close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This would make your blood boil

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 9MX, Jul 27, 2006.

1. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Plan to limit ownership of guns criticized

By ARIS R. ILAGAN

Officials of the Association of Firearms and Ammunition Dealers (AFAD) yesterday criticized the reported plan of the Philippine National Police (PNP) to limit the ownership by civilians of firearms to just 10.

This reportedly is the start of the government’s plan to control gun ownership in the private sector.

In his speech at the opening of the Defense and Sporting Arms Show Part 2 at the SM Megamall Megatrade Hall in Mandaluyong City, AFAD president Ner Diosinio disclosed that former PNP chief Director General Arturo C. Lomibao recommended to Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Ronaldo Puno to enforce a policy that will limit ownership of civilians to a maximum of 10 firearms.

In the recommendation signed last June 30, or six days before Lomibao’s retirement, Lomibao reportedly recommended to the DILG that upon expiration, licenses issued by the PNP Firearms and Explosives Division (FED) will not be renewed and guns covered by these will be considered loose firearms.

If the license holder has more than 10 firearms under his name, he will only be allowed to own 10 and surrender his remaining firearms, Dionisio revealed.

Chief Supt. Arturo Cacdac, PNP-FED director who was among the special guest during the opening of the AFAD gun show, admitted that he already saw a copy of Lomibao’s recommendation.

"I don’t want to comment about the issue because it is still under review," Cacdac said.

Dionisio said that move would contradict the government’s effort to lure civilians with unlicensed firearms to register their firearms through an amnesty program. "Next time that there will be an amnesty period for firearms, no one will avail of their program because of this proposed policy."

According to the PNP, there are about 800,000 licensed firearms in the hands of civilians nationwide. However, there are at least 500,000 loose firearms, some of which are in the hands of criminals and rebel groups.

"The PNP will be put in a bad light. After asking civilians to avail of the amnesty program, the government will come up with a policy requiring them to surrender their other firearms," Dionisio stressed.

"We reiterated our request, on behalf of the industry, on behalf of the 800,000 licenses of firearms to please reconsider this policy," he added.

Meanwhile, three "power ladies" — world class practical shooting champion Mary Grace Tan, Marilou Rones Tawang (Metropolitan Trial Court-Pateros presiding judge), and Julie Rose Defensor (wife of Presidential Chief of Staff Secretary Michael Defensor) — led the opening of the Defense and Sporting Arms Show Part 2 attended by many gun enthusiasts.

Tawang said she has been into the sport of practical shooting for almost two years now and she is a licensed gun owner since 2001.

Tawang said that women, in these modern times, should be allowed to carry firearms — either for sporting purposes or selfdefense — since many of them have assumed roles in the society that are critical and may require serious concern for personal safety.

Using Taurus .357 revolvers loaded with wax bullets, Tan, Defensor, and Tawang showed their shooting prowess by hitting targets with accuracy in the IPSC Shooting Simulation firing range opened for civilians for the fiveday gun show.

This year’s gun show theme is "Women Who Empower and Defend Themselves."

:frown:

2. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

My simple comment for "CITIZEN LOMIBAO" is you're crazy!!!! Magsama dapat kayo ni Querol pareho kayong mga hindi gumagamit ng utak...you leave a bad taste in the mouths of Legitimate Gun owners!!!

3. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

A galing talaga ni Lomibao at may pahabol pa. :frown: :steamed:

4. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Mark my word, if they get this crazy measure passed, it won't be long until we are back to the days of one long and one short firearm per citizen. Afterward, we'll be well on our way to seeing a total gun ban ala-Great Britain :upeyes:

5. mikol

mikol

if you have more than 10 firearms....., just transfer the ownership to your wife...at tapus ang problema.:supergrin: ;) ;)

yun nga lang madami paper works na naman ang lalakarin at lagot ka sa wifey, parehas na kayong maraming boga. :uglylol:

6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

raw info that i've got is that its already enforced sa mga fa dealers:frown:

7. ahtsay

ahtsay

WHAT THE ******!!!!!!!!:soap: Are they out of their minds???

8. jasonub

jasonub

9. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

And don't forget the major insult: mga politicians at mga anak nila exempted dyan sa ruling na yan; like the upstanding citizen and gun-savvy ex-spurt Ryan Jaworski.

10. mtho

mtho

what i heard late last year is that if you have more than 10 you get to maintain that number, so kung me 15 ka na at me gusto ka bilhin benta mo muna yung isa para palitan ng bago, but i dont know if this is true

11. asian_glockster

asian_glockster Hook Up!!!!!!!!

12. chocoboy

chocoboy

Mga Bogs,

Just curious... How many of you guys have 10 or more licensed firearms? Ang mahal magpa-renew ng license nun ah :shocked:

13. deenoh

deenoh

Nice picture. Thanks for posting it.

14. arnoldb74

arnoldb74

This was discussed during our gun club meeting(limiting gun ownership to 10 firearms). It was also discussed that FED is also considering a ballistic test for every firearm during license renewal! Whew!! :shocked:

arnoldb74

15. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

ayan...dagdag gastos nanaman for us legit owners...

Deenoh,

saw u at crame this afternoon...:)

16. ahtsay

ahtsay

and what are youuuu doin in crameeeee??? hmmmm??? May secreto ata si Infinity ah! :supergrin: Ano yan? Bagong piece na tinatago mo sa amin???;)

17. deenoh

deenoh

Sayang, sana tinapik mo ako :) Was there almost the whole day. Did you see the 5,000 pcs of Taurus PT92 for the PNP arrive? Ang daming baril!

18. toxic

toxic

mababago pa rin decision ng mga yan..PINOY tayo marami pa ring di susunod dyan.

19. isuzu

isuzu

Baka tatakbo ng pulitika at nagpapa impress?

20. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

nope d ko nakita eh..may kinuha lang ako mga papers u were inside eh kahiya naman mang istorbo :supergrin: maybe next time ulit ;)