This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

I'll remember that for next time, thanks!

n2g, flyover, Braken and 2 others like this.
  2. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

It is believed that China recorded a lot of their corona deaths as pneumonia. When corona popped up in America I wondered if our authorities would follow the same track to artificially lower the death toll.

n2g, spork, billy_56081 and 6 others like this.

3. jetflier1989

jetflier1989

I was thinking about that yesterday, technically wouldn’t it be COVID-19 or simply a flu or viral infection as the manner of death and pneumonia as the cause of death if in fact their lungs filled up and they perished? Or, congestive heart failure as a cause if the went into cardiac arrest? But I guess that would fudge with the numbers. Might explain why you see “complications from COVID-19.” I’m thinking it’s important that the death toll is as accurate a figure as possible. Just curious how they would officially list it. Not that it really matters in the end. Any Pathologists on here to set it straight?

4. BMyers

BMyers

This morning we heard sirens, walked outside and an ambulance and fire truck had stopped at the neighbor's house.

I went back in and tossed some clothes on and came back out and started to walk over and my wife stopped me. She told me I couldn't go over there, what if they had the COVID? I pointed out what if it was heart attack, a stroke, or all the other possible things. She said no, you could bring something back to me, our daughter, or your dad.

For the first time in 25 years, she told me no that I couldn't go some where. I have left in the middle of storms to respond to calls, left during the family events, but this time there was no leaving. We could hear the neighbor (sounded like a lady) crying.

They quickly loaded up and was gone, but I felt so helpless. I've always been able to jump in and help, but this time I wasn't even able to walk over and comfort.

I pray that they are okay.

RussP, n2g, MB-G26 and 12 others like this.
  5. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Michigan Democrat Governor Asks Feds for Hydroxychloroquine to Treat Coronavirus, Four Days After Banning Use…

Posted on March 31, 2020 by sundance

On Friday March 27th Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer threatened to revoke the medical licenses of doctors and pharmacists who prescribe hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus in Michigan. Four days later, March 31st, the same governor asks the federal government to send her hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus patients. Go figure.

[​IMG]

MICHIGAN – […] “We want to ensure that doctors have the ability to prescribe these medicines,” she said. “We also want to make sure that the people who have prescriptions that predated COVID-19 have access to the medication they need. And so all of the work that we’ve done is trying to strike that balance.”

In its approval letter, the FDA wrote that “ased on the totality of scientific evidence available to FDA, it is reasonable to believe that chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate may be effective in treating COVID-19.”

“When used under the conditions described in this authorization, the known and potential benefits of chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate when used to treat COVID-19 outweigh the known and potential risks of such products,” FDA Chief Scientist Denise M. Hinton wrote in the approval letter. (more)

[​IMG]

Share this:

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...irus-four-days-after-banning-use/#more-187992 "

spork, teeceetx, Csv and 9 others like this.
  6. bdcochran

bdcochran

.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/31/reports-iran-has-lost-17-officials-nearly-15000-people-to-chinese-coronavirus/

Simply a repeat of the Iranian underground that 15,000 people have died. Probably correct. If the repeated information is accurate, it confirms that someone within the government office collecting the data is working with the underground. Not surprising.

7. bdcochran

bdcochran

Actually, the gloves are for the protection of the clerk. Imagine the lines if the time was taken . . . Waiting for the videos collected under the title of Panic Shopping at Your Local Costco.

8. bdcochran

bdcochran

Inyo Tim and DonGlock26 like this.
  9. bdcochran

bdcochran

I saw this in Von's yesterday. This is a safety function that should have been implemented years ago in most supermarkets.

With all the billions of dollars spent on marketing campaigns and mbas devising profoundly stupid and untested software and approaches to on line marketing, here was a simple fix to reduce employee absenteeism, unemployment premiums, workers compensation premiums, healthcare costs and save supermarkets money.

n2g, spork, flyover and 3 others like this.
  10. astepup

astepup

God she's a moron. I wonder how many Michigans are thinking about a voter recall to get rid of her and her stupidity.

MB-G26, spork, Glock1963 and 5 others like this.
  11. Velvetfoot

Velvetfoot

The Tractor Supply clerk sprayed his gloved hands before cashing me out yesterday.

n2g, MB-G26, wyntrout and 6 others like this.
  12. bdcochran

bdcochran

Good for him. Spraying comments follow. I have always purchased 70% isopropyl by the gallon to use in a home-labeled spray bottle. Recently, I read that a 50-50 mixture of 70% isopropyl and distilled water was just as effective. So, I switched the contents of my spray bottles.

