This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Scamp57

Scamp57

Inyo Tim, Westexas and BigBluefish like this.
  2. Westexas

Westexas

Interest will pick up if zombies become a reality.

spork, billy_56081, NMG26 and 3 others like this.

3. Jon_R

Jon_R

We have 10 offices across the country and I have upgrades and on site maintenance to do. I can’t drive to 8 of them and without a you had it test I am not ready to hop on a plane but in May I may be willing to. Tests and treatment options make me more comfortable.

45 in good shape but knowing if I win the reverse lotto that it where to become serious for me options (pills) other than a vent is a good thing.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  4. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Went to a few Lgs’s yesterday. The first had you check in and wait in your car for your turn to shop. I was really just passing time until the place I wanted to go to opened. So I left and tried another place that was closed.

Finally I went to the place I wanted to go to all along and they weren’t even letting people in the building. They had tables out front and their employees would allegedly go get what you needed and come back. I went there with the intent to get a .22 pistol or rifle to start my kid on and have for small game. I wasn’t sure which yet. I left rather disappointed. I know they are trying to protect their employees, but it’s got to be losing them sales as well. Why keep the store open if these policies are in place? It can’t be cost effective.

AdamRodgers and Westexas like this.
  5. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

I wouldn't be getting on a plane now either. Agree treatment options would relax things a lot.

AGF0526, spork, Mr Meeseeks and 2 others like this.
  6. Lonestar 48

Lonestar 48 Silver Member

I think the true experts have said what they had to say, the next level, the guys who read up on it a lot, are realizing they don't have much to add to the story, and the rest of us are already aware of what could happen and what we re doing. Not really much to say after that besides the anecdotes that we all have to offer. There are plenty of other threads for that.

7. papershoot

papershoot

I am looking at the same thing. It seems I should have put some back in two weeks ago. I have been expecting the market to go much lower. I am not sure how to reconcile what the market is doing with reports like the link below.
    https://www.yahoo.com/video/finance/jobless-rate-peak-15-percent-203418389.html

GlockPride likes this.
  8. flyover

flyover

AdamRodgers, spork, happyguy and 3 others like this.
  9. fx77

fx77 CLM

wyntrout, Jade Falcon, spork and 6 others like this.
  10. flyover

flyover

The downturn yesterday doubled today, 49 new cases increased to 98. Kansas jumped from 747 cases to 845. Three counties in Kansas has over half of the states total number of cases 522. Currently there are 198 in the hospital and 25 deaths so far. Just over 8K testing negative.

11. Westexas

Westexas

I wouldn’t have. The only thing that surprised me is that it wasn’t an Avian Flu virus.

I’ve been expecting this for years.

12. Justamessenger

Justamessenger

13. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

Pretty nice society when your detractors can just disappear from existence. ****ing communists...

14. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

Removed; political.

Sharkey likes this.
  15. BMyers

BMyers

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is in intensive care at St Thomas’ Hospital, in London, 10 Downing Street said.

"Over the course of this afternoon, the condition of the Prime Minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital," a spokesperson said in a statement.

Johnson was admitted to the London hospital last night with persistent symptoms of coronavirus, 10 days after first being diagnosed.

n2g, AdamRodgers, Wayward Son and 6 others like this.
  16. spork

spork Caffeinator

Wow. I guess that means he is on a ventilator?

Edited: OK, I see where it says he is there as a precaution in case he needs ventilation.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/...cle_e297300b-6c5f-5925-8e98-05f8510093af.html

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  17. BMyers

BMyers

It will be interesting to see if they ever release what treatments they have tried/are trying on him.

n2g, AdamRodgers, flyover and 5 others like this.
  18. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

What no "Vanity Fair", how droll, how very, very droll. LOL JK

19. GlockAndMan

GlockAndMan

In Austria they now have 4 rules in place. A person can go outside if: 1. Going to work. 2. Going to walk as an exercise. 3. Going for groceries. 4. Going to support someone.

n2g, AdamRodgers, flyover and 4 others like this.
  20. spork

spork Caffeinator

SECDEF issues guidelines for how troops will start wearing face coverings in public:

Service members will be instructed to start wearing face coverings in public in the latest effort to limit the spread of the deadly coronavirus, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said in a military-wide memo issued Sunday afternoon.

DoD will not issue masks specifically for this and the memo says individuals should make their own face coverings.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/04/05/troops-to-start-wearing-face-masks-in-public-to-prevent-coronavirus-spread/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB 04.06.20&utm_term=Editorial - Military - Early Bird Brief