...thought I was gettin' a P230SL today...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by silversport, Feb 23, 2010.

1. silversport

silversport

I have a coworker who said he was thinking of selling some of his stuff...I seemed to remember he used to wear a SiG Sauer P230 in stainless on his ankle so I said, "You still have that P230?...Bring it in..."...then the waiting began...it was always something coming up and no P230...

Today I saw him with a red box...but he didn't drop it off by me...hmmm...later I asked if he brought something for me to look at and he told me "Yeah but I haven't had a chance to get to it yet."...more waiting...

...a bit later he calls me in and says "Here it is..."...but it's not a P230sl like I remembered...it is the lightweight, alloy frame with carbon steel slide...but it's been Electroless Nickled by Tommy at Klein Plating (the guys SiG used in the good old days...my buddy and I had several SiGs plated by them back then...)

I look it over and other than a mark near the muzzle on the left side it looks pretty nice...looks like it hasn't had too many rounds down the tube...the bore is clean and shiny...one mag has a bit of rust on the metal finger rest but the other looks like it's never been used...

...so what I got here is a JG marked (1986) Tysons Corner stamped, W German SiG Sauer P230 with the original receipt, target, orange cardboard box and target with two mags...cleaned up nice with some Flitz but unintentionally I made the usual brushed finish appear a bit shinier than it was...I am very pleased...plus the price was less than I imagined it would be...nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bill

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Pretty sweet!

A friend had one of those old(er) SIG .380s, and it was his baby. It shot well, and he shot it well, even at high speed. For all the crap our friends gave us about our smaller-caliber (not .45) handguns, none of us thought he was poorly armed with that .380.

3. silversport

silversport

thanks...I was pleasantly pleased to learn it was the lightweight instead of the stainless...not one of my "big guns" but very nice...thanks again,
    Bill

4. bsg1

bsg1

congratulations on you P230. i have a w german P230SL and am very fond of it.

5. silversport

silversport

what is your favorite round for it???...I have read they can be somewhat ammo sensitive...I haven't been able to shoot mine as yet...thanks,
    Bill