Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20090304/NEWS/90304007

3 Hernando (MS) officers demoted

HERNANDO — Three Hernando police officers who played golf while on duty during the Presidents Day holiday have been demoted.

Mayor Chip Johnson said the officers also were suspended and placed on a year’s probation. He says they also will be docked in pay for the 4-1/2 hours they were on the golf course.

The officers had traveled to Sardis to oversee the maintenance of police vehicles and decided in advance to play a round of golf at the Mallard Pointe golf course at John Kyle State Park.

Johnson says assistant police chief Shane Ellis was demoted to lieutenant and was suspended for 80 hours without pay. Lts. Charlie Terry and Roger Swatzyna were demoted to patrolmen and each suspended for 128 hours without pay.
:shocked: Damn. Stupid hurts. Sometimes it hurts your wallet! :shocked:

I have a couple of friends at that department. Might want to give them a call and get the scoop.

· Zombie Jeebus!
1,414 Posts
:whistling:

Your logic is fundamentally flawed. I would NEVER get promoted :rofl:

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
What is wrong with whacking a few balls while on duty?

:rofl::rofl:

· Mr. Awesome
12,878 Posts
Johnson says assistant police chief Shane Ellis was demoted to lieutenant and was suspended for 80 hours without pay. Lts. Charlie Terry and Roger Swatzyna were demoted to patrolmen and each suspended for 128 hours without pay.

Let me sum this up:
Chief goes down to Lt and gets 80 hours off.
Lts. got to Patrolman and get 128 hours off.

The gap between LT and Chief is smaller than the gap from Lt to Patrolman, in most places. Why are the hours different?

Shouldn't the higher rank be blamed more than the ranks below him?

God, I sure am green.

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
At most the whole thing was worth a reprimand.

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,083 Posts

· Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
OXCOPS;12437652 said:
When the cheif recommended cleaning up the streets with more stick time, I'm sure he meant more of this, instead of golf...

That reminds me, I need a hair cut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts