Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
It ain't over
8,306 Posts

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I have no use for the group. They are rabid, anti gun, tooth fairy liberals. They also helped in a huge way to lose the Viet Nam war. The blood of millions are on their hands.

Lennin had a name for such folks...."Usefull idiots."

Gray_Rider
Unreconstructed Southerner
Deo Vindice!

·
Registered
13,850 Posts
I have no use for the group. They are rabid, anti gun, tooth fairy liberals. They also helped in a huge way to lose the Viet Nam war. The blood of millions are on their hands.

Gray_Rider
Deo Vindice!
When I was in first grade we had to paint and picture, inspired by "Puff the magic dragon". We listened to it over and over for an hour. Damn I have always hated that group.
I wonder if my enlightened teachers knew it was a song about mary Joe wanna?

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
I was hoping for puff the magic dragon.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
I prefer Peter, Paul and Mary:supergrin:

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
Who are you calling old folks???

EDIT

And like most hot 60's/70's singers, Mary got as big as a house.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
That's a decent cover. I prefer the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwnNdqpCF8Q
Nice version but I doubt there's an actual original version. This song comes from what is commonly called 'Ruben's Train' or 'Old Reuben' (which may very well have come from something else). Though she may have been the first to call it '500 miles', it's really just a sweetly sung 'Ruben's Train'.

·
Obie Wan, RIP
10,923 Posts

!
This.

I hated them before I knew anything about their politics. My parents used to listen to them over and over again on a (then) state of the art Fiisher monophonic hi-fi.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
500 Miles, is a good song regardless of who is doing it.

Glad I am only 16 miles away from home. :supergrin:

·
Huge Member
11,332 Posts

Gray_Rider
Deo Vindice!
Time to take your meds there sparky, you're becoming delusional.

·
RIP Poom . . .
1,120 Posts
I was hoping for puff the magic dragon.
Those F'ing Hippies ruined Puff's life and for that I cannot forgive them. They could have let Puff have a happy life in the end but no they had to make him miserable instead. Listen to the words . . . :steamed:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts