Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've received some feedback on how difficult it is to locate thread about Glocks based on model so I went ahead and added thread prefixes to help.

Please use them so people are better able to locate the information they are looking for. If you don't know what model your Glock is no worries, it's not required, but please do you best in order to help people new to Glocks learn as much as possible.

If I missed one, or need to add one to help be more specific please let me know.

Thanks for the hand with this guys!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey guys,

I've received some feedback on how difficult it is to locate thread about Glocks based on model so I went ahead and added thread prefixes to help.

Please use them so people are better able to locate the information they are looking for. If you don't know what model your Glock is no worries, it's not required, but please do you best in order to help people new to Glocks learn as much as possible.

If I missed one, or need to add one to help be more specific please let me know.

Thanks for the hand with this guys!
Don't see the 19X.

·
rip "Bud"
10,907 Posts
What is a thread prefix and how do I find it?
Are you referring to the Gun model or is there something I'm missing... ????

BTW , I started a conversation with, ANYONE, about what has happened to our forum categories.

How surprised I was that there is a member with the moniker "Anyone" So no wonder I wasn't receving a response. DANG! What a concept, Aye???

Please help me learn this new system and how to start a new thread.... For it used to be so simple to post a pix and begin a new thread.....

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
This process very much needs a way to identify in the subject what generation is being discussed. There are many lazy and careless postings made in which the OP does not bother himself with the onerous task of identifying the generation. That often makes the OP's issue impossible to answer unless the respondent discusses all generational possibilities in his reply.

Reactions: L-2

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Maybe it'll take more time, but I'm seeing several instances where the OP doesn't notice the wrong thread Glock-model prefix, and may not realize there even was a thread-prefix in his/her thread. There's one right now with a G18C prefix, but talking about a G26.

I suppose the thread prefix option can be monitored a bit longer before deciding to keep or end the option.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Thread Prefixes are helpful, I still have to wade thru every post looking for a G19 Prefix or a G 43 Prefix (if the OP remembers to add them).
I have tried to spend time here in the past enjoying the Glock Talk forum, but it is cumbersome to read every post headline to get to what I am searching for.

The Sig Talk forum gets it right by having major categories by model number. There, I can just dive right into the P365 Section.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts