Glock Talk banner

Thoughts on the Raven Vanguard II holster

1399 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  iyiyi
Hey guys.
I really like the idea and the minimalism of this holster.
Does anyone here use this system and if so, how do you like it?

Very interested in getting one.

Thanks!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys.
I really like the idea and the minimalism of this holster.
Does anyone here use this system and if so, how do you like it?

Very interested in getting one.

Thanks!
I bought one recently but haven't used it. I use eidolon with my glock 19 but might pick up a glock 26 for use with vanguard II for deep concealment. I put it on my glock 19 before and the only thing I could notice is that I didn't like that the loop part would go in between my index and middle finger while drawing, thus it gets in a way just a tad bit. I need to play around with ride height and maybe I can lower it so it doesn't bother me, but shouldn't be too much of a problem regardless. Another complaint I heard of from other users is that it can lead to faster slide finish wear because it is exposed, especially if it comes in contact with other metal. Overall quality seems to be very good and the retention seems just right.

· Registered
297 Posts
I have one and as far as a minimalist holster, it is the best that I have tried! Personally, I prefer OWB in Kydex and find IWB uncomfortable. I weigh 185 with a 30 inch waist, so I even though I am trim in the middle, IWB is still not comfortable for me. If the time dictates and the venue warrants IWB, I find the Vanguard II the the most comfortable option and since it adds absolutely nothing to the frame/slide width, it is awesome to help with concealment.

· Registered
2,767 Posts
I have one and wear it AIWB. I don't use the loop but the lanyard instead.
I tied the lanyard shorter to control ride depth and to pull off as soon as the pistol clears the belt when moving it forward.
I also like the fact that I don't have to remove the holster and then re-snap when put back in place.
The small amount of movement the lanyard allows makes it more comfortable as I walk, set or drive.

· Registered
2,342 Posts
As a minimalist holster it's good. I tried it when I wanted a minimalist holster. It's really what got me into appendix carry. I use a JM Custom holster now so I prefer a real holster.

· Registered
117 Posts
I think everyone should own one. Does it fit every scenario, no but there are some times when it is perfect. I think the price is such that it is worth having around for those times it would come in handy. When a minimalist holster is needed then this is the best one out there. I like it when I just want to snap it on and run out to walk the dogs.

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!
I think when the original goes back in stock on their site I'm gonna get one of those and one of the IIs.
That way I can use the original as just a trigger guard for a bag or something.

Honestly I think I'll probably use it with the lanyard instead of the belt loop anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.