Think of the time you would spend spraying an alcohol mix that evaporates on door knobs/light switches/steering wheels/refrigerator door handles/microwave push buttons at home and following CDC instructions to wipe objects with soap and water - and then manually dry them!

13. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

That would be be awesome.

n2g, Westexas and Inyo Tim like this.
  14. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Totally agree. Unfortunately I get the feeling that it’s almost considered a cultural necessity to share germs with one another to make folks feel comfortable here in the South. Maybe that will change for the better after COVID-19.

Do you have a source on the 50-50 mix? Not doubting you, just want to verify with my own eyes before I start diluting. I know for gel sanitizers CDC calls for minimum 60%. Spraying 70% isopropyl has been my go-to sanitation routine since this bug started. It will dry your hands if done 20+ times a day, but nitrile gloves make it just peachy to use on hands.

Wish I’d bought more than the 10 quarts I grabbed. Wish I’d bought more of EVERYTHING back in late Jan when this thread opened my eyes to what was coming. At the time I felt like the spending was overkill. Now I’d double down on most every supply.

ETA, during the quarantine I’ve been trying to stick to soap and UV (sunshine) to sanitize things; the main vector I worry about now is mail.

spork, astepup, flyover and 4 others like this.
  15. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I agree, they need to protect the cashiers, for their protection and ours. I feel sorry for those cashiers, to take all this risk to earn very little.

n2g, Csv, Grayson and 2 others like this.
  16. bdcochran

bdcochran

I didn't keep the source. You can get different response on google, depending upon who wants to sell you something. Here is one item, I just picked up searching. https://cleanmyspace.com/rubbingalcohol/
    The reason for distilled water is simple. Tap water has minerals/additives put in by the city. In short, it has adulterants. Just start with clean water.

I know most people don't know the difference between drinking and distilled water. I explain. Drinking water will contain minerals that you need to have to live. However, it clogs up irons used to press clothes and can have undesired reactions when you need absolutely clean water. Drinking distilled water will not kill you. Just don't drink it to exclusion of drinking water for months and months on end.

I will say the following. Yes 91% works, but that is really the grade used in surgical work. You would be wasting your money having that for just spraying surfaces. I keep about a gallon around as the nearest md lives two doors down.

You could use plain, unscented chlorine at a ratio of about one part chlorine to 10 parts water. The problem is that bottled, unopened chlorine will start losing its effectiveness 3 months after storing, so you really don't you would be mixing unless purchased fresh. I am kind of klutzy so I wouldn't want to start mixing the two and handling them.

I usually have about 5 gallons of 70% around. I am using about a pint a week in my Sunday spraying. It will probably be about a year before I am able to find the gallon containers at my usual source.

MB-G26, flyover, Inyo Tim and 2 others like this.
  17. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

I believe she is on Biden's VP shortlist. And...that discussion is for another thread. We now return you to our regularly scheduled discussion of disease, diagnosis, death, despair and determination. [/END SUBTOPIC]

18. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

C8A084E9-967B-4247-9860-850F27F1CCFE.jpeg
    Bring it!

spork, Westexas, BigBluefish and 3 others like this.
  19. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Got a Mad Scientist up here in Maine that says Lobster Blood may be the cure for the virus....maybe crazy enough to work?? (more info at the link below)

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/04...ti-viral-properties-could-help-with-covid-19/

Lobster blood could help treat coronavirus, Maine scientist says

A scientist with a startup company in Orono that is trying to use waste from lobster processing to treat warts, shingles and herpes says that an extract from lobsters might also be suitable for treating COVID-19.

Bob Bayer, the former head of the University of Maine’s Lobster Institute, says Lobster Unlimited LLC is looking for a bio-secure lab that is willing to test the lobster byproduct on the deadly virus that has shut down daily life across the nation.

Lobsters have a blood-like substance in their bodies called hemolymph that contains hemocyanin, a protein that carries oxygen to the lobster’s cells. The hemocyanin has anti-viral and immune-boosting properties, and already is being used in the development of cancer vaccines and treatments, according to Bayer.

Lobster Unlimited has developed a topical skin product — which is not yet on the market — that can be used to treat warts and shingles, both of which are caused by viruses, Bayer said.

20. flyover

flyover

Don't give them any ideas!!

The Pizza Hut's in this area have really went down hill with their ingredients. Their pizzas are terribly greasy any more.

MB-G26, Westexas, AdamRodgers and 2 others like this.