Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dixie Rebel
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daily carry right now is a Glock 17, and either Gold Dots or Ranger T's. I'm fine with it.

However, I just have a itch for something fun, different, but that still can be carried in my large fanny pack, if I so desired.

Since I really like the 357 Sig, I was thinking of getting a 35, and a Wolf, 6-inch 357 barrel to drop in it. Of course, there's nothing wrong with the .40 cal, either. I just have that need for speed, I hear about! :supergrin:

Just curious on how the tactical Glocks handle>??? I have a couple cop buds, who love the way the 35's point & aim. So much so, they got approval to carry them rather than the model 22.

Lastly, the 357 is the only other caliber a 35 can be converted to, correct?:dunno:

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I THINK (although someone will correct me if I'm wrong), that there's a drop-in 9mm barrel for the 35.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
What size of groups can one expect to shoot at 25 or even 50 yards with the G35......:whistling:
It can place em as good as you can shoot em....and probably better. The gun is plenty accurate right out of the box. A 25 cent trigger job may help you shoot it even a little more accurately.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
He said he wanted it for 357 Sig. I have a G-35 that I bought and a KKM barrel in 357, and I intend to use it for my CCW gun. I didn't get a barrel any longer than stock length. This setup isn't much longer (if any) than a 1911 and it's lighter.
At

·
Dixie Rebel
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He said he wanted it for 357 Sig. I have a G-35 that I bought and a KKM barrel in 357, and I intend to use it for my CCW gun. I didn't get a barrel any longer than stock length. This setup isn't much longer (if any) than a 1911 and it's lighter.
At
That sounds pretty sweet... This is pretty-much going to be my "all-around" Glock.

I was curious if you think it handles better, than the standard service sized Glocks.

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
I wouldn't carry with an aftermarket barrel until you run a few hundred rounds through it first to check function. The aftermarket barrels take away from Glocks reliability. Not saying they AREN'T reliable, just less.

·
Dixie Rebel
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't carry with an aftermarket barrel until you run a few hundred rounds through it first to check function. The aftermarket barrels take away from Glocks reliability. Not saying they AREN'T reliable, just less.
Oh, absolutely so. I'm been instructing since the early 80's, and anything you modify must be tested. Of course, same with changing one carry load to another.

The 35 would be more for fun than carry. I'm just too comfortable with my Glock 17.:wavey:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ulver, I have the set up you are wanting and have been considering selling it since I have no need for a safe queen. I have the G35 with the factory .40cal barrel and a Jarvis .357sig national match barrel. I also have a boat load of .40cal magazines and a good bit of ammo. I'll sell you whatever you want to buy and whatever is left over I'll just post on GT in the for sale forum. I no longer have the 9mm conversion barrel that is in the pic. I am in West Ga. so we could do a face to face transaction

·
Dixie Rebel
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ulver, I have the set up you are wanting and have been considering selling it since I have no need for a safe queen. I have the G35 with the factory .40cal barrel and a Jarvis .357sig national match barrel. I also have a boat load of .40cal magazines and a good bit of ammo. I'll sell you whatever you want to buy and whatever is left over I'll just post on GT in the for sale forum. I no longer have the 9mm conversion barrel that is in the pic. I am in West Ga. so we could do a face to face transaction

WOW! That's nice... I missed the post, as I have been on the road. Do you still have the gun>?

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
ULVER-=========When I bought my 35 I had intentions of using 357sig. I bought a KKM 357 barrel straight away. Since then I have added a 9mm conversion barrel. It's a fine 3 caliber setup.

AustinTx

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
I love my 35! It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've got a LWD .357 barrel and I like shooting that in it better than .40. I put a set of Truglo fiber optic sights on it and absolutely love them.

·
local trouble maker
9,125 Posts
i payed $480 for a blue label G35.
if you are not eligible for the discount about $580.

G35 run about a hundred more than G22's.

·
Registered
188 Posts
35 rocks! I added a LW 9mm conversion barrel with the G17 mags/extractor/spring bearing. Very good setup and platform for multiple calibers.

·
Dixie Rebel
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I get a model 35 in .40 S&W...

All I have to change to shoot 357 Sig, is a 357 barrel. Correct?

If so, does the same hold true for shooting 9mm, or no?

Thanks for the help!!!:wavey:

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
So I get a model 35 in .40 S&W...

All I have to change to shoot 357 Sig, is a 357 barrel. Correct?

If so, does the same hold true for shooting 9mm, or no?

Thanks for the help!!!:wavey:
Almost. The .357 barrel is interchangeable with the .40, but Glock doesn't make a factory .357 barrel in that length so you'd need a LWD or something else (I've got the LWD and it works great). You would use the G35 (G22) mags.

For 9mm, you'd need a 9mm conversion barrel and separate (G17) mags.

I don't have the 9mm barrel for mine but I'd like to get one. The 35 is VERY sweet in .357!

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
thanks.. i found one for $525.. hope to pick it up on sunday or monday..

where do i get a 9mm barrel?
You can get them from several vendors, but I'd get the Lone Wolf (best price)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts