Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me begin by saying I am primarily a CZ and 1911 shooter. My troubles with Glock grips are generally only fixed with the newer beavertails. I was disappointed to find that the 43x MOS did not come with the usual beavertails. I however fell in love with the 43X as an EDC and I was going to make it work. Larger frame Glocks (with beavertail) are much more pleasurable to shoot for me than the 43x. I found the grip to me very slick and the size just a bit too small to get good purchase out of my appendix rig. I quickly added the Talon grips and that helped immensely. The grip angle and overall size remained an issue. I tried a Hogue beavertail sleeve and that worked for a while. It did nothing to fix the grip angle troubles I was having though. Every draw I was pointing the gun high. I didn't want to stipple the frame and lose the gun for several weeks or possibly end up with an even slimmer frame as a result. I stumbled across the Sandstorm Precision grip insert online and figured I would try one. I ordered the long version and removed my Hogue sleeve. I then installed a fresh set of Talon grip tape over the grip and the Sandstorm beavertail. Viola!! I now have a compact grip that has an angle much closer to my 1911's and the Talon tape fit over the whole setup nicely. I also use the Shield arms Gen2 magazines and magwell. The Shield magwell is very compact and mates well to the gun.

I have been running my gun in a Concealment Express appendix rig. When using the claw it did not allow for my knuckle to grip the gun properly. The gap between the claw and the grip was tiny. The holster has a cant adjustment but no height adjustment and with my frame I tend to prefer a higher ride. I could cant the gun but then my draw was wonky and not straight up. I cut my claw foot to shorten it and that gave me the clearance I needed. The gun still rides low and often shifts tilting right and left (altering the grip position in relation to my belt) but it works much better. While my rig works I decided to buy a height adjustable holster with more clearance to start with from Tier one. Once it arrives I expect my holster issues will be resolved.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Glad you're getting it worked out. I really dig the G43X MOS setup I have now. I'd love to see some pics of yours currently with the Sandstrom and Talons installed.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Interesting. I had never heard of it before today. I hope it works out for you long term.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. I had never heard of it before today. I hope it works out for you long term.
I was worried about how it attaches but the tape provided seems pretty solid. I used the Talon tape as insurance. If I could have gotten a hogue around it I would have done that. Glock made some mistakes with the 43x. 10 round mags being one of them. The grip imho is wonderful for concealment but it coulda been a little larger and less slick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the talon grips on my 43 I had. I like the looks of both talon and sandstrom though after seeing it. May have to get both and decide on one of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts