Glock Talk banner

Thoughts?

1404 Views 39 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Adjuster
So I had a blister, about the size of a quarter, under the flag sticker where the factory paint came off. It really bugged me and I have, over the years, considered a repaint ($1500 or so) or a lower body charcoal wrap (also $1500). Last week I saw this sticker for $3 and I was like...hmm, kind of matches, what the heck.

Cheapskate or good hack?

Car Grille Vehicle White Automotive lighting
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So peel the old sticker and put new one on? If that’s the idea, you should “pop” the blister underneath and maybe a light sand and some primer before reapplying sticker?
The paint that was the "blister" is gone. I did lightly sand the edges to feather it out, put a little adhesion promoter, then a little aerosol epoxy. Let that dry before the sticker.

I got 2 stickers, so if this one gets messed up, I'll use some goof off and put the other one on.

I just wonder if others think it looks good, bad, indifferent. I tend to be a No stickers on my cars kind of guy.

· Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!
3,081 Posts
The paint that was the "blister" is gone. I did lightly sand the edges to feather it out, put a little adhesion promoter, then a little aerosol epoxy. Let that dry before the sticker.

I got 2 stickers, so if this one gets messed up, I'll use some goof off and put the other one on.

I just wonder if others think it looks good, bad, indifferent. I tend to be a No stickers on my cars kind of guy.
Good hack, but i am also a NO STICKERS guy.

Had only only one ever. It was from MAD Magazine and read:
BUMPER STICKER

· NRA Life Member
5,780 Posts
Good Choice!!!

If you aren't on an FBI list now, this should really do the trick!!!
🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎

· Banned
27,646 Posts

Ok. So you have no stickers to begin with. Normally these days I’d advise against that sticker, but….

(see post 7)

· Director of civil unrest
15,138 Posts
So I had a blister, about the size of a quarter, under the flag sticker where the factory paint came off. It really bugged me and I have, over the years, considered a repaint ($1500 or so) or a lower body charcoal wrap (also $1500). Last week I saw this sticker for $3 and I was like...hmm, kind of matches, what the heck.

Cheapskate or good hack?

View attachment 1096819
EXACTLY what I would do!

· Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good Choice!!!

If you aren't on an FBI list now, this should really do the trick!!!
🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎 🇺🇸 😎
I am sure the FBI has me on several lists for a variety of reasons. In fact last time I took a class from an FBI instructor, he told me I was the topic of discussion on a case a few weeks prior. Eh, they know where to find me if they need to. :)

It is the attorneys that hand me GT posts in depositions that worry me more...

· Banned
27,646 Posts
I am sure the FBI has me on several lists for a variety of reasons. In fact last time I took a class from an FBI instructor, he told me I was the topic of discussion on a case a few weeks prior. Eh, they know where to find me if they need to. :)

It is the attorneys that hand me GT posts in depositions that worry me more...
You don’t know me, so no recusal, and spin it good.

· NRA Life Member
5,780 Posts
Can't imagine what the response would be if you chose a "brandon" sticker... :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: MarkCO

· Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good hack; it's so gray it'll be almost invisible, except to the FBI.
BTW, ever ask why you were the topic of discussion?
Of course I asked. It was a case I was working on.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts