close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Those of you that own more than one of the same model

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Scott in Houston, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

Why? :supergrin:

Just curious. I read a lot of people saying, "I own 3 G26's," or "I have 2 G23's." What is the reasoning for this?

Again, just curious. I think it's cool, but wonder why. The only logical things I could come up with were:

A) Different generation models

B) Multiple people in the family wanting to shoot the same gun at the same time

C) You are so bitten by the Glock bug you just can't ever "get your fix"

2. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Some have paper trails, some were private sales.

3. Zane Zackerly

Zane Zackerly

Speaking just for myself, I've always lived with the philosophy that "blessed are the pessimists, for they have made back-ups." If your everyday weapon goes down, you've got a spare, or spares.

I've always had the eccentricity to have two of everything, that way you're never without. "If you have two, you have one; if you have one, you have none" is the operative phrase.

It's saved me a couple of times.

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

If you carry a G19, and it's the only Glock you have, and it somehow gets broken, wouldn't a NY reload of the same gun be prudent?

'Drew

5. vafish

vafish

My reason is "B".

6. oldtexan

oldtexan

+1.

Two G34, two G19, two S&W 642, two ARs, etc.

7. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I bought a 2nd 26 because I like the model so much that if something happens to my 1st 26 I won't be without one. Most of the redundancy is a niche type but I do have three full size 1911s.

8. G23c

G23c

D) all my Glocks are for SD.

I have multiples of G23 and G22 so that i am very familiar with the weapons, clearing, mag changes, etc.; some interchangeability with mags, holsters and accessories as well as purchasing ammo in larger quantities. i still need to get them all with the exact same sights. I've tried several and will be consolidating sights on them as well, except for the G27, my CCW.

9. B Coyote

B Coyote

I have two, well three, G22's. One is a G22P, so it doesn't really count. The other two are identical. One is my duty pistol, the second is for training and competition.

bc

10. dad1

dad1

I have two hands.:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

11. kda

kda NRA Life Member

I have 3 G 26s. One for the wife to carry. One I carry. The other is a spare or backup weapon if either of the other G 26s goes down ... and I also carry this 3rd G 26 to the range weekly for practice shooting.

By using the 3rd G 26 as my "range weapon", I can leave the other two loaded with SD ammunition and not have to worry about the "rechambering" issues I see discussed on GT.

I fully tested both of the G 26s that we "carry" for reliability with our SD ammo and now they just rest until needed. Or until company shows up that wants to shoot a G 26. I've sold more than a few G 26s by letting others shoot mine. Sold a lot of Talon Grips the same way.

12. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Believer

...And at least 4 pockets!:whistling:

13. muad

muad Lifetime Member

I have two G30s. I originally was going to get a G21, but came across a nice trade deal for another G30 with some nice accessories with it (13rd mags with grip extensions, OWB holster, etc.)

From what I've read, the G30 is just as accurate as the G21, so I figured it's the best of both worlds. I've got a full size feel, but still have the possibility to conceal easily.

Also, since my new to me 30 is a used gun (my other G30 I bought new, only 10rds down the tube), I feel more comfortable messing with things like polishing the barrel/slide, adding other accessories, etc.

It's also nice to know that if one fails (I don't foresee this happening), I have a backup that is essentially the same gun/parts.

14. B Coyote

B Coyote

This is a valid point. Recently a fellow officer had issues with his duty pistol. I was able to cannibalize one of my spares for the necessary part until we could get a new part ordered.

bc

15. WolfNotSheep

WolfNotSheep Tackleberry

Maybe one is for shooting and one is a safe queen.

For me, It seems to be spare cash burning holes in my pocket and I'd rather spend it on something useful like another pistol instead of just wasting it on paying off credit cards or bills.

16. Patchman

Patchman Florist

I've stated my reasons before, and it boils down to "two is one and one is none."

17. Chainlink

Chainlink

Why 2 of the same...because I can't afford 5.

18. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

I like to choose my guns for SHTF scenarios which is why I have glocks in only 9mm. My plan is to have stored at least 5,000 rounds of each calibers which I have done with 22lr and Im at 2,000 rounds with 9mm. Then when I get my AK this year I will have to start putting away 7.62, so I have enough calibers to keep up with right now that my budget allows me.

As far as models go, its good to have spare parts available in case it takes a while to order the specific part. I'm even considering trading my G26 for a G19 but not sure since my sister is getting her CCW and would like to pass it on to her. Plus I like the fact that only my carry piece gets wear and all my other G19s get to stay locked up in pristine condition.

19. xdmikey

xdmikey

two's better & three's wonderful!
    but i haven't found a third g19 or g21, yet!

20. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

I have 2 of my carry model configured exactly the same. Same iron night sights,same laser, spring weights,connectors etc. Once I had to send my carry weapon back to Glock for repair and had to wait 16 weeks for a replacement. Yes 16 weeks. Now if I have to send one back I will not have to compromise and go to a back up gun that is different than my EDC.