators:

I've had our "Scrabble Game" running in Lighter Side for over a year now.

See at: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737961

For the longest time I had been keeping a running collection of the used words in the game on an Excel spreadsheet and posting updates to the list monthly or so until it kinda got away from me back in May.

Anyway, one of the regular players mentioned your "Search Thread" feature and to just type in the word you wanted to play and the search would take you to the post if the word had been used in this Thread.

I've tried doing this "Search Thread" feature over 20 times and only once did a match come back to a word and it had been posted that week.

I know that you must wait a short time between searches, but is there a "Lenght of time" or "Certain Number of posts in a Thread" that control how far back in a Thread the Search function will work.

The word BRASS had been used and the Search could not find it. There was a recent time the word GRASS could have been used. I knew the word had already been played, but I searched it and it did not come up. Another member played the word GRASS and after she had posted it, I tried the "Search Thread", and her post Did come up, although the original posting of the word did not.

Sorry this is so long winded...I guess if you can just find out the perimeters of the "Search Thread" forum feature for me, I would really appreciate it!

I really do not want to go back to my 05/11/08 update and type all of the used words since then!

Sincerely,

Richard in INDY