GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17,351 Posts

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
Who doesn't want ammo during this shortage? These buy backs are such a waste of tax payer money. Are the criminals giving up their ammo or guns? If not, they're making absolutely zero impact.

·
Come on man!!
14,732 Posts
An ammo "buyback"? Seriously????

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
Set up a booth offering $6.00 a pound.
Great idea. A pound of 9mm is is about 40 rounds. .15 cents a round! What a steal!

Edit: After reading the article again, it says they're CHARGING $5 a pound to dispose of the ammo. Wtf! That's like paying to give away money.

·
Use it up, throw it away
8,722 Posts
Only a government organization could hatch such a ridiculous program. However, I’m sure there are people who will participate.

My buddy is a waste inspector at a landfill in Orange County. Occasionally people bring in cans of R-12 refrigerant. He assures them it will be “disposed of” properly. Then he sells it on fleabay. He gave me 4 cans.

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,571 Posts
Looks like I might need to drive down there Saturday and make a deal......

·
Registered
75,909 Posts
Widows drop off ammo at the PD front desk all the time. We made sure it was all deactivated safely at no charge at our range. One lady brought in her deceased hubby's 2.36" bazooka rocket. I called EOD for that one.

·
Premium Member
25,247 Posts
Widows drop off ammo at the PD front desk all the time. We made sure it was all deactivated safely at no charge at our range. One lady brought in her deceased hubby's 2.36" bazooka rocket. I called EOD for that one.
I wanted to get rid of some “stuff” I found that was not currently legal. My permits are long retired. Seems it’s either a public event, or a hypothetical question. So self disposal it is.
My concern is if I find wet “road flares”. I warned those involved not to touch, leave area (after couple pics) then call me. Those if found. (Most likely) I can’t cart to safe location for disposal...

·
Registered
75,909 Posts
Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
75,909 Posts
I wanted to get rid of some “stuff” I found that was not currently legal. My permits are long retired. Seems it’s either a public event, or a hypothetical question. So self disposal it is.
My concern is if I find wet “road flares”. I warned those involved not to touch, leave area (after couple pics) then call me. Those if found. (Most likely) I can’t cart to safe location for disposal...
This article may help:

8/20/2012 3:50:00 PM
Disposal of ammo and explosives
Sheriff's Corner

Sheriff Tom Burch

https://pineconepresscitizen.com/main.asp?SectionID=21&SubSectionID=70&ArticleID=1939

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
i am ashamed to admit i'm from Wisconsin at the moment.... what the heck.?.?.?.?.

·
Premium Member
25,247 Posts
Why not drive there and mask up, walk down line with a wagon? A “to save you money easy to dispose of ammo taken free. Must be in factory box, no corrosion...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts