Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a reasonable price for this? Are these semi-fitted or fully-fitted Bar-Sto barrels, I know it's impossible to tell. Asking price is $1200, but is it worth even $1000? I figure these Bar-Sto barrels aren't "1320" not even at full retail, unless some kind of service is included.

Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gen3 G31 357 Sig new in case with 2 mags.
Has Bar-Sto fitted barrels in 357, 40, 9mm by Bar-sto with all receipts(cost $1320.00).
Each barrel test fired by Bar-Sto, and has, 2 each 40 and 9mm mags also.
Includes original barrel.
Has Zev trigger system)(cost $180.00), with Zev light stricker($80.00),
(original trigger and springs included.
Aro-Tek low mount steel rear, green fiber front, original sites included(Cost $50.00).
Each barrel has 2 mags. Has grip plug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

upload_2020-5-6_10-31-21.png

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Its a 31 not a 30. The glock with all the barrels would be worth at least 1,200.00 or at least to buy it used. The bar sto barrels are very expensive. Plus if they are drop in fitted or match target fitted? The match target fitting is over 200 per barrel. Plus shipping handling and testfire. If this is what you want its a good set up but a major expense. But you NEED to know if the barrels are Drop In or Match Target. If he has 3 barrels, 9mm,357sig, and 40s&w thats over 1200.00 easy just in barrels. But fitted match target ones at that. Thats a great deal. Plus you get the gun for free. Plus the extras. If your interested buy it. But you might have to sit on it to get you money out of it cause nobody is going to want to buy a 1,000 + glock. If they are fitted hes takin a major hit. Hes got to have 1600. In it. Plus dont forget if you can shoot a glock great ( meaning you know glock triggers) and can take advantage of the accuracy. These barrels should be able to shoot sub 1" groups if you mess with loads it likes. 2" loads pretty easily. At 25 yards.

·
18,990 Posts
I would want to deduct the cost of replacing the Zev trigger with OEM factory parts. A Barsto barrel for a G31 costs $240.00 and Barsto charges $65.00 for barrel fitting . The gun is overpriced.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
using that math above, that's about 900 in Bar-Sto barrels, priced retail, and whatever mods you make to it, you never get them out. Might be a great deal at $1,000?

IME, nobody buys $1000+ Glocks no matter what you put in them, people perceive them as $450-550 type devices.

·
troy ounce gold
1,464 Posts
My personal preference would be oem G31/G22 barrels and aftermarket 9mm conversion barrel.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Great deal at $1000, if I offer that?
Imho if that is what you are looking for it’s a good deal. You couldn’t build that yourself for $1000. I know it’s not for everyone but If you are looking for a gun with all that I don’t see how you could do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
What's a reasonable price for this? Are these semi-fitted or fully-fitted Bar-Sto barrels, I know it's impossible to tell. Asking price is $1200, but is it worth even $1000? I figure these Bar-Sto barrels aren't "1320" not even at full retail, unless some kind of service is included.

Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gen3 G31 357 Sig new in case with 2 mags.
Has Bar-Sto fitted barrels in 357, 40, 9mm by Bar-sto with all receipts(cost $1320.00).
Each barrel test fired by Bar-Sto, and has, 2 each 40 and 9mm mags also.
Includes original barrel.
Has Zev trigger system)(cost $180.00), with Zev light stricker($80.00),
(original trigger and springs included.
Aro-Tek low mount steel rear, green fiber front, original sites included(Cost $50.00).
Each barrel has 2 mags. Has grip plug.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 752538

Unless you have a pressing need for extreme accuracy in all three of these calibers I would pass.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a single G31 that runs on 3 calibers.. having said that, it's not as nice as having 3 separate G22, G17 and G31.. however a lot better than having than just G31.

also these barrels have been fitted to that particular slide and I assume can't be moved to another slide, without re-fitting.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unless you have a pressing need for extreme accuracy in all three of these calibers I would pass.

I don't. In fact I have no interest in either of them at all.

This is kind of interesting:

upload_2020-5-6_23-32-7.png

and if we add 9mm to the equation, we get this:

upload_2020-5-6_23-33-1.png

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
If he says hes got 1,300 in just the barrels? They would have to be the Match Target Fitted barrels. Not the semi/drop in fitted barrels. Drop in fitted would be under 1,000 just in barrels. If its the match target hand fitted barrels, if you could buy it for 1,000 and hes asking 1,300? Its worth way more than that. Plus its new. That would be a great package to have.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So there is more interest in the 10mm than in the 9mm?
No, it shows there is way more (exponentially) more interest in 9mm than everything else, which makes total sense and with 10mm showing more interest than 40S&W (which is surprising and doesn't fit real-life data I observe) and it also shows 357 Sig deader than a doornail but not all that much worse than 40S&W.

You can re-run the query if my search terms are incorrect.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If he says hes got 1,300 in just the barrels? They would have to be the Match Target Fitted barrels. Not the semi/drop in fitted barrels. Drop in fitted would be under 1,000 just in barrels. If its the match target hand fitted barrels, if you could buy it for 1,000 and hes asking 1,300? Its worth way more than that. Plus its new. That would be a great package to have.
I hear you and get your point but the fact is, you never get out what you put in customization. Especially Glock it seems but really all of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts