close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This thread was closed because........?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by 9mmMike, Apr 14, 2003.

1. 9mmMike

9mmMike The Fun-Police Millennium Member

pmailed the moderator. No response. I know the mod hangs out here so here's the question, again.
    Why was this thread closed?
    http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148988
    It is a legitimate question with a few replies that are not really worthy of a no-explanation lock-down.
    Inquiring minds want to know, well at least I want to know.
    Mike

2. jtetterton

jtetterton I'm the shizzit

That does seem a bit odd... anyone have an explanation? Or you just gonna leave this man hanging?

3. laynlow

laynlow

Well, if I were to guess I would say it's because more than one person are discussing committing a crime. ;Q

4. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

Mike, I'm guessing it was because there were insinuations of illegal carry. While we may say one thing to each other in private concerning situations like that, I think we all need to remember that we could be opening Eric up to some liability by disussing such things in public on his site. I know that was not your intention when you started the thread, but go back and read the responses again. I'm sure Mark did what he thought was best, and while none of us are above being questioned, opening a another thread to discuss why one was closed is something that Eric has asked folks not to do. While folks don't always agree with our decisions, please respect that we are all doing the best job that we can.

5. MarksGlock22

MarksGlock22 The Punisher

Because there were insinuations of illegal carry.

Mike, it wasn't your question, it was some of the responses. and as fas as a no-explanation lock, Eric said we don't have any responsablity to give one. But since your a member in good standing, I just wanted to let you why I locked it.

6. 9mmMike

9mmMike The Fun-Police Millennium Member

Thanks. I appreciate the explanation. I understand the bad form I showed by "opening another thread to discuss why one was closed", that's why I tried the PM first. I really did want to know.
    I've been having some bad luck with threads getting locked lately and it is not due directly to the thread topic but apparently some of the commentary that they attract. Like I said, I've seen far worse but,,,,it is Eric's house so I'll shutup now.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

7. SGT109FA

SGT109FA Eat this Osama