Glock Talk banner

Those of you with doubles

2895 Views 84 Replies 79 Participants Last post by  FYRELT
Which model of Glock did you think was so good that you had to go out and own at least 2 of the same exact pistol? After many years I have found the G27 to be nearly perfect for my personal needs because of it's versatility. It's the only model I have doubled down on, so to speak. Just curious which models you all fell in love with so much that you needed more than one of the same exact pistol? I have other Glocks but the 27 is the only one I have 2 of, and I'm thinking of adding a third because I feel like you can never have enough backups. Is this normal or am I being eccentric?
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Which model of Glock did you think was so good that you had to go out and own at least 2 of the same exact pistol? After many years I have found the G27 to be nearly perfect for my personal needs because of it's versatility. It's the only model I have doubled down on, so to speak. Just curious which models you all fell in love with so much that you needed more than one of the same exact pistol? I have other Glocks but the 27 is the only one I have 2 of, and I'm thinking of adding a third because I feel like you can never have enough backups. Is this normal or am I being eccentric?
Normal - according to this saying:

Rectangle Font Technology Signage Number

24,333 Posts
How else can you do this, unless you have 2 of them?

View attachment 1154426
I don't think it's a bad idea. I used to have two matchinmg Tokerevs and tried many times when the ammo was cheap, to fire two guns at once at a target and it's not an easy thing to do, but it sure is fun trying.

I wouldn't mind having another Gen 3 G23 and I could either have the 357 Sig barrel in one of them and have a spare gun or a parts gun. And ther'sno such thing s having too many guns!

· G43 Fanboy
3,476 Posts
Yeah, I think three is completely "normal" and four is still "borderline normal".:ROFLMAO: So, go for the 3rd one! :LOL:
As a major G43 fanboy, I have three G43s in the same configuration - one to carry, one to practice with weekly and one as a back up. Both my "carry gun" and the "back-up gun" have been "function tested" with my carry mags and carry ammo. When I finally retire my current practice gun in the near future, either my current "carry gun" or the "back-up gun"will become my next "practice gun".

Because I have acquired a brand new G43 strip frame on sale, I am currently building my fourth (Frankenstein) G43 just for fun.:ROFLMAO:

· Registered
3,239 Posts
Not only have I usually owned a spare duplicate of my EDC gun, but sometimes I've had a spare for the spare. Currently, I EDC a WCV Glock 19 and I have a spare one. My wife EDCs a Glock 26 and has a spare one.

I'm not really shooting a lot nowadays compared to the past, so no need for a third duplicate - at least at this point in time. (But who knows what the future might bring ;) )

· This is Barta!
611 Posts
I used to get spare parts kits, barrel, etc for my carry guns but then just decided to find duplicates on the cheap, just in case. Not that much more in $.

· Registered
45 Posts
I'm obsessive compulsive...
5 x G19
3 x G17
2 x G20
4 x 1911 .45

Then other Solo Glocks 26 and 21. (I want a G40) Solo Danny Wesson 1911 10mm- My Pride and Joy.

· troy ounce gold
1,708 Posts
Same model (G19), but with visual differences…
White Product Black Sleeve Wood

G19s: gen 2, gen 3, gen 3 RTF2G, gen 4 FS

· WHAT GLOCK?
137 Posts
I've got lots of doubles... My last two were 19Xs...

Wood Rectangle Font Metal Gun accessory

Usually, if I get doubles, or more... It's because of a deal that I couldn't turn down. I've never just wanted to own two of something.

Except maybe the two Ruger Vaqueros... And that itch didn't last long after buying a couple thousand rounds of 45 colt.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts