Thought I would never do it, but I bought a Beretta.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by 86brick, May 31, 2020.

1. 86brick

86brick

Was in my local gun store yesterday just browsing and looking for ammo. They had a Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical 92G with the Wilson action tune. The one guy in the store knows I am a trigger snob and I have to say I was very impressed with the trigger in both DA and SA. Also, the slide to frame is nice and tight. My credit card took a beating, but my stimulus check will be in soon.

porschedog, CAcop, Chowser and 13 others like this.
  2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

That is one of the only ways I’d get a Beretta. The M9A3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD

86brick likes this.

3. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Welcome to the club!

86brick likes this.
  4. PatinAz

PatinAz

I picked this up last year. Pretty happy with it. I wasn't expecting this color grip panels when I ordered it. I ordered the olive drab ones to replace them. The milling in the slide at the muzzle end is off center by about .5-1mm. From what I've read in various forums about this gun, it seems common and doesn't affect anything other than looks. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

20191231_114011.jpg 20200531_120823.jpg

5. Seaweed02

Seaweed02 Boatswain's Mate

Yes that is a good pistol. I bought two of them from Wilson Combat. One with a trigger job, and the other one I did the trigger job myself. Beretta pistols are very easy to do a trigger job on for sure. You can't tell the difference. I got one with the Olive colored grips and the other one with the red grips like yours. I also have the Beretta equivalent of the Wilson Combat 92G Brig Tac, and that is the Beretta 92G SD. Same gun except the barrel length is not cropped off like with the Wilson Combat variant.

86brick likes this.
  6. PatinAz

PatinAz

My only other complaint with the WC Beretta is the crap rear sight. They put a tritium dot on the front, but a plain black on the back. For $1200, I'd expect a little better. I ended up throwing some white paint on my rear the first time I took it out shooting. The rear disappeared against my black painted steel targets.

NewWaveGuy, 86brick and cbetts1 like this.
  7. 86brick

86brick

Yeah I am not fond of the rear site either so I might do something similar. All and all I'm happy. It feels nice in my hand, I expect it to shoot very well!

PatinAz likes this.
  8. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

The Beretta Silver Pigeon series are pretty nice .....

[​IMG]

(But I can't even find the rear sight on these :) )

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  9. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Congrats on a great pistol. I have a langdon myself I got rid of the Wilson I had. Someone made me a good offer on it. I couldn't tell a difference in the triggers myself between the two. Both are great.

Gfive45 and 86brick like this.
  10. walke121

walke121

I don’t know why you previously went a big fan on Berettas but I have a 92fs “compact” Inox and other than my Nighthawk T3 or pretty much any of my 1911s it’s tied with my Sig P226 MK 25 for the best shooting pistol. I think you made an awesome buy. Also the 92 is such an iconic and beautiful gun. I’ve really been meaning get it shipped off to Wilson Combat for them to do some stuff to it.

When I actually send mine off I’m going for something like one of these. Probably the top one as I don’t like the rounded trigger guard and I think I would miss the Inox color if I had mine coated. Honestly for the price it’s a pretty good deal as a full package can be had for $600-800 or a complete gun for $1300ish.

I’d much rather have something like that than the M9A3 as I feel that gun is just a little bit over done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colrhino and PatinAz like this.
  11. 86brick

86brick

I was never a big fan of the slide mounted safety and I shot one many years ago that had a very heavy trigger pull. It did not impress, although I had always heard they were very reliable pistols. A buddy of mine sent his 96FS into Wilson for work and I was impressed at the result. Very smooth action and great trigger with the G conversion. I actually told him if he ever wanted to sell it to let me get first dibs. I love the looks of the compact Inox, beautiful pistol for sure. Kinda surprised Wilson or Langdon doesn't offer a Compact Inox. I know Wilson discontinued his Compact model in favor of the now Centurian.

12. walke121

walke121

Yes they are indeed beautiful. I carried mine for 2-3 weeks inbetween me selling my P365 and picking up a 43x. Definitely not a gun I want to try to conceal everyday. Definitely not a “compact” in my book. I saw that the compact isn’t listed in the site anymore but I think you can still send in your model and have them do the work on it. They just won’t supply the gun for the whole package anymore but I could be totally wrong about that. I’d have to check with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Seaweed02

I have always wanted to try one of these shotguns. I currently own two Browning Shotguns. A Citori 725 Field model with a 26 inch barrel, and a Citori CX model with a 30 inch barrel. I use the CX for trap and it is an awesome shooter. .

14. Seaweed02

But have you ever shot an M9A3? They are totally awesome. They feel like they have the Wilson Combat Trigger job right out of the box. At least mine does. Out of the 8 or 9 Beretta pistols that I own, it is the only one that I haven't done a trigger job on. No need at all. If you have't shot one then you should. If you have already shot one, then try a different one, maybe you got a bad one.

15. 86brick

86brick

I can't wait to get it to the range! Took it apart today to clean it. Super easy.

20200603_143942.jpg 20200603_143801.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  16. 45caldan

45caldan

Picked up a M9A1 last month for a good price.
    Have done a G conversion ob it and it makes all the difference to me (along with G10 thin grips).
    Always hated the slide mounted safety but as a de-cock only I can live with it.

86brick and slym2none like this.
  17. 86brick

86brick

Very cool! I think as a de-cock only the pistol really makes a great option for a carry or duty sidearm.

45caldan likes this.
  18. bac1023

bac1023

Looks nice

Congrats! :cool:

86brick likes this.
  19. porschedog

porschedog

I had a WC TB until I lost it in a tragic boating accident 8 miles offshore. It was a whim purchase and like OP also my first Beretta but I really liked it.

ShipWreck, 86brick and colrhino like this.
  20. 86brick

86brick

Thanks!