This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

2. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Maybe it was the "Schrumeister".

AdamRodgers and Jade Falcon like this.

3. Fred Florist

Fred Florist

Watch for different locale has its own peak, for example. Looking at an aggregate curve really has less meaning at this point.

Washington is seemingly passed its peak hump.
    In NY, NYC area probably should be viewed differently from its upstate area.
    Florida's Miami area should be viewed separately from rest of state whose peak is not yet.

Keep watching. Especially your area.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    AdamRodgers, spork, OGW and 9 others like this.
  4. Intolerant

Intolerant

Agreed. But i think when the pain wears off, democrat`s be like, back to their normal hate BS.

5. bdcochran

bdcochran

S-I-L is pediatric surgeon. Requires 10 years, certification and re-testing. Major hospital. No kids in pediatrics on ventilators. Pediatrics has its own ventilators.

The problem is for the 80 illegals on dialysis at the hospital. They cannot go back to their country because they cannot get dialysis there. So they are a very high risk group. They have to come to the hospital for treatment.

cyberghostx13 likes this.
  6. Velvetfoot

Velvetfoot

7. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Connecticut expects Fairfield County to peak mid to late April; New Haven County to peak in early May; and Harford County to peak in mid to late May.

These counties are increasingly removed from NYC, and only Fairfield has a high number of those who commute to NYC.

So we are looking at almost two more months of the economy on hold here. I don't expect anything to change / improve here until June 1 at the earliest.

8. Fred Florist

Fred Florist

One thing to pay attention to is the active reporting status of the State you're looking at.

A number of states have not update their numbers, showing no increase from the day before. I don't believe that. People may be way too busy to report numbers.

Thus, data and its declined numbers, has to be viewed careful. It's easy to say things "slowed down", but data integrity is key.

9. flyover

flyover

AdamRodgers, spork, Inyo Tim and 3 others like this.
  10. Deanster

11. Jon_R

Jon_R

Yeah I am FL we are going up the slope though in my county today was the first deaths (3). I am not in South FL obviously.

12. Deanster

This is a key point - all of this data is a little sketchy, especially when viewed on a day-by-day basis. I'm sure everyone involved is doing their best under trying circumstances, but one-day changes are just as likely to be about reporting timing/gaps as they are about changes in what's really going on.

It's probably going to take a few days or a week of consistent higher/lower numbers to really say with any confidence we've hit a meaningful turning point.

13. Intolerant

Intolerant

States with low or no numbers will increase greatly in the coming weeks.
    Democrats will ride the Trump hate wave and still blame him. Hate has no shame.

14. cyberghostx13

Ha the Otherside is a big fing joke, they hate capitalism, they hate guns, they hate religion and they hate the USA, but President Trump they hate so much then can hardly speak or see straight. Topping things off, or should I say bottoming things out, they have one of the worst ever "Stand-Up" comics. The Permiated Party Of Hate. Pathetic, disgusting, UN-American...USELESS.

15. flyover

flyover

16. cyberghostx13

In future dealings pertaining to illegals using u s resources Mexico needs to pay that care and when things simmer down take those illegals back. Post CV19 things need to change, and the USA needs to play real hardball in dealing with Mexico. I would suggest letting our Military come in and clean out the cartels which affect both of our countries negatively. Cartels won't just magically disappear and they are only going to get crazier after the virus passes and people get out again. Mexico's politics have to become hundreds of times less corrupt or they will lose power to the Cartels if they haven't already done so.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  17. flyover

flyover

Kansas is bouncing up and down like a yo-yo with the case numbers. Up yesterday, don today. Cases stand at 900 an increase of 55 but down from yesterdays increase of 98. 223 in hospitals and 27 deaths and over 8.5K tested negative.

18. cyberghostx13

And those who live on it like 100% have no conscience either. Power/Control of the masses just like 1984 is what they want. Everyone should read that book before voting. If they don't and we all end up in a 1984 world people won't even be allowed to vote.

Intolerant and AdamRodgers like this.
  19. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

This is a horrible and relentless disease.

Some of you may remember I posted about our friend Jai passing because of Covid-19 last week. His wife was released from the hospital the day before he died and it is not clear when she will recover.

Now her daughter has been hospitalized with this ****. Her daughter does not live with her and has a family of her own and it is clear they have all been exposed to this.

If you pray, please pray for this family. They have already been through a lot, suffered a terrible loss, and this thing just seems unwilling to let go.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

20. pblanc

pblanc

The transmission of new cases and new deaths through the reporting chain during weekends is often slow or temporarily disrupted.