Glock Talk banner

Those of you with doubles

2879 Views 84 Replies 79 Participants Last post by  FYRELT
Which model of Glock did you think was so good that you had to go out and own at least 2 of the same exact pistol? After many years I have found the G27 to be nearly perfect for my personal needs because of it's versatility. It's the only model I have doubled down on, so to speak. Just curious which models you all fell in love with so much that you needed more than one of the same exact pistol? I have other Glocks but the 27 is the only one I have 2 of, and I'm thinking of adding a third because I feel like you can never have enough backups. Is this normal or am I being eccentric?
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

· Registered
5,859 Posts
Ever since I was present at a shooting range suicide decades ago, I have had at least 2 guns of a caliber, and 2 of identical (or clone-close) carry guns.

Reason is that the cops correctly, according to procedure, confiscated all guns at the scene. They held on to them for months, even though it was determined to be a suicide fairly quickly: again according to correct procedure. If the investigation had taken longer or led to something else, the gun would have been held for longer. As it was, after a few months I asked when I could get it back and they said I could have it 'early'. So I went down, signed a simple receipt and left with the gun.

I'm sure that now, especially in lefty parts of country, they would hold on to any gun they got for as long as they could and make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get it back.

· Registered
20 Posts
Which model of Glock did you think was so good that you had to go out and own at least 2 of the same exact pistol? After many years I have found the G27 to be nearly perfect for my personal needs because of it's versatility. It's the only model I have doubled down on, so to speak. Just curious which models you all fell in love with so much that you needed more than one of the same exact pistol? I have other Glocks but the 27 is the only one I have 2 of, and I'm thinking of adding a third because I feel like you can never have enough backups. Is this normal or am I being eccentric?
You can do as you like, the only firearm 1 have 2 of are my Judges. When I bought the 1st one a 3" cylinder wasn't an option. I bought my 1st Glock 17 in 1993 and have added several more calibers since.

· Registered
2 Posts
I don't think it's a bad idea. I used to have two matchinmg Tokerevs and tried many times when the ammo was cheap, to fire two guns at once at a target and it's not an easy thing to do, but it sure is fun trying.

I wouldn't mind having another Gen 3 G23 and I could either have the 357 Sig barrel in one of them and have a spare gun or a parts gun. And ther'sno such thing s having too many guns!
The 3 generation isn't recommended with the 357 barrel. The 3rd is a single pin not double pin like the gen 4

· Registered
27 Posts
I have doubles of Glocks, but in different calibers. A G19/G23 and my EDC pair, G26/G27. I do this because I've lived through way too many ammo shortages in the last two decades (2008/09, 2012/13, the pandemic, etc). I like to think this diversification increases my chances that I'll be able to get ammo a little longer into a(nother) crisis.

:)celot

· Registered
Glock Armorer, 24 year military armorer/instructor, CCW Instructor
41 Posts
2 Gen 3 G23's with a 3rd frame that I might just use for .357 Sig.

· Registered
Glock Armorer, 24 year military armorer/instructor, CCW Instructor
41 Posts
Would you consider a G30 on top of those? I also have a pair of G21's and am debating whether the G30 is different enough to warrant purchasing.
I just purchased a G30 and then decided to get a G29 while having both G21/G20. I was pleasantly surprised with how they both shoot, recoil, accuracy, etc.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
The 3 generation isn't recommended with the 357 barrel. The 3rd is a single pin not double pin like the gen 4
Serious question, what are you talking about?
If you are referring to the 2pin verse 3pin Glocks, gen3 Glocks have been 3pin for a very long time. If my memory is correct, very early gen3 Glocks were 2 pin Glocks.

· Registered
17 Posts
17s. Although Glocks are comparatively simple to fix, I've found it's a good idea to have a second copy of a high round count piece for when the other needs repair, and alternating them doesn't put either in a situation of being any less trustworthy.

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
Buying dups or trips is simply a desire for some. I've bought a number of hand guns in the past as pairs and had quads of 2 different Taurus models. All that's sold off or traded now and am only shooting Glocks, now. My pairs are G41, G35 with each having .357 Sig barrels, and 3 G34's, all of which are Gen 4's.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts