This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Fred Florist

Fred Florist

Of the 5% (roughly) of the infected who gets to the ventilator, half of those (roughly) don't make it.

Boris is going to need to stay out of it !!!

n2g, GlockAndMan, AdamRodgers and 9 others like this.
  2. spork

spork Caffeinator

WuFlu victims in NYC fill freezers with bodies, councilman warns of a plan for temporary interment in parks:

NEW YORK CITY – The growing number of dead from coronavirus in the nation's largest city could eventually force officials to temporarily bury bodies on public land, according to a New York City councilman.

"Soon we'll start 'temporary interment'. This likely will be done by using a NYC park for burials (yes you read that right). Trenches will be dug for 10 caskets in a line," he tweeted.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavi...t-city-parks-bodies-freezes-new-york-outbreak

3. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well one thing I have started to pay attention to on a daily basis since this CV19 thing started( I didn't clue in till reading this thread in late February) is watching the stock market. I don't own any stock but I see it as a big thermometer checking America's daily health. Although unlike a thermometer America needs it(stock market) to stay green and go up, up, and up. Sure, pause and get red once in awhile but only briefly and back to green. When people are allowed to go back to bars and restaurants and they actually do so, then I think we(USA) are truly in recovery mode.

AdamRodgers, flyover and Inyo Tim like this.
  4. spork

spork Caffeinator

Anyone else seen or heard about scam artists creating fake "Pop-up" testing locations? Of all the people who do deserve to get locked up right now...

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The Kentucky Attorney General's Office is now watching the fraudsters behind the fake pop-up testing sites, and said they are ready to shut them down if they re-open.

A spokesperson from the office said the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection and Medicaid Fraud divisions were made aware of pop-up sites in Louisville that purported to test for COVID-19 on Wednesday. She said they opened an investigation and were “prepared to seek their immediate closure had the sites re-opened”.

The attorney general will be “serving civil investigative demands on those responsible for the sites, and our Medicaid Fraud division will be watching for any fraudulent billings over the coming weeks and months,” she added.

The AG's office is only one of several agencies now investigating the scammers. Friday, the FBI confirmed a state-wide COVID-19 Law Enforcement Task Force has taken notice.

https://www.whas11.com/article/news...ites/417-792a2947-863b-4eec-bea9-775553ae0c7f

5. spork

spork Caffeinator

6. Dirty bird

Dirty bird

Does rubbing alcohol still have any disinfecting properties a year after the expiration date?

7. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

I knew there was a reason why I bought that 444 Marlin and a couple boxes of the 300 grain hard cast Buffalo Bore ammo years ago.

8. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Are there any guns left to sell?

9. bdcochran

bdcochran

In February 2020, Favipiravir was being studied in China for experimental treatment of the emergent COVID-19 (novel coronavirus disease).[29][30] On 17 March 2020, Chinese officials suggested that Favipiravir seemed to be effective in treating COVID-19 in Wuhan and Shenzhen.[31][32][33] A study on 80 patients comparing it to lopinavir/ritonavir found that it significantly reduced viral clearance time to four days, compared with eleven days for the control group, and that 91.43% of patients had improved CT scans with few side effects. The limitation of this study is that it was not a randomized double-blinded placebo-controlled clinical trial.

MB-G26, AdamRodgers, flyover and 4 others like this.
  10. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

Good thing Governor Brown just sent 140+ ventilators to New York.....

That woman could literally not be more stupid if she tried.

Both of those doctors are heroes, and if I ever have children, I might just name them after them.

This has all the writings of a bad outcome for Boris. My thoughts and prayers are with him.....the UK really needs this guy right now.

vikingsoftpaw, Braken, n2g and 9 others like this.
  11. B C

B C

Yeah, this isn't good.

AdamRodgers and Jade Falcon like this.
  12. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

13. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

image.jpeg

spork, Sharkey, AdamRodgers and 2 others like this.
  14. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

CT:

No testing # today
    6,906 cases
    1,221 hospitalized
    206 deaths

Hartford PD reports domestic violence calls have increased 20% in the city over the past week.

n2g, Sharkey, AdamRodgers and 3 others like this.
  15. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Rent and some part of utilities don't stop if you chose to close the store. Most owners will try to offset those as much as possible at the lowest risk while keeping their licenses. Just hanging in waiting for better times.

n2g and Inyo Tim like this.
  16. B C

B C

How many Democrat politicians have had Coronavirus? I can't think of any.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  17. B C

B C

18. Dragline

Dragline

I don’t know, I haven’t checked out the situation lately.
    I did call over to the store closest to me last week and they still had a SigP365 in stock which surprised me. No 9mm ammo left though.

AdamRodgers and Inyo Tim like this.
  19. wyntrout

wyntrout

Dirty bird ,Sealed alcohol does have an expiration on the bottle, but when opened the alcohol starts evaporating a bit losing potency, and falls below the effective level required. 91% isopropyl would be better in that respect and even better for mixing hand sanitizer, as the recommended strength should stay above 60%. The bottle could be good for about 2 years after opening, depending on the length of time the bottle is open and the temperature. Again, 91% or better would be the best choice as the 70% can't be diluted much to stay effective.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    AdamRodgers and Inyo Tim like this.
  20. pugman

pugman

There is a guy in Sweden who was declared disabled because he was addicted to heavy metal music.

I have Coronavirus Fatigue Syndrome. I will expect my disability checks to start next month.

spork, ExecutiveWill, Sharkey and 6 others like this.