This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. billy_56081

billy_56081

I spoke with my nephew, who is a pharmacist, today. He said he is getting prescription requests from online doctors for chloroquine. He said they are not filling these and are keeping the drugs for the lupus and ra patients. These people without coronavirus are trying to buy this without being sick. He did explain why they believe this drug is working. He said that he has heard the the virus attacks the red blood cells and that causes the lack of oxygen in the blood.

Grayson, Inyo Tim and AdamRodgers like this.
  2. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 NOT MOD APPROVED

I think it may be due to women being more willing to go to a doctor and thus get tested, whereas a lot of men may just tough it out without medical attention.

3. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

So much for the daily deaths falling off. 1845 new ones today. 731 in New York alone.

4. thewitt

thewitt

I really don't understand how anyone can look at one or two days of data and say this is a new trend.

Yesterday deaths in the US were 1255. So far today, 1845...

1.5x yesterday SO FAR.

No, I'm not calling for doom and gloom apocalypse, but 1 or 2 days does not make a trend...

flyover, spork, bdcochran and 3 others like this.
  5. Intolerant

Intolerant

Sent them ALL my prayers HG

n2g, happyguy, spork and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

FOR RESIDENTS OF SW WASHINGTON STATE:

From the office of Jaime Herrera Beutler, Republican Congresswoman for SW Washington:

FAQs: Economic Impact Payments

Dear friend,

Now that the CARES Act has been approved by Congress and signed into law, this legislation will begin to disperse economic impact payments to Southwest Washington residents.

I've gotten questions about how these payments will be dispersed, who is qualified to receive them, and when they will begin to arrive. I'm going to help answer some of these frequently asked questions below.

Q: Who is eligible for the economic impact payment?
    Tax filers who meet the following criteria will receive a payment:

- Have a valid Social Security number;
    - Are not dependents of someone else;
    - Meet the income eligibility requirements. More information on those below.

Income eligibility requirements: Tax filers with adjusted gross incomes up to $75,000 for individuals and up to $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns will receive the full payment. The payment is reduced by $5 for each $100 above the $75,000/$150,000 thresholds. Single filers with income exceeding $99,000 and $198,000 for joint filers with no children are not eligible.

Q: How much money will the economic impact payments be?
    Eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns for either 2019 or 2018 will automatically receive an economic impact payment of up to $1,200 for individuals and $2,400 for married couples. Parents also receive $500 for each qualifying child.

Q: How will the IRS know where to send my payment?
    The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

Q: The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
    In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail. When that portal becomes available, I will be sure to update you.

Q: I am not typically required to file a tax return. Can I still receive my payment?
    Yes. The IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 to generate Economic Impact Payments to recipients of benefits reflected in the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 who are not required to file a tax return and did not file a return for 2018 or 2019. This includes seniors citizens, Social Security recipients and railroad retirees who are not otherwise required to file a tax return.

Since the IRS would not have information regarding any dependents for these people, each person would receive $1,200 per person, without the additional amount for any dependents at this time.

Q: I rely on means-tested programs like SNAP and federal housing assistance - will receiving an economic impact payment affect my eligibility?
    No. These funds are not considered taxable income so they will not impact your ability for means-tested programs.

Q: Do I have to pay income taxes on the amount of my payment?

No.

Q: When can I expect my payment?
    Payments will begin in the next three weeks.

Q: Where can I get more information?
    The IRS will post all key information on IRS.gov/coronavirus as soon as it becomes available.

If you have additional questions, concerns, or comments, please contact me here.

I'm also continuing to update my COVID-dedicated web page, JHB.house.gov/coronavirus, with the latest information on unemployment pay, assistance for small businesses, official CDC guidelines and more.

I'm also posting information and resources on my Facebook, Twitter & Instagram page.

Please stay safe and healthy, and let me know how I can be of assistance to you.

[​IMG]
    Jaime Herrera Beutler
    Member of Congress

Fred Florist and AdamRodgers like this.
  7. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

We have some very stupid people running the government.

E3064C2F-E2B5-476D-B154-E10B212FF02E.png

shadowlands, m58, Flags and 11 others like this.
  8. Hartford

Hartford

It makes sense to see a jump now. It's been about a week since the US started posting 20k to 30k new daily cases, mostly fueled by NY and NJ. Deaths typically lag a week to two weeks behind new cases.

FullClip, OGW, flyover and 5 others like this.
  9. Intolerant

Intolerant

Be sure to thank the stupid people who elected them.

10. AGF0526

AGF0526

1845 people died in the US today , if that's not doom and gloom I dont what us . Do you somehow see that as positive?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mr Meeseeks, OGW, happyguy and 2 others like this.
  11. Intolerant

Intolerant

Exactly!

FullClip, AdamRodgers and happyguy like this.
  12. Intolerant

Intolerant

What people also fail to understand, is there are MILLIONS out there that are carriers, and many dont have the areas OR access to BE tested. Those numbers arent even added in the equation, yet. Then people freak the hell out when suddenly there is a rush of NEW numbers being reported and they think at that minute upon finding out that its suddenly new cases. Well, yes, they ARE new cases, cases that had not been in for a test yet, and NOW are being added into the results. People just need to settle down and STOP reacting instantly. That is exactly what is driving all this fear. OMG OMG OMG...MORE CASES MORE CASES. Yup, thats going to continue for a long time yet. At some point, people are gonna have to pull up their panty`s and get over the fear, and STOP absorbing all the nonsense news. Yes, the virus is bad, it is spreading, but eventually it will die out. Yes, many have died from it, but those who have died likely had other complications, some unforeseen.

13. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers "Facts matter, Feeling can lie" DocGKR

14. thespork

thespork

Death will always be a lagging statisic...
    New cases and icu admissions are the metrics to monitor...

Increased testing (if it's actually happening) should skew cases up, but mortality down as cases that would have previously been ignored are tested...

ICU admissions are probably the best metric

15. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"German woman, 101, violates coronavirus lockdown by escaping senior home, police say

A 101-year-old German woman on Tuesday escaped her senior home in violation of a nationwide lockdown to visit her daughter on her birthday, authorities said.

The woman had escaped through an emergency exit of the home, located in Brunswick, some 140 miles west of Berlin, AFP reported.

The officers brought the woman to the home of her daughter, who explained that her mom had just recently moved into the senior center and was “missing her daughter terribly.”

The officers allowed the woman to see her daughter – from behind the patrol car’s window – before bringing her back to the senior home.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/german-woman-violates-coronavirus-lockdown "

16. pugman

pugman

This has officially gone too far!

<------I take this guy and his girlfriend to the bank and they are NOT giving out their giant dog cookies until this cools down...

China....this is now war!

17. Sgt127

Sgt127

I’m really looking forward to widespread antigen testing.

That will tell us a lot.

AdamRodgers, Intolerant, n2g and 6 others like this.
  18. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

AdamRodgers, wyntrout, Csv and 6 others like this.
  19. thewitt

thewitt

President Trump corrects comments he made moments ago about the U.S. freezing funding for the WHO: "We're going to look at ending funding."

wyntrout, MB-G26, Intolerant and 5 others like this.
  20. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

spork, Csv, Oldschooltube and 3 others like this.