Thoughts on 10-round magazine restrictions in CA ?

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by Landmonster, May 4, 2007.

1. 2952

The only statement that I said, That may be questionable is - the comment on Marin County having escapees from the Peoples Zoo. You however prove my point. You are in the "Frisco Area" and do not know California Gun Laws.

I do know California gun laws and I have a California CCW and I carry concealed weapons in the "Frisco Area" and Marin County all the time and you can not. Because you listen to the stupid newspapers and elect officials that you think will protect you and they, then deny you, the basic rights that are protected by the Constitution of the USA.

Have fun skipping through the Tulips in the Peoples Zoo!

2. danyanda

danyanda

Glock-Ewe, after your last post you don't have much credibility.

The ENTIRE point of the second ammendment was to ensure that the citizens of this country would have the ability to muster armed resistance against the government if it ever came to that. This also served as a check on governmental power, because as long as the common people were armed, the people in government would be careful not to overstep their bounds. Gun control is less about guns than it is about control.

The second ammendment states that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". The US supreme court has ruled that, because of the nature of the constitution as applies to the federal government and because of the militia phrase, the 2nd ammendment does not apply to states, only the federal government. This is a mistake. This country does not allow the state governments to infringe on the free exercise of religion (ammendment 1) or to practice unreasonable searches and seizures (ammendment 4). The Bill or Rights is supposed to be guaranteed to the people.

The being said, let's look at what it means to infringe someone's right...

INFRINGE -
    1. to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress
    2. to encroach or trespass

Maybe we need to look at what encroach means

ENCROACH - to enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another

So, when the state of California or New York sets 10 round limits, or the state of New Jersey sets a 15 round limit, the state government is entering by gradual steps into the constitutionally guaranteed right of the people (not the state, as the state does not exercise religion and is not unreasonable searched and siezed) to keep (or own) and bear (or carry) arms (or guns).

That, my friend, is what the big deal is about 10 round limits. Especially since LEOs, as agents of the government, are not held to this limit. Seems to me that a round count that applies to the common people and NOT to the agents of the government would be using gun control to unfairly stack the deck in the government's favor. Now why would anyone want to do that? ehem, so they can control.

3. AustinTx

AustinTx

I don't understand why anyone needs more than 10 rounds in a mag usless you are in-country. The 10 round limit does not apply to LEOs here.

It's obvious that the LEO'S in Marin co. have sense enough to know they are "in country"

This may not have been clear to all. I was quoting the following post. My reply was intended as satire.

glock-ewe

I don't understand why anyone needs more than 10 rounds in a mag usless you are in-country.
    The 10 round limit does not apply to LEOs here.

edit 5-5-07

4. mastrbloata

mastrbloata

TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!!TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!!! Heads up!!

5. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Maybe. Maybe not. I see no reason to kill the thread because you think so.

This is a vital issue. This is how these LW whackos approach a thing. Bullets and spinach...

You live in a Stand Your Ground state. CCW permits are available in Florida. Don't take it for granted, as Billary will change that in a heartbeat, given the slightest encouragement. That last magazine ban was a compromise of what the Left was really after.

Nice area, where you indicate you're at. My sister lives nearby, in Dunedin.

--Ray

6. bghunter

bghunter Senior

I need to move there from Texas.... :rofl: I thought we had it bad here:animlol:

7. mastrbloata

mastrbloata

I don't take anything for granted.:hugs: Just having a little fun. Be well,MB.

8. ky_glock26

ky_glock26 Guest

Couldn't agree more and was thinking the same thing.

Remember when that old man plowed through the streets killing a couple of people and wounding several others. I guess that was the cars fault. I think CA should pass a law that cars are not allowed to be running while on the road.

9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:9

I don't like the restriction and I don't ever plan on moving to Cali because I love my 33 round mags. :)

10. Fragster

Fragster Guest

Back to the original post--part of the question was whether a Glock that was designed to hold 15 rnds was an illogical pistol once compromised by a state law mandating a 10 rnd limit. I have thought about that many times. Since I live in CA my G20 has never seen the mag it was designed around. Of course that is an irksome proposition. The only response can be to train even harder and practice reloads with more mags. I think most ordinary defensive uses of a handgun don't require triple-digit round counts, and are ended in split-seconds once the decision to escalate to deadly force is made. With that being said, if civilization collapses or the zombies arise, those of us with guns in CA will be at a distinct disadvantage.

The CA 10-rnd limit is really noticed by those who would like to go black rifle/AR-15. You can buy a Bushmaster with a ten-round fixed mag but anything else skirts legality. I would love to get a business going that sold CA citizens a .223 stripper clip/guide accessory set-up for the CA-legal Bushmaster--and I'd be the first customer too.

10-rounders are better than nothing. If you live in CA spend a buck or two to make sure your pro-gun feelings are heard in Sacramento. Everyone is so pessimistic about the future of guns in CA they've just about given up even trying to protect such a vital and elemental freedom/right.

NRA! Support your Gun Shows and local Gun stores! Every dollar spent on this great hobby/freedom is another vote for the 2nd Amendment 'cuz we all know money talks......

