This vaping thing...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JW1178, Aug 2, 2020.

1. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

2. treg

treg

GF quit smoking this past Feb 1st after many attempts over the years.

I told her if it takes 5 weeks, 5 months or 5 years to get off the vapes, it's better than smoking. No need to try too hard and risk a relapse.

She is far healthier now than when she was smoking.

bruscifer and G30SF/F-250 like this.

3. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

If you walked up to an air breather with a needle full of those same chemicals (nitrogen, oxygen) and wanted to inject them into their arm, they would scream 'NO WAY, THAT'S CRAZY, YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?'...but they will inhale them. Go figure.

4. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    If you quietly walked up behind them with either you can inject them before they know it.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

Upgrayedd likes this.
  5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Not even close, how laughable.
    You can't even grasp that I'm talking about introducing those chemicals into the body, just like a Liberal you take one thing and put a spin on it to fit your agenda.

FAIL.

6. syntaxerrorsix

Standard technique.

[​IMG]

Glockalong, TBO and Upgrayedd like this.
  7. Bradley T

Bradley T

Vape juice or cigarette tobacco are both so danked with nasty chemicals, it's like preferring a truck instead of a train run you over!

8. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

I can give you a preview of lung cancer and then decide if it's worth the chance by smoking and vaping..

most people dont know they have it....It starts off as severe shortness of breath, lung collapse due to lung walls being thin and giving way creating a hole.. may or may not be able to fix but generally this is nearing stage 4 at this point... eventually you will be put on fentanyl patches to keep you calm because of labored breathing, i heard it described as a sensation of drowning because your lungs arent at full capacity. Besides all of the other handful of pills and breathing treatments you will be taking on a daily basis as the cancer progresses fentanyl wont be enough and you will start getting morphine drips under the tongue on top of everything else...eventually your O2 levels tank and then you can close the book on fighting it.

oh, and your bankrupt due to all of the home healthcare and hospital visits you will incur

slick slidestop and IamtheNRA like this.
  9. oldmick

oldmick

I understand how tough it is to quit. I tried numerous times only to start again. I finally did it, cold turkey and have lasted about 20 years so far.

All I can say is I feel so much better, lost that nagging dry cough and saved a metic butt-load of money. For everyone trying now, be persistent, you can do it.

A friend recently had lung surgery to remove a cancerous lobe of his lung. I recently saw him sneaking a smoke.

That’s how powerful nicotine addition can become. But you can prevail. Keep trying!

slick slidestop likes this.
  10. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

I was just trying to make a point that a majority of people would not take kind to someone injecting chemicals into their veins. I see I have offended you, though, with my remark. I am truly sorry for causing your distress.

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Believe me, you're no distress at all.

Full Semi-auto likes this.
  12. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Both of my parents were lifelong smokers and both died from lung cancer. No smoking, vaping, or dipping for me.

callihan_44 likes this.
  13. amd65

amd65

Grand dad started chewing Beech Nut chewing tobacco at age 12, continued to his death at 98. Dad started smoking Pipes or cigs before WWII, and continued smoking till he died at 85.

bruscifer likes this.
  14. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Guy who was QB of the HS football team, good looking, athletic, BMOC...started dipping when he was 17. Got oral cancer at 20. Had his lower jaw removed at 22. Was dead at 23.

So, YMMV.

15. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

Well me for starters (she is my ex).

16. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

my dad was not a hardcore smoker, occasional and never hospitalized for anything until the cancer diagnosis... tough dude given 6 months to live but made it 1.5 years, nothing but skin and bones at the end

17. bruscifer

bruscifer

Do you know how many H&Ps I have read for someone with COPD, or CANCER or whatever that "never smoked a day in their lives"?

In fact the MAJORITY of the ones I see nowadays that is exactly what they say.
    IF YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH YOU WILL GET COPD. True it may not be as bad but you will get it. It is basically just scarred lung tissue. IOW old or damaged. I am sure VAPING DOES do some damage, but then so does campfires and gunpowder. YOU CAN'T LIVE AND NOT GET SOME DAMAGE TO YOUR LUNGS.

Non-smoker. 20 years old. Nobody around you smokes. You don't camp, don't work at a chemical factory or a pool hall. You are killed by a drunk driver. Autopsy says clean lungs.....duh.

I am not going to defend Vaping,( lol sounds like I did) but If you don't smoke and start Vaping you are a fool.
    If you smoke and don't try to quit with Vaping you are a fool too.
    Go ahead and do the next step and quit altogether. Great!

I just don't get the hate people have for Vaping. I don't think there is any question that is safer than Cigarettes. I DIDN'T SAY SAFE, but safer. Several studies in Europe have confirmed this. Notice I DID NOT SAY the US. We are far too invested in big Tobacco to get an honest study.

VAPE DOES NOT STINK. Well, it depends on the juice. Some are a little pungent. I admit, but most of those or cheap Gas Station Vape juices. I make my own.
    Most people, smokers, and non-smokers remark how good it smells. Try THAT WITH A CIGARETTE. In fact, I'll stand you next to me, and then stand you next to a CIGARETTE smoker. See what you think.
    My wife and I quit playing pool because the joints we went to allowed smokers. We would come home and our clothes STUNK.
    We FEEL like non-smokers. We consider ourselves as non-smokers.

We have seen Vaping almost from the very beginning. My wife and I have seen AMAZING advances, and products since we quit smoking some 12-15 years ago.
    If you oppose Vaping in the legislature you will cause the premature deaths of thousands if not millions of people.

Remember I said this, Vaping will save THOUSANDS of lives. World wide.

Now, THERE IS NO QUESTION that the best solution is NONE OF IT.

That solution will not work for everyone. Please allow Vaping for the ones it will help..

Quit criticizing things you know nothing about.

Even if you don't smoke, or Vape you should be supportive of Pro vaping laws for all the reasons I mentioned.

Post note:
    I don't mean this to be an attack or the OP or the person I quoted. I apologize for any offense which was not intended. I have been supportive of the legalization of pro-vaping laws for a long time. It just pains me that a group such as ours. Embattled from side to side by STUPID Gun laws, but be so ignorant of this simple answer to smoking cigarettes. Those jumping on this are no better than the damn progressives and liberals trying to take away or 2nd amendment rights. It's a fact.

LandRover, amd65 and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  18. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
  19. syntaxerrorsix

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

G30SF/F-250 likes this.
  20. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Then if she dies she dies