Glock Talk banner

Those of you with doubles

2880 Views 84 Replies 79 Participants Last post by  FYRELT
Which model of Glock did you think was so good that you had to go out and own at least 2 of the same exact pistol? After many years I have found the G27 to be nearly perfect for my personal needs because of it's versatility. It's the only model I have doubled down on, so to speak. Just curious which models you all fell in love with so much that you needed more than one of the same exact pistol? I have other Glocks but the 27 is the only one I have 2 of, and I'm thinking of adding a third because I feel like you can never have enough backups. Is this normal or am I being eccentric?
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Normal - according to this saying:

View attachment 1154433
Rectangle Font Technology Signage Number

Interesting...

One = None
Two = One
Three = Two???

Therefore, it seems you may actually need 3 of the same gun in order to truly have "doubles"...

Perhaps for guns of questionable reliability the math changes (i.e., one Taurus = none, 5 Taurus = 1)...:unsure:

· Registered
554 Posts
One is done, two is worry! My high intensity G20SF does not puke after thousands of max loads so why would you think multiples are required to shoot the less intense calibers? Glock is well known to be trouble free and who among us does not have some other back-up if it ever pukes and needs a $10 part? Too many great options out there to own to even think of owning two of anything. I get itchy if I even own two that do the same job. Back in 2018 after acquiring my Sig P320, I sold 4 pistols that competed with it and never looked back. Owning a 9mm conversion barrel for my G20 has me covered in case the Sig won't work to use that ammo supply. Stop worrying and get something new and different!

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,929 Posts
Which model of Glock did you think was so good that you had to go out and own at least 2 of the same exact pistol? After many years I have found the G27 to be nearly perfect for my personal needs because of it's versatility. It's the only model I have doubled down on, so to speak. Just curious which models you all fell in love with so much that you needed more than one of the same exact pistol? I have other Glocks but the 27 is the only one I have 2 of, and I'm thinking of adding a third because I feel like you can never have enough backups. Is this normal or am I being eccentric?
Several years ago I decided on the 19X as my HD pistol. 19+1 capacity, good balance, good (for me) pointability. As such I have several.

· Venor ergo sum
"94% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones" CPRC
6,531 Posts
Gen 5 G17, one with a a red dot, one with fiber optic sights. Both are for shooting matches.

· Registered
136 Posts
19X. And kimber mako R7.

· Dog Breath
2,146 Posts
My EDC is a Glock 23 Gen 3. I know a couple that defended themselves in a home invasion and killed one of the perps. The police confiscated both of their revolvers and it was years before they got them back. Because of this, I bought a Glock 23 Gen 4 and I rotate both 23s as my EDC. I also have a G26 and a G17 that I could carry if I didn't have a 23 available.

· Registered
63 Posts
The 19x is the best Glock I have owned

· Went there, did that, wrote about it.
234 Posts
I had two Gen 1 17s. This was in the mid 80s and the salesman behind the counter at the old Pro Arms in Salt Lake was showing everyone this weird plastic gun. I bought the first one for a song and bought the second because one was and still is not enough. Have two G43s currently.

· Registered
14 Posts
G26 gen3 & gen5

41 - 60 of 85 Posts