Later!
    Fragster out.

11. AJSully421

AJSully421 Armed Citizen

To quote an idea from a local conservative radio host here in DFW... The gun.. any gun, is morally neutral. My G17 in my hand with a 33 round mag loaded with armor piercing ammo would be 100% unlikely to be used against the government, a cop, or anyone but a burgular / robber / rapist who is trying to harm me or mine... this exact same setup in the hands of a criminal minded or psycho person is a mass murder waiting to happen. If i owned an m16 i would use it to see how many holes i could put into a coffee can in 2 seconds, and that is about it... a crazy person would try to take out as many people as possible with it... (sepecially with that evil pistol grip and flash suppressor) It is not the gun, the ammo, the magazine capacity, or anything else but who is using said weapon that makes it dangerous. just my $.02.. which is currently trading down .004 at $.016 :p

12. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

Umm, I believe your thinking is a little fuzzy there. That's like saying that money in banks causes bank robberies. By the way, I haven't heard of a "road rage" shooting in No. Calif. for quite some time now. You act as if it is a daily event or something.

Once again, fuzzy thinking. 10-round limit? Tell that to the legally armed citizen in AZ that engaged a cop-killer with his GLOCK .357Sig and only had 14 rounds in his pistol's magazine (which was the only ammo that he had on his person). He fired all 14 rounds and then rushed the cop-killer and actually physically disarmed the murderer because he shot his gun to slide-lock! When I carry my G-19 I have a minimum of two extra 15-round magazines on my person. It's always better to have and not need than to need and not have!

There's a difference between people who own a firearm and take it to the range and punch paper targets, and those of us who have a CCW and carry on a daily basis. I guess it is difficult for those of you who do not carry a firearm for SD to understand the many aspects of the use of a firearm for SD. Just because YOU think that there's no need for magazine capacity over 10 rounds doesn't mean that there is no REAL NEED for more than 10 rounds per magazine. If you had any amount of knowledge regarding the actual dynamics that take place during a life or death SD shooting, you would realize just how silly your comments really are.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Peoples Zoo". Maybe emotionally disturbed people that should be locked up at Napa University...I mean Napa State Hospital? Tell ya one thing, the Bay Area (and I usually spell that with a capital "G" and not a "B") certainly has a good many of the nutcases (and liberatards) of this state and I don't go to that area of No. Calif. without two guns either! Oh, and by the way, another good reason to carry hi-cap mags in the G...Bay Area (including Marin, Napa & Solano) is because of the increase of Sureno gang members that are being paroled to these locals from the L.A. area. If that's not a good enough reason to carry several spare hi-cap magazines or even a second gun, I don't know what is!

13. podwich

podwich

1) How do you figure? Don't cars lead to road rage? Ban them!

2) What does a 10-round limit accomplish? Why arbitrarily limit capacity? Why should we be required to reload our mags at 10 rounds just because it helps your accuracy? I can shoot 15 rounds just fine, thank you. (BTW-can you seriously not come up with a single situation in which more than 10 rounds would be useful?)

3) I don't know what the 10-round limit accomplishes either. The fact that it's been used to limit what I can do for no reasonable reason bothers me.

14. 619Glock3r

619Glock3r

Ten rounds........

You guys argue about it . I'm going to the beach. ;)

15. mastrbloata

mastrbloata

Good lord man....don't give those leftist politicians in Kalifornia anymore nutty ideas to implement!!

16. AustinTx

AustinTx

Originally posted by glock-ewe
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------

This did lead to a killing on a Houston,TX street.

Driver 1 did something in traffic to make
    Driver 2 mad. Eventually both drivers had to stop at a
    light at an intersection. It was hot weather and Driver 1
    had his window closed and A/C running. Driver 2 got out of
    his vehicle and charged up to Driver 1 cursing and shaking
    his fist. Driver 1 lowered his window because he could not
    hear all Driver 2 was saying. As soon as the window went
    down Driver 2 started punching Driver 1 in the face and
    trying to pull him out of the car through the window.
    Driver 2 was much larger than Driver 1.
    Driver 1 has a CHL (TX Concealed Handgun License). He, by
    now, was in fear of his life and proceeded to shoot
    Driver 2 dead. No charges of any sort were filed against
    Driver 1 and still has his CHL. Too bad Driver 2 didn't
    have better manners. I'm sure it will be a long time before
    Driver 1 is able to forget this. I believe this happened
    within the last 2 years.

17. rdharper

rdharper Guest

Just picked up my G26 last Friday. For pretty much the same reasons you site.

18. Mark9Fogger

Mark9Fogger Headed to WA

If I was a non-LEO and a gun owner, I would NEVER live in Kali.

19. hokieglock

hokieglock Proud Infidel

if the terrorists would just take out sanfran and la, cali would be red.

20. CCMO

CCMO Guest

Got that straight! :thumbsup: I am not an LEO, I am a gun owner, and I left the DPRK in 1978 and never went back!

Well, I DID visit my parents eight times between '78 and '96, but they're gone now...