This place is too quiet....

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by hooligan74, Mar 17, 2015.

1. hooligan74

hooligan74

Assistance stuff, too.

On Wed I did a CrossFit workout prior to squatting 17min AMRAP of 20 wall balls, 15 burpees, 10 kb snatch (53lbs) and then did 10x1 complex of 1 push jerk and 1 split jerk, ascending weight. Capped out at 205lbs. Then cashed out with 5x5 strict pull-ups.

I'm not doing anything specifically programmed for assistance work, like the article that Brad linked. Just whatever happens to be the workout on Wed and Sun is Olympic lifting class at my local gym, so I'll be doing that along with the back squats on Sundays.

2. Jakestir

Jakestir

Not going to lie I had to look up what Amrap meant. You silly crossfitians and your abbreviations. But in all seriousness that's some good stuff.

3. Jakestir

Jakestir

Well hit a 3 rep pr today on the squat. 405 for 3. Had originally planned on doing speed work with fairly heavy single reps then work up to 405 for a couple single and call it a day on the squats. Then hit some sumo deads and assistance stuff.

I did my speed work at 365 then hit 405 for 4 singles and it felt awful. Slow and shaky. This pissed me off because I did 380 for a set of 6 last week (also a pr). So 405 for a bunch of singles should have been easy.

For my last single at 405 I said F it and hit it 3 times. Now I'm even more angery. That was after 4 single at 405 and a bunch of speed work at 365. That tells me that if I stop being such a pansy I should be able to move 405 for atleast 5.

Oh well such is life. I'll take the anger out on the olympic lifts tomorrow.

4. hooligan74

hooligan74

Strong work, Jake. Nicely done.

I see my earlier reply about the CrossFit lingo went bye-bye in the migration. Sorry for that, I get myself in trouble with "assumed knowledge" every now and then. I know the acronyms get confusing, my bad.

5. hooligan74

hooligan74

This squat program is G-R-O-S-S. I'm afraid to think of what the final week or two is going to be like..... :eek:

BradD likes this.
  6. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

Hey everyone. Popped back in here for a second. I don't come on GT much, and even more seldom in S&C. No PRs to report but I'm still at it, and still relatively injury-free. I played around with the Texas Method earlier this year but I'm back to a basic 3x5 scheme. I'm trying to do 3 days on, 1 off:

A
    Day 1 - Squat, Press
    Day 2 - Power Clean, Pendlay Row
    Day 3 - DL, Bench

B
    Day 1 - 1x20 Squat, Press
    Day 2 - Some type of workout I just make up, like sprint day, a circuit, odd object workout, etc.
    Day 3 - DL, Bench

It is difficult keeping 3/1 with work and family obligations but I'm still chuggin' along. My work sets are fairly close to the weights when I hit my PRs several years ago, so this is good for now for maintenance. Still studying combatives as well - MBC, Lee Morrison, and Kelly McCann stuff. I might be picking up Muay Thai again soon.

hooligan74 and BradD like this.