Thought process reconciliation

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by as400guy1, Nov 21, 2019.

1. as400guy1

as400guy1

So, tap water can be bad for us so we should order bottled water, especially when overseas....but we shouldn't use bottled water because of the environmental impact....

slamdunc and mike from st pe like this.
  2. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

most bottled water comes from the same place as your tap water. Anyone telling you that bottled water is better is lying. Best thing for us to do is use a filter at home, and reusable drinking containers. Too much plastic is wasted by using bottled water.

Mugsie1, wanderinwalker and OGW like this.

3. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

Never drink water. It might be polluted! Drink whiskey. It's sterile!:p

jimcorbin likes this.
  4. Dave514

Dave514

Not lying. Even bottled water that comes from a municipal source has been spared the travel through slime filled pipes where the "chemicals" have reacted with organic matter and turned into things haloacetic acid. So while I agree that a home filter and reusable containers are the best solution, people should generally pick bottled water over tap. Especially in certain locations where you have a lot of old pipes and long distances from the source to their tap. Or, of course, known problem areas like Flint, MI.

MB-G26, Dr. Bill, Atomic Punk and 3 others like this.
  5. jmohme

jmohme

I use bottled water when I am in my RV. I bought gallon jugs so that I don't have to deal with bad tasting water wherever I hook up.
    I saved the jugs and refill them at home. I guess that helps the enviroment a little, but I do it because I like the filtered water at my house and also because I am a tight a$$.

6. NMG26

NMG26

Britta works good

deputy tom likes this.
  7. as400guy1

as400guy1

Can't bring a gallon jug or a Britta to a restaurant.
    Would be funny, though..

8. Tvov

Tvov

Bottled water, has in theory, been filtered and tested. Except now they are saying that the plastic degrades over time and something about microscopic plastic particles (or something similar) can end up in the water.

We refill water bottles all the time, using our Brita filter at home. In my thought process, a refilled bottle used constantly won't have time to "degrade"? So except for the initial "new" water when you open the bottle the first time, after refilling you are drinking "fresh" water.

I don't know.

Save the environment? Plastic grocery bags were supposed to "save" the environment, because they reduced the use of paper and took up less room at the garbage dumps. Now they are evil?

Dr. Bill and cheygriz like this.
  9. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Here's a funny one to see.

People overseas complaining about the water, then ordering ice for their sodas.

Have seen this multiple, multiple times.

10. Tvov

Tvov

This reminds of coffee shops... true "high end" coffee shops will have their own water filter system, and will make it known they are using filtered water.

Very few coffee shops do this, so think about that the next time you pay for that Starbucks!

11. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Fair lady, your chariot awaits.

How 'bout grocery bags? Back when I was kid bagging groceries at Mal's supermarket, the switch from paper to plastic was in full swing. You were the devil if you opted for paper... think of the trees!!

But nowadays the switch is from plastic back to paper. If you opt for plastic you're the devil... that's not biodegradable!!

So which is it, moonbats? Make up you're minds, dopes.

Dr. Bill and Tvov like this.
  12. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

I think I'd rather drink warmed over pig piss than anything in a Starbucks. Gawd, that schidt is nasty.

Bud0505 likes this.
  13. Ftttu

Ftttu

I'm sure everyone knows about Evian being naive backwards. I remember thinking back when bottled water hit the scene that it was something I didn't care about. I just don't remember me thinking it was stupid, though. The pursuit of clean water is a care of mine like for most others, however, filtered tap water does it for me.

To add, I have had bottled water on many occasions over time, but I've always tried to stay away from the packages that have been left out in the direct sun due to the chemical leaching. I remember at one time they said it increased estrogen in men, causing moobs.

NMG26 likes this.
  14. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

58037.jpg

15. as400guy1

as400guy1

Someone in the office complained that he couldnt find the filter pitcher..
    I mentioned that as kids, we used to grink from garden hoses.

Dr. Bill, NMG26 and G26-Has-my-6 like this.
  16. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

on the other hand, growing up, my parents had friends who lived on a lake and had well water from a shallow well. I remember so clearly as a kid how the tap water smelled horrible. You could smell the tap water when you walked into the kitchen. The lake they lived on had farms around it that was on land about 100 ft above the lake. The runoff went to the lake.

as it turns out, the wife developed pancreatic cancer and died within 6 months of diagnosis. The husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 5 years later and died. The suspicion was the tap water they drank from.

This is one reason why I installed a water treatment system and RO system in my home. it gets tested every year when the RO filters are services. Near zero PPM from the RO. Yes, I lose the minerals, but I also lose the unknown hazards.

Atomic Punk and NMG26 like this.
  17. Tvov

Tvov

Which is why normal household well water is actually NOT rated as "potable" water.

On the other hand, you read stories about municipal water systems that get contaminated.

Oh well!

18. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

I get all my drinking water from Flint MI.

NMG26 likes this.
  19. RenoF250

RenoF250

I have an RO system I got from Amazon for ~$150. 3 filters, RO, then final filter. For RV I put it in rinsed apple juice jugs. At home drink from stainless insulated cups.

20. as400guy1

as400guy1

Chinky style

jimcorbin likes this.