Thoughts on the Magpunch Glock magazine-mounted glass breaker?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mrtman, Sep 27, 2007.

1. mrtman

mrtman

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these glass breaker things from Magpunch? I think it adds a lot to the look of the gun but is there any difference between the two models?

For reference, pic of both are on their site at http://www.magpunch.com

Thanks in advance,

Mr. T

2. I would never use my $500 Glock as a hammer or bashing instrument.

It looks like a mall ninja attachment.

3. mrtman

mrtman

I wouldn't either, but from the looks of it, they don't either. Seems like every other sentence on that site says so, lol.

After watching the video, I think it'd work well out of the gun though. I think I'm sold on the stinger, but I'll have to see what others say.

I guess that makes me a mall ninja 'eh? heh

Mr. T

4. vafish

vafish

I bet that feels real good when you seat a full mag in the mag well.

(hint look for mall ninja's with holes in their left palm)

Why not just shoot a hole in the glass?

5. Kentucky_Guy

Kentucky_Guy

just when you think youve seen everything...LOL

instead of tearing up your gun, why not just shoot the glass out?????

6. Kentucky_Guy

Kentucky_Guy

edit: NO, i would not put some P.O.S like that on my G17

7. vafish

vafish

Yeah plus that's regular plate glass he's breaking. Just hitting it with a rock would do the same thing.

I really like they way they have it installed on the SBR at the bottom of the page:

[​IMG]

How the heck are you going to break glass with the stock and foregrip hanging down so low?

8. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG! I didn't see that at first. I'm sold now! And a bargin at only $29.99!

How could a company possibly put that picture on their web site and expect anyone to take them seriously?

This has got to be the biggest mall ninja POS ever!

9. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

I wanted somthing like that on my Mag-Light, but on a gun? If I have ammo?

10. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

What next a secret compartment for a handcuff key?

11. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

I thought that was a bad idea, then I saw the picture posted that they actually have on their site of the SBR. I didn't believe it at first until I seen it with my own eyes. I'm trying to think how you could hold a glock safely with that and break a window.

12. dakrat

dakrat

my dad would love that! one day my dad and I was coming home from school and bunch of drunk thugs was blocking the one lane driveway to our apartment complex sitting in their car with the music thumping, beer bottles everywhere. dad honk the horn and they are just not moving. one drunk man approached our vehicle while my dad reached for his heavy 1911 and lowered the window. as the man bent to stick his head in the window, my dad pistol whipped him in the mouth! broke few front teeth and ran away as fast as he could while holding his bloody mouth tripped and fell a couple times.... other homies ran like away too. ohh the good times.

but back to the subject, no, i will not put one of those in my glock. its sure is handy when you need it especially in a car accident where you cant open the doors. like what vafish said, its going to be hard to insert a fully loaded mag in the mag well. plus im afraid when i smash a window and my hand goes through and get cut by broken glass and pull the trigger...

13. omega48038

omega48038

The site says to use it you must remove the mag from the gun, unload it and make sure you and - get this - any nearby animals are wearing gloves, protective clothing, and safety goggles. LOL, my dog never goes anywhere without his Wiley Xs.

14. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

15. tango44

tango44

Try to do a reload or a reinsert that mag and let's see what happen to your hand. :banana:

16. vafish

vafish

Yeah reminds me of a story a friend used to tell me.

He worked at a lumber yard, was helping some guy load a bunch of lumber in his truck, the guy had his hand all bandaged up.

When my friend asked about the bandage the guy unwrapped it and showed my friend 2 neat round holes in the palm of his hand.

The guy wanted to see how strong his battery powered drill was. He tried to stop his drill by grabbing the bit. He did it twice before he gave up. :rofl:

17. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

That's what I keep thinking.

I want to like it, but it just seems like it would hurt you if you had to use it as a magazine.

18. locobombero

locobombero

Sure looks like it would take the fun out of pistol whipping!

19. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Again they have indicate you use the backup magazine and not the one in the weapon. You use the punch equipped magazine when it is in your hand.

From their site:

"For numerous safety and tactical reasons, NeoArms, LLC. highly recommends installing the MagPunch Impact-Resistant Steel Punch on, (and used with), a factory-new spare magazine instead of a firearm’s primary magazine.

Before using a MagPunch Steel Punch for any purpose, ensure the punch’s host-magazine has been removed from the accompanying firearm. Do not use a MagPunch Steel Punch at any time while its host-magazine is seated in a firearm—doing so is not only extremely unsafe, but may result in damage to the firearm as well.

If the punch’s host-magazine requires removal from a firearm before use, be sure the firearm is holstered or otherwise totally secured before continuing on. Next, remove any rounds from the punch’s host-magazine. Stow any loose ammunition removed in the manner prescribed by the ammunition’s manufacturer. Always remember, firearm safety comes first!

Before using a MagPunch Steel Punch for any purpose, visually inspect the host-magazine’s floor plate for cracks or other signs of damage. If floor plate damage is present, replace the host-magazine floor plate with a genuine factory floor plate before continuing."

:upeyes: :shocked: :sad:

20. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Failed reading comprehension? :upeyes: