close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This poor oblivious idiot

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Sandbag, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Sandbag

Sandbag Chief-Rocker

This story belongs to a client of my wife. I've copied this from his facebook page! I tried to convice him to pull it off... but he's dumber than I originally though. I never liked this guy... here's a great reason why:

TO BE CLEAR: THIS IS NOT ME!!!!!!

Copied from Facebook

On Feb 8, 2010, I was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault.

On Countryside Blvd., Clearwater, at 5:30pm, I did a legal U-Turn as I headed to Starbucks before moving on to the Fresh Market to pick up some organic produce.

A car came up behind me, nearly hitting my car, blasting it's horn. I was startled, of course, but continued into the entrance of the Mall where Starbucks is located. The car followed me in. I was now on alert that whoever these people were, they weren't going to let go of whatever traffic infraction they found me guilty of.

I stopped. Looking in my rearview mirror, I saw the driver getting out of the car. That was all I needed to know this person was hell bent on coming after me.

I have a conceal and carry permit. I reached into my camera bag and pulled out my gun. Still in the holster, I held it up with 2 hands, 1/2 in the car, 1/2 outside. I then turned and said to the approaching person, "How far do you want to go?" It was then I noticed it was a woman. I also saw at least 2 other people in the car.

My intent was to scare this person and it worked. I believe they said, "Whatever," and got back into the car. Relieved, I felt I had done my duty and continued on to Starbucks.

After I left Starbucks, about a mile or so down Hiway 19 on a service road, the police converged. They got out of their cars, and pointing their guns at me in the standard squat position, one of them said, "We will shoot you." I had no doubt they would.

I was cooperative through the entire arrest process. 6 hours later I was released from jail on my own recognizance.

I have since hired (deleted for privacy), a criminal defense attorney, and (deleted for privacy), a private detective. The cost is prohibitive, but necessary.

Everyone I've spoken too has given me their sympathies, and I couldn't be more greatful for the support I've received.

The greatest fear, and the reason for hiring an attorney, is that I face a mandatory 3-year prison term.

Anyone suspicious, and I can't say I would blame them, would wonder what details I left out of the above story. I left out nothing. It was so ridiculously simple of a tale to tell, I'm embarrassed to have to recite it.

Ironically, just yesterday, a message from the Universe was sent to me. I did a U-Turn, again, legally, just as another vehicle was coming out of a parking lot. We nearly collided as we vied for the same lane. Both of us started laughing. It was a contest to see who could let the other go first. We waved at each other as if we were friends as we merrily went on our way.

This is exactly how the arrest incident should've taken place. Honk your horn, flip the finger, and go on your way, if that's what you feel you need to do.

Clearly I was pursued. At first the victim, I am now the prepetrator.

It was an act of self-defense and I felt I handled the situation with great control and restraint.

What makes me feel even better is knowing that if someone else was in my car with me, I would've acted similarly, defending not only myself but a loved one or friend.

It's fair to ask me why I have a conceal and carry permit. I went through the necessary training, albeit scant as it was, and was given the license by the State of Florida. It took nearly a year for the application to be approved.

I've never owned a gun, at least, not since my childhood. My father took me on a handful of hunting trips, and I thank the Universe to this day I never shot an animal. I've been a vegetarian for 30 years.

I got the permit for 2 reasons, one is obvious: The world we live in. The 2nd reason was far more personal. In 1991, I was brutally attacked by what seemed to be 3 members of a gang, or, it simply could've been 3 guys out for a night of raucus fun. I had missed the bus as my car was in the repair shop. When I turned around to see if a bus was coming, when I turned back, I was hit in the face.

The proceeded to knock out 7 teeth, broke my nose in 2 places, and cracked a series of ribs. I was covered in blood.

For over a year I went back to the scene of the crime, hoping for some kind of revenge. I had no idea what that revenge would entail. Perhaps fortunately for me, I never got to find out how far I would've gone.

