Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· finishes it...
4,785 Posts
i'm a fan of 3m reflective versions (just one at a time on back window though).

Reactions: Bahn and MarkCO

· Super Moderator
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
👍🏽 I’m a Mopar Man with a 2019 Dodge Hellcat Redeye black on black. Gotta have our Glocks and Horsepower!
My first car was a Charger. Had a Roadrunner, Satellite, Challenger, another Charger, Demon, Dart in my teens and 20s. Had an Arrow with a 440 for a Drag car and a Satellite in a claim rule NASCAR class. Wife has a Ram. The GTO was just an easy pick over the Challenger before it was released. I got to drive one and the Grandma suspension killed my dream, which is why the GTO. It has 505 HP. Long tube headers, bigger throttle body and a tune. Averages 19 mpg in the city, 24 highway. 😎😁 So my economy car to drive.

• Love
Reactions: LocoGlockO

· Registered
112 Posts
My first car was a Charger. Had a Roadrunner, Satellite, Challenger, another Charger, Demon, Dart in my teens and 20s. Had an Arrow with a 440 for a Drag car and a Satellite in a claim rule NASCAR class. Wife has a Ram. The GTO was just an easy pick over the Challenger before it was released. I got to drive one and the Grandma suspension killed my dream, which is why the GTO. It has 505 HP. Long tube headers, bigger throttle body and a tune. Averages 19 mpg in the city, 24 highway. 😎😁 So my economy car to drive.
Oh man you just listed all of my dream cars! Outstanding! 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

· Super Moderator
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Oh man you just listed all of my dream cars! Outstanding! 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
My 71 Charger and 70 Challenger are in a private museum collection. The 68 Satellite and the Arrow are still being campaigned as Drag cars.

• Love
Reactions: LocoGlockO

· Registered
1,565 Posts
So I had a blister, about the size of a quarter, under the flag sticker where the factory paint came off. It really bugged me and I have, over the years, considered a repaint ($1500 or so) or a lower body charcoal wrap (also $1500). Last week I saw this sticker for $3 and I was like...hmm, kind of matches, what the heck.

Cheapskate or good hack?

View attachment 1096819
"Good Hack" IMHO, but then again I'm a known cheapskate.

· Super Moderator
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Drove it today on some errands. Just feels better, maybe a little faster. Wife went with, she likes it.

· Registered
3,857 Posts
An elegant solution Mark - you killed two birds with one stone (blemish & patriotism). Well done; and I'm sure 'The Price Was Right'!

· Registered
62 Posts
Maybe get some vinyl wrap of your favorite color, cut out a piece to a shape of your liking and throw it on. In my experience the 3M vinyl wrap is far superior to anything else...but then again, I've only ordered from Ebay so I don't know what is is high quality like 3m.

· Super Moderator
9,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Maybe get some vinyl wrap of your favorite color, cut out a piece to a shape of your liking and throw it on. In my experience the 3M vinyl wrap is far superior to anything else...but then again, I've only ordered from Ebay so I don't know what is is high quality like 3m.
My neighbor did show quality body and paint. He still owns his building, but sold the body and paint and now leases the building to a Detailer/Wrap company, and works for them too. If this lasts even a year, I'll be fine and just redo.

Part of the issue with wraps is the prep of the factory paint, road rash, etc that needs to be fixed prior. Sure, I could have them cut an artsy shape in wrap and apply it for a LOT less than a lower body wrap but a LOT more than the $3 sticker.

It's a nice car, and I take care of it, but it is 16 years old with 70K on it, so not like it is anywhere close to pristine anymore.

· Registered
112 Posts
My neighbor did show quality body and paint. He still owns his building, but sold the body and paint and now leases the building to a Detailer/Wrap company, and works for them too. If this lasts even a year, I'll be fine and just redo.

Part of the issue with wraps is the prep of the factory paint, road rash, etc that needs to be fixed prior. Sure, I could have them cut an artsy shape in wrap and apply it for a LOT less than a lower body wrap but a LOT more than the $3 sticker.

It's a nice car, and I take care of it, but it is 16 years old with 70K on it, so not like it is anywhere close to pristine anymore.
yea I agree with you. You certainly drive and enjoy that GTO so the $3 solution is perfect. And it blends well with the colors of the bumper and grill. Hopefully you got extra stickers so you can replace yearly?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts