close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This week in College Football...2012/2013

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jdavionic, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Altaris

Altaris

2. RichJ

RichJ

5 SEC teams in the top 10. Plus the National Championship... again!

See you next year. :wavey:

3. rahrah12

rahrah12

They have NFL bodies in the front 7 but lack depth...we all knew the secondary was no way up to par...

That said they still have a lot of work but they currently have the #1 class with legit defensive talent coming in, especially in the secondary, which ND has typically lost out on. Kelly has been able to bring in the type of bodies/players that ND needs...it's a process.

Nobody is saying ND is beating the best team from the SEC next year...but nobody else in the country is either.

A one loss ND would not have made it...an undefeated ND would not have made it if Oregon & KSU did their part...BUT that's not NDs fault or problem. ND made the schedule and beat everyone on it. Got beat by a much better team in the ship. In the long run nothing to be ashamed of...sucks right now.

ND will be better next year than they were this year and that's a positive. ND and the rest of the country knows where they need to be to compete.

4. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

I'm Happy Happy Happy!! :thumbsup:

Roll Tide Roll!!!

Go SEC!!!

:wavey:

red

5. RichJ

RichJ

You're right, it is a process and ND has a good class coming in. They will improve and might be good enough to be contenders in the near future, but they weren't this year.

6. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

Oregon #2 ??? Are they kidding? I can understand that Al kinda deserves at least a share of the title with the only undefeated team in the country, but Oregon at #2?

I really liked the part where Saban said he was glad it was ND and not tOSU, because things would have gone a lot different.

I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

7. IceAxe

IceAxe

8. RichJ

RichJ

Ohio State ran the table in a down year in the Big 10. Nebraska and Wisconsin were decent, Michigan dissapointed as did Michigan State. Northwestern had a good year but they were by no means great.

There just weren't any top teams in the Big10 this year. If Ohio St. had been in the NCG the score would have been closer, but the result would be the same.

9. RichJ

RichJ

This can't be a real cover...is it? That is just cruel, but pretty much sums it up.

10. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

:wow:

Agree....If that is real...it may be accurate....not sure it is in good taste....although, when has the media done things in good taste. :tongueout:

:wavey:

red

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  11. rahrah12

rahrah12

That's all we can ask for at the moment...top 10 team with a chance at the ship.

This same Bama team rolled up 300+ yards rushing against Georgia in the SEC championship.

The rest of college football is trying to catch up to the SEC, Bama...ND is one of those teams.

12. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Talk about adding insult to injury :whistling:

:50cal:

13. RichJ

RichJ

^^^ They could have run any number of pics from that game including Saban lifting the trophy.

SI shows extreme lack of class or sportsmanship with that cover. Not amused.

14. Hurricanes

Hurricanes

I don't see anything wrong with that cover. Atleast they didn't put one of Manti laying on the ground after one of his missed tackles.

15. bamacisa

bamacisa

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. bamacisa

bamacisa

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Patron Life Member

Ordered me and my stepbrother National Champions t-shirts last night. Add them to my collection in my closet.

I won't take anything away from Notre Dame they had a great season. They weren't ready for the big stage. I studied the game leading up and couldn't make myself believe it was gonna be close. I knew if we could run the football it would be over.

I'm humble about this. It is surreal to think about how dominant we've been. 2007 seems like a long time ago. The one thing that sucks is that the season is over. I guess we look forward to National Signing Day next month and spring practice. Pretty obvious Bama will be preseason #1. My guess will be

1. Alabama
    2. Ohio State
    3. Georgia
    4. Texas A&M
    5. Florida State

ROLL TIDE!

18. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/02/04/saban-oversigning/index.htm

It is true that it's difficult to compete against a conference with abysmal academic requirements (Barrett Jones is much the exception) which over signs and gray-shirts athletes who could not have a chance to graduate.

The fact that SEC teams refuse (Alabama is a modest exception) to schedule any difficult non-conference games is interesting.

ND does not over sign, they don't gray-shirt and they don't even red shirt in the sense that all other NCAA Div 1 schools carry out that practice- a FB player at ND must have attained his undergraduate degree and apply for an extra year while taking graduate studies even if he did not compete as a Frosh.

This isn't sour grapes but merely an acknowledgement of the way things are in NCAA football today. I'm not sure if this will remain the case five years from now. But regardless, I am proud of what ND was able to accomplish this year and am looking forward to their football future which is again ascending. They played poorly against Alabama, the coaches had a poor game plan, and ever if those were not the cases Alabama would have won easily. Next year, and the year after things may be different if ND continues to improve. All of life is a cycle of ups and downs and ND football is trending upward.

19. Freighttrain

Freighttrain Glock Fanboy!

:laughabove:
    That's cause their ain't none! No one can hang with the SEC!
    :wedgie:

20. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!

I wonder how many SEC teams will be celebrating "vicarious national championships" today?