GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
Right, and that does happen to otherwise healthy people on occasion, it's happened locally in fact.

Other types of minor issues can be caused, then greatly exacerbated by COVID and be listed as comorbidities. In addition, even if a secondary issue like a moderate or even minor diabetes can merge with the 'rona and cause death and be listed, but otherwise would not have been detemental folr healthy and long life.

But still, it does reinforce that a generally healthy adult faces little, statistical, risk from this disease and clarifies that nationwide, populace wide, lockdowns were terribly useless and damaging, when simply protecting those who were already sick would have been a better plan.

Yup....same thing with the way Influenza is categorized. Both viruses attack the body and cause other failures. I lost a friend last fall from the flu and what did him in was the sepsis and organ failure, which was caused by the flu.

If you look at the flu mortality only a fraction are attributed to flu only, the vast majority list the fatal condition it caused. Same difference.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Remember how it was in January? Most likely never see that time. For a long time. With other viruses yet to come, most Americans will readily again accept the mask edict.

I’m not discounting the lethality of the Covid, but if my state’s masking requirement was dropped. Mine would also. I’m 67. In reasonably good shape. And I’m ready to be the un-masked man

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,612 Posts
Remember how it was in January? Most likely never see that time. For a long time. With other viruses yet to come, most Americans will readily again accept the mask edict.

I’m not discounting the lethality of the Covid, but if my state’s masking requirement was dropped. Mine would also. I’m 67. In reasonably good shape. And I’m ready to be the un-masked man
I only wear my mask (a blue hospital one like I used to wear at before I retired in 2013) when I have to my groceries, no maskee, no foodee. I ride my mt. bike and I zig and zag and swerve a lot to avoid the mass attacks of CV19.JK, but I don't wear a mask when riding to the store. Later.

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
I only wear my mask (a blue hospital one like I used to wear at before I retired in 2013) when I have to my groceries, no maskee, no foodee. I ride my mt. bike and I zig and zag and swerve a lot to avoid the mass attacks of CV19.JK, but I don't wear a mask when riding to the store. Later.
You joke...

but I saw a gang of Juvenile Delinquent Covids hanging outside the mall the other day. Smoking cigarettes, telling stories, making threats, slapping girls on their asses, and disrupting the flow of business. Luckily, everyone had a mask on, so the Covids were held at bay.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
.0018% mortality rate.
If 6 million infected.
If 11,000 dead by CV.
USA numbers rounded up.
:)
You are not correct in your assumptions. The CDC data means that 6% of the people who died from COVID had no comorbidities. 94% of the people who died from COVID did have comorbidities. Simple high blood pressure is considered a comorbidity.

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
I lost a friend last fall from the flu and what did him in was the sepsis and organ failure, which was caused by the flu.

If you look at the flu mortality only a fraction are attributed to flu only, the vast majority list the fatal condition it caused. Same difference.
No it isn't. Fear is being incited by the media and the deaths are ruled as COVID. You yourself say they list the fatal condition caused when it is in regards to the flu so I don't see it as the same.

·
Frisky!
35,493 Posts
You are not correct in your assumptions. The CDC data means that 6% of the people who died from COVID had no comorbidities. 94% of the people who died from COVID did have comorbidities. Simple high blood pressure is considered a comorbidity.
Tough on you.
The gun shot deaths with infected CV were counted as CV death for the refund money.
Some of you guys a real lemmings!
:)

·
NRA Life Member
63,420 Posts
I often check out an online list of birthdays and trivia of famous musicians. A while back it was Kenny Rogers' birthday and the list mentioned that he died this year of COVID 19.

Wanting some more details I looked it up and discovered that he died of COVID 19 . . . while on hospice care for terminal cancer after having liquidated his property and prepared for imminent death from cancer. :upeyes:

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,635 Posts
I take issue with your interpretation. If a person was old or had medical problems, and would still be alive today had the wuflu fairy not visited them, then I agree that it was the wuflu that pushed them over the edge.

Elderly, cancer patients, those with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other "co-morbidites" might have a long life expectancy. If they were hit by a car and died, wouldn't traffic accident be the cause of death?

Struck by lighting, wouldn't lightning be the cause of death?
Shot by a jealous husband, wouldn't gsw be the cause of death?
Jumped off a tall building, wouldn't suicide by sudden collision with the planet be the cause of death?

If y'all want to only count the covig deaths of people without so much as an ingrown toenail as true covig deaths, that's fine with me. But you are kidding yourselves.

Have a nice day, buy lots of ammo and remember the 4 rules of gun safety.

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
I take issue with your interpretation. If a person was old or had medical problems, and would still be alive today had the wuflu fairy not visited them, then I agree that it was the wuflu that pushed them over the edge.

Elderly, cancer patients, those with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other "co-morbidites" might have a long life expectancy. If they were hit by a car and died, wouldn't traffic accident be the cause of death?

Struck by lighting, wouldn't lightning be the cause of death?
Shot by a jealous husband, wouldn't gsw be the cause of death?
Jumped off a tall building, wouldn't suicide by sudden collision with the planet be the cause of death?

If y'all want to only count the covig deaths of people without so much as an ingrown toenail as true covig deaths, that's fine with me. But you are kidding yourselves.