I was paid a certain sum by the Minnesota Crimes Reparations Board and they also picked up the tab for my new bridgework.

I'm a musician, songwriter and writer. I take yoga classes nearly every day and have done so for over 3 years. I'm into holistic health and recently started studying nutrition from the molecular level.

I've taken self-defense courses in the past and have a heavy bag in my mini-gym. I've been in a few altercations but nothing of significance, certainly not rivaling the beating or this recent incident.

This arrest delimma is obviously because a gun was involved. I have no idea how the situation would've been labeled had it been a fight without a weapon involved. And the fact it was a woman that got out of the driver seat still has me realing.

End copied from Facebook

I can't believe this guy thinks he's a victim. He clearly has no business having a CCW or a weapon. I feel for the guy, I really do... But I think he committed a serious crime and will have to take whatever is handed to him by the judge.

2. 23skidoo

23skidoo Deceased

His attorney will climb his tree and shake it for posting this online and rightfully so.

3. Fixxer

Fixxer Got ointment?

Yeah, because people who make special trips for organic produce are kinda weird.

4. fwm

fwm

Never show your gun unless you NEED to pull the trigger!

5. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

I'm confused what crime did he commit? Sure it's stupid to use a gun for show. Bu I don't think stupidity is a crime. Surely the store has security cameras.

6. Jon91N/A

Jon91N/A

Wow, a new age hippy who doesn't know how to drive, who would have guessed :rofl:

7. Sandbag

Sandbag Chief-Rocker

He's being charged with aggravated assault.

8. Adjuster

Adjuster

He brandished. Clearly against the law in Florida.

9. Sandbag

Sandbag Chief-Rocker

Oops, quoted the wrong post.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  10. Sandbag

Sandbag Chief-Rocker

You need to get familiar with the law! Do you have a CCW? If you do,
    get to learning this stuff right away before you carry your weapon again!

11. Jay9928

Jay9928 I laugh at liberals.

Did he get his Starbucks ? :whistling:

12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

No. Prohibitive is you don't do it. EXCESSIVE is the word he's looking for.

He should pray to The Universe for leniency. :rofl:

13. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Don't you mean the perp's attorney will climb the OP's tree for posting this on GT?

14. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Wow!! Some people just shouldn't breed!!!! :whistling:

15. 220-9er

220-9er

Or carry guns.

16. Adams454

Adams454

I'm also not sure of what crime he commited. Other than not calling the PO-PO right away. If the same thing would have happened and he had got right on his cell phone and called it in, it would have been a non-issue. He was clearly being followed by what he thought was a road-rager. He neutralized the threat. His real mistake was that after he saw that it was a woman, he thought it was over.

If that had been a huge man hell bent on killing him that got out of that car, would the fruit-nut still be guilty?

17. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

Huh? Hell, if I copy it & post it on MY Facebook, is he going to come after me, too?

The internet is (for now) still public domain. The defendant's attorney will probably be pissed at his idiot client, and rightly so.

Woman, man, whatever. To me, the "half-in, half-out" seems shady. It seemed as if the defendant were asking for a fight with that and the statement he claims to have made. Otherwise, I'd agree that he was only defending himself. He didn't know what this person's (man or woman) intentions were when he drew...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  18. boby

boby

Stupid yes but I don't really think he deserved to be arrested for it.

19. G23c

G23c

"How far do you want to go?" It was then I noticed it was a woman. I also saw at least 2 other people in the car. My intent was to scare this person and it worked."

I think this is where it went wrong. I agree, he should have called the police right then to report her.

20. michael88

michael88

as i do not have a ccl(california) please explain to me where the line is drawn in between being scared and being able to pull out a weapon? if you are followed and approached by someone, does that not constitute the appropriate amount of fear? if this is not legal(clearly something is wrong) what would have had to happen to make his actions justified? just curious, not looking for the exact law as hopefully i will have that opportunity in june when we get a new sheriff and i have the privelage of sitting through a ccw class, but just more of thoughts on the matter.