close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This week in College Football...2012/2013

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jdavionic, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

[​IMG]

I think WVU erased any doubt tonight as to whether they can hang in the Big 12. This year, anyway.

2. RedTop

RedTop

South Carolina for sure... They took UGA to the woodshed.

3. SpoiledBySig

SpoiledBySig Millennium Member

Guess what? FSU is about to lose.

NC State didn't beat FSU... Head Coach Jimbo Fisher beat FSU.

I never saw a Head Coach make such lousy decisions and such poor use of timeouts.

4. RedTop

RedTop

Well... My only hope now is for the Gators to win out their season until 11/24, only to have FSU ruin it for them. :rofl:

5. Indianashooter

Indianashooter

Just finished watching the Notre Dame game! 5-0 baby! Looks like their be moving up in the polls once again!

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Agreed. They may not even be a top 10 team. They may well lose to SC, Bama and Miss State.

Some real issues. Offense is non-existent. O-line looks terrible.

7. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Barring the unforeseen, bizarre things that can happen in college football, the national championship will be played in Atlanta between Bama and South Carolina. Glad to see the ole ball coach back on top.

If that game were played today I think SC has the edge.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  8. Fwdftw

Fwdftw

Hot damn woo pig sooie ! Maybe ill have a good time in fayetville next weekend

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

6 of 12 teams are in the top 25. "Our" defense is outstanding and our offense is clicking well. I don't suspect a loss, USC may give us fits playing in their house though. We'll see. We definitely wouldn't get to the BCS championship as a one loss team.

10. boomhower

boomhower

I didn't think Florida State was going to make it. I would like to see SC run the table but I am curious to see how far WV is going to go, they look really good today. If it's not an all SEC title game I think WV is going to be there. Oregon will self implode at some point. Ohio State is also playing a lot better than I thought they would this year.

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

They're in the bottom of the top 25 and lets face it, they've beaten nobody's who probably won't be there at season's end. And USC is a good football team.

Oregon's defense is 34th in points against vs a pudding schedule. They've given up 99pts in the first 5 games. That isn't outstanding defense by any measure.

SC just destroyed #5, will destroy LSU next week and will likely beat a top 10 Florida with authority. And they're 7th in points against.

If SC runs the table in the East and Bama runs the table in the west with a tight game in the SEC championship, they make a strong argument to leapfrog Oregon and have another SEC rematch in the BCS game.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  12. domin8ss

domin8ss

I think Saban could learn a few things from those fans. He better not stop by in Utah. His fate is worse than anything LSU would do to him. Yeah, Utah won, but that didn't change what he said.

In case nobody can tell, I'm a Utah Utes fan. I've been one since before Urban Meyer became a household name, which started at Utah. I'm there for the wins and the losses. Speaking of losses, this season might be one of those rare times we don't go to a bowl game. First QB is out for the rest of his life. Second QB sucks. 3rd QB has talent and size, but he's a freshman. 3rd OC in as many years. 3rd offensive scheme in as many years. As long as we show improvement next year I'll be happy.

As for Thursday night's loss to USC, the Utes deserve to lose that game. Too many damn mistakes and penalties. You'll never win playing undisciplined football. That game was USCs to lose too. They also had way to many penalties.

13. domin8ss

domin8ss

...thus providing another quality example of why a playoff system is needed. Too much speculation and what ifs.

14. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Its coming shortly.

How likely do you think a team ranked 34th in points against will fare in a playoff system against Bama (1st in points against) or SC (7th in points against)?

Oregon gave up 34 against Arkansas State and 26 against Washington State. How many do you think they'll give up against Alabama?

For all its faults, the BCS tends to get it exactly right at the end.

15. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Out scored opponents 262-99, and it's about to be an even bigger point gap. SC is 34th in points for. What's your point? If we win out, we'll go to the Natty. The leapfrog scenario is a pretty big reach. But I've been surprised by the BCS before. Yes, we do need a playoff system.

16. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Someone who watches the games would understand why. Our 3rd and 4th string is in by halftime.

17. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Yeah, Bama and SC never sub in the garbage time.

18. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

I see South Carolina losing 1, maybe 2. Florida losing 1 also and a toss up with FSU.

19. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Sure!

Not here to convert anybody. A lot of ball to be played, if we get there, we get there. Like you said, in the end the BCS usually gets it right.

20. SpoiledBySig

SpoiledBySig Millennium Member

No matter how you look at it, South Carolina has a good (great) coach. As does Oregon and Alabama. It's honestly looking like Notre Dame picked the right man (Kelly) for the job...West Virginia has a good coach, but great talent with Geno Smith as QB.

South Carolina plays good teams great and bad teams badly. But with Spurrier as the head coach...they are always dangerous...very dangerous against a good team. As much as I detest Steve Spurrier, I have to admit he's a great coach.

When it comes to college football, it's not always the most talented team of players who win (talent helps, but a great coach makes a big difference).

The problem with a great coach and coaching staff...if they keep on winning, other teams give offers to the assistant coaches, making them head coaches and the great team soon becomes depleted.

FSU, under Bobby Bowden was a powerhouse team, up until Georgia lured their offensive coordinator, Mark Richt. Then FSU steadily began to really fall apart...it was an end of an era combined with Bobby Bowden making his son, Jeff Bowden, (the "Fredo" of the Bowden brothers) FSU's Offensive Coordinator...it was a true disaster. Bowden was ahead of Joe Paterno in wins until he made that blunder of a move.

Mark Richt was a great offensive coordinator. Jimbo Fisher was a very good offensive coordinator...They both just don't do quite as well being Head Coaches. Just an opinion.