Have a nice day, buy lots of ammo and remember the 4 rules of gun safety.
The problem is that you don't even know if the positive test status is accurate.

If the test will pick up and amplify a portion of a genetic sequence that resembles Covid, but isn't certain, it is a positive. So inconclusive equals positive. I suspect, based on all the shenanigans we have seen, that half, maybe more, of those deaths counted as Covid, are not Covid deaths.

No one knows who or what to trust where the case numbers and deaths are concerned.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Dr Birx has said the numbers are deaths with CoVid and those presumed to have CoViD, not all patients were actually tested.
If you look at the CDC data on “excess deaths”, you we see it is not predominantly “respiratory” causes as you would expect for it to be from CoVid-19. It is indicative of people not going to the ER with their heart attack and stroke symptoms and dying at home, and those dying from Alzheimer’s because they have given up hope because people aren’t visiting them.

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
I read threads like this one and others to get a variety of information, somewhere in there is what is really happening.

But...

I may have said this before;

This thread illustrates an issue with the china virus.

Using the same sets of numbers and graphs, people come to seemingly opposite conclusions.

"Follow the science!".... Great! WHICH science? What numbers are they using this week? The "science" from months ago is different than today's "science".

If you question today's "science", you are yelled at. When the science changes tomorrow, you are yelled at if you bring up what was "science" the day before.

I was taught in school (decades ago) to QUESTION science!!! When presented with good information, "follow the science"... BUT, be ready for it to change.

The problem I have with today's discussions is that you have march in lock-step with what is considered science, but DO NOT question it when it changes next week.

Blah. Just venting a bit on a rainy morning.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,635 Posts
The problem is that you don't even know if the positive test status is accurate.

If the test will pick up and amplify a portion of a genetic sequence that resembles Covid, but isn't certain, it is a positive. So inconclusive equals positive. I suspect, based on all the shenanigans we have seen, that half, maybe more, of those deaths counted as Covid, are not Covid deaths.

No one knows who or what to trust where the case numbers and deaths are concerned.
You are correct on all points, thanks. It just seems this discounting all without co-morbidites wont get you accurate number either. Let get some coffee and I'll STFU.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I read threads like this one and others to get a variety of information, somewhere in there is what is really happening.

But...

I may have said this before;

This thread illustrates an issue with the china virus.

Using the same sets of numbers and graphs, people come to seemingly opposite conclusions.

"Follow the science!".... Great! WHICH science? What numbers are they using this week? The "science" from months ago is different than today's "science".

If you question today's "science", you are yelled at. When the science changes tomorrow, you are yelled at if you bring up what was "science" the day before.

I was taught in school (decades ago) to QUESTION science!!! When presented with good information, "follow the science"... BUT, be ready for it to change.

The problem I have with today's discussions is that you have march in lock-step with what is considered science, but DO NOT question it when it changes next week.

Blah. Just venting a bit on a rainy morning.
What you are witnessing is because this is not about science at all -- it is about politics.

Just like Global Warming.

·
Registered
20,657 Posts
Wouldn’t it save a lot of money if they just put a bullet in the head of everyone over 65, or obese, or suffering from heart disease, etc. who tests positive for COVID 19 rather than try to treat them? Maybe extend that to people who test positive for seasonal flu as well? After all, sooner or later they would have died anyway, right?

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Wouldn’t it save a lot of money if they just put a bullet in the head of everyone over 65, or obese, or suffering from heart disease, etc. who tests positive for COVID 19 rather than try to treat them? Maybe extend that to people who test positive for seasonal flu as well? After all, sooner or later they would have died anyway, right?
Well, that is probably a true statement, but not the answer. And it would probably have a positive impact on the liquidity of the social security system, and inject funds into the economy by passing on wealth to the younger, which have a greater propensity to spend it on goods and services. Plus it is quite messy, as compared to pain medication that suppresses breathing.

Everyone does die. A big problem with your suggestion is the high number of false positives.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,020 Posts
I posted this on Nextdoor after someone stated they would tell an anti masker off (county just extended mask order to end of November).
Their response, it came from a right political
Website so they don't consider it.

You can't teach lemmings anything.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
The sheep are out in full force on NextDoor in my area, despite lining to non "rightwing" sources, they just ignore the inconsistencies and apply zero critical thinking.

Reactions: Sharkey

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Only 9k COVID-only deaths in the USA?

Dr. Seheult, in the video below asks, how is that number so high?

How does COVID alone kill anyone? Just having a virus in you doesn't kill you. (Some estimate 380 Trillion viruses live in humans). A virus kills you when it causes other things to go wrong. COVID causes other conditions. Those other COVID-caused conditions actually kill someone. (ARDS, etc.)

Therefore 9k Covid-only deaths doesn't make much sense according to Dr. Seheult. He says those death certificates were filled out incorrectly.

See the first half of this video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TECf3xSFbU&ab_channel=MedCram-MedicalLecturesExplainedCLEARLY

Please Note:
* I'm not denying questionable numbers.
* I'm not denying some degree of erroneous reporting for financial advantage.
* I'm not denying some are misconstruing the truth for political gain.
* I'm not denying the the reality of false positives and false negatives.
* I do, however, live with the (false?) hope that people can choose to be reasonable and evenhanded with how they discuss the issue of CoViD-19 instead of taking reactionary positions.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts