This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. flyover

flyover

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    n2g, Inyo Tim and Westexas like this.
  2. Tvov

Tvov

I know I am on the other coast, but a similar situation for me. In my town, considered very much a wealthy Connecticut shore town, the local grocery store (which is not a "super store") has been low or empty of a lot of stuff for months now. Stores in neighboring towns seem to have much more stuff.

I don't know if it is "deliberate", or just the case of a inventory manager just not doing their job.

So I don't know what to make of what is going on.

Inyo Tim likes this.

3. thespork

thespork

I broke down and did amazon for TP, I am now have many months worth.

My local costco (northern ATL suburbs) still doesn't have toilet paper. they said its gone within 30-45 minutes of opening every time they get it...

People must have closets full of the stuff by now..... madness.....

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Inyo Tim likes this.
  4. Velvetfoot

Velvetfoot

Went to my local gun store yesterday.
    Empty shelves, no masks.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  5. bdcochran

bdcochran

Having a sense of humor, my 15 minute project of today is installing a bidet. I understood the concept, but a youtube video showed how easy it is. Unpackaged the parts last night.

Stuntman Mike, flyover and Inyo Tim like this.
  6. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Gawd. I understand the concept too. I just hope that video was for the installation and not the application of said bidet. I mean...You Tube; you never really know these days.

flyover likes this.
  7. flyover

flyover

I really like the bidet that I installed. Don't be stupid like I was. After the install, I was like, "Let's see how this works." Pulled up on the operating handle and shot a stream of water half way across the bathroom!

:animlol::animlol:

Flags and slym2none like this.
  8. flyover

flyover

9. flyover

flyover

10. flyover

flyover

New 2 day update for Kansas. Cases went up by 159 bringing the total up to 10,170 cases. 862 currently in hospitals with 302 in ICUs and 131 on ventilators. 592 have been discharged.

Male cases stand at 5,593 (55%) and female cases at 4,386 (43.1%) with 191 (1.9%) not reported.

222 deaths so far, 113 (50.9%) male and 109 (49.1%) female.

107,870 have been tested with 97,883 testing negative. The 9 counties account for 8,972 cases.

11. hannstv

hannstv

With all the rioting and protesting this last week if we do not have a huge spike in WuFlu cases an argument could be made that we have wrecked the economy needlessly.

12. bdcochran

bdcochran

It got more complicated as I got into installing the bidet. The house is 70 years old and I have owned it for 40 years. A valve was not working and had to be replaced. The plumber who is three blocks away had the parts and finished up. He ended wet because he turned in it while he faced the toilet as I was yelling "watch out". We also went over the gas hookup.

flyover and Dreamaster like this.
  13. TeaDub

TeaDub

You fixed your problem.

Did you try the Mall of Georgia Costco. The missus and I just bought another 30 pack of TP for maybe $16 dollars. They had lots about lunch time. We weren't really short but the wife wants to stay ahead of the game. We're at about one hundred rolls again.

Coffee was a bigger concern. She went a little crazy again buying two instead of one.

I can't really complain about stock for all food and toiletry needs. Only very occasionally has something been unavailable. Except Lysol spray. She found that once and never again.

wyntrout likes this.
  14. bdcochran

bdcochran

Lysol spray is a multi-surface cleaner with a lot of brand advertising. What most people don't know is that they can look on the shelf and find other "multi surface cleaners". In my part of the country, it might help if you speak Spanish can read, but a "multi-surface" cleaner will say it in English. The color doesn't make any difference.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/ho...se-cleaners/g579/best-multi-purpose-cleaners/

People get sucked in by advertising. My brother was an executive in the professional cosmetics industry and the stores catered only to "the trade". How is that for being hooity tooity? He would order thousands of gallons of chemicals and have it bottled under the company name.

Flags likes this.
  15. Tvov

Tvov

I think everyone is waiting and watching to see what happens.

16. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Well, at least all the new cases will revive this thread somewhat.

n2g and clancy like this.
  17. flyover

flyover

18. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

I posted this raw data on FB for friends and family. The locations are just where they are, trying to help them to understand the real situation. We've got almost 7 months of data to look at, to really gauge this situation.

Morbidity is the percentage of a population that has tested positive for COVID. Mortality is the percentage of a population that has died from COVID, and those numbers are probably 10-20% over-stated. I added Sweden to show what happens with COVID when you don't do everything we've done here in the US.

The number of people that have been exposed to COVID must be quite a bit higher than the morbidity numbers, as there's undoubtedly lots of people that have had contact with COVID, and never been tested for it. Those people would have COVID antibodies, and be in the clear. Plus, some states are testing more than others.

US;
    Morbidity; 0.5435%
    Mortality; .03117%

Michigan;
    Morbidity; .58110%
    Mortality; .05577%

D.C.
    Morbidity; 1.2922%
    Mortality; .06730

Virginia;
    Morbidity; .56063%
    Mortality; .01692%

Illinois;
    Morbidity; .97734%
    Mortality; .044364%

Florida;
    Morbidity; .28019%
    Mortality; .012146%

Sweden;
    Morbidity; .398856%
    Mortality; .044398%

Anyone that still thinks that COVID is a pandemic, needs to drop that idea. Clearly, it's not even remotely close to being a pandemic.

This is what we've destroyed our economy over. What we've crushed our freedoms and liberties over. What we've allowed political tyrants to issue hundreds of EOs over. What we've allowed politicians and the media to scare us over.

This is what some are fearing daily, and letting run their lives.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  19. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

The spike may not be that severe. For one thing you're only talking a few thousand people and 90% or more were wearing masks. But there WILL be a spike.

bdcochran likes this.
  20. bdcochran

bdcochran

ttps://dailycaller.com/2020/06/04/medical-journal-lancet-retracts-study-hydroxychloroquine/

It was only a matter of hours before the publication would be reversed. Personally, I looked up all 4 of the authors of the study. I am going off my recollections:
    1. they were all mds.
    2. they were heart surgeons.
    3. the md who owned the data firm was also one of the authors.
    4. the doctors had different physical locations - around the world

further comments:
    5. If you want to read about quack medical doctors, look up Kellogs. One brother was an md. He actually ran a medical clinic over 100 years ago and fed sick people sugar . He invented the cereals.
    6. be very skeptical. Even Mr. Putin was being lauded as a scholar with a near phd until his publication was reviewed and found to be riddled with whole pages of other people's writings without citation or acknowledgment. Be very skeptical of American politicians who also purport to write books, including a deceased President. They hire ghost writers.