This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

It is more aimed at businesses. If your not exempt then you have to close. I don't believe there is any restrictions on individual movement.

n2g, spork, Westexas and 2 others like this.
  2. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

One thing I’ve seen at two local supermarkets recently is a protective clear plastic barrier between the cashier and customer, located right at the cash register and card reader. Just as I was thinking this is a good idea, the cashier in one of the stores left the register , went to the bagging area at the end of the checkout lane and started bagging the groceries, talking with the customer, less than a foot apart, without the barrier between them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spork, G26-Has-my-6, Westexas and 3 others like this.

3. billy_56081

billy_56081

Well if you live with through this try to lose some weight. I lost 75lbs on keto and ate like a pig getting there. I am 52 and feel better than I have in years. Good luck and stay safe.

Cmacc, n2g, spork and 8 others like this.
  4. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well you must have some aluminum foil right? Do you save little plastic bags from the store, or emptied bread or bun bags?

Well I had my first meal to get excited about in a week. Two srambled eggs, 3 strips of bacon, and some Tator Tots that I deep fried in my new, little Cruisinart Fryer. Mmmmmmm...good.

One of my neighbors is going to pick up a few things for me tomorrow at Trader Joes. 2% Milk, Cheese, Eggs, Bread and Bacon. If I get all that, I'll make another 3 weeks easy.

Look, I'm not afraid to die, and I ain't paranoid, I'm 70 and just trying not to be stupid so I'm staying home. Getting whacked by the CV seems to be a slow and ugly way to go, some have said it could be like slow drowning in a river or lake. YUK!

n2g, BMyers, Westexas and 1 other person like this.
  5. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

Going to keep going as I am. Probably won't make any difference what I chose.

Westexas, MB-G26 and Inyo Tim like this.
  6. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Dude! You’re as old as the dinosaur on that sign!

7. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

That's really bad.

Even worse, if they all get off the carrier at once, the whole place is liable to tip over.

Cmacc, n2g, GlockPride and 15 others like this.
  8. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Vitamin C is a roll of the dice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well have you broke quarantine? If so how long ago? If not, than don't. Check your community's website for resources, disabled, seniors, veterans etc. Think outside the box, what do you have in storage that could possibly be used to enclose slices of pizza or other food and put in your freezer?

So if you answered your healthy and haven't been out, then stay in for sure simply because you know your healthy. Do whatever it takes to stay in. Once you go out and come back in you simply won't know if your healthy anymore for at least 14 days and worrying about those 14 days is more added stress. Also, you are bound to lose some wait while homebound so keep it off and start exercising. Good Luck.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Jade Falcon, billy_56081 and Westexas like this.
  10. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

I think a proper response would be a disproportionate employment of force.

Cmacc, spork, BigBluefish and 3 others like this.
  11. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

For those who think we are not serious about keeping politics out of this thread, the first GT member has been banned from GT for trolling here with political-themed posts. Hugo55 will no longer respond to your response.

On that subject, y'all need to stop replying when someone screws with the Rules and posting Policies. Just report the member and let it go.

Thanks...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  12. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom No place like home

There are 5 confirmed cases in my county now. An 87 year old man died Saturday but had been tested prior to his death. The results came back yesterday or today as testing positive for the virus, but they aren't going to report the death being due to the virus as they are saying they can't be sure he didn't actually die from something else. What the heck???

n2g, Wayward Son, BigBluefish and 6 others like this.
  13. Westexas

Westexas

Yes, as far as helping with COVID 19. No one really knows. That’s the problem with a novel virus. You really don’t know what’s going to work.

14. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Take the pizza out of the box, throw the box away, then was your hands.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

hannstv and Inyo Tim like this.
  15. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

I'm in a mando 55+ age-restricted residential park. At almost 62, I may well be the youngest homeowner/resident here. On average, since I came here in early Sept., about one person every month/1.5 months takes their last ride out - in an ambulance or Coroners van. That's BEFORE this stupid damn Chinese WuFlu even kicked up.

I am not looking forward to getting on a 1st name basis w/EMS & firefighters - no matter how good looking they are via job requirement.

I already know & have proved that I'm too contrary and impossible to fully kill - but I worry about my neighbors. :frown:

vikingsoftpaw, RussP, Flags and 9 others like this.
  16. billy_56081

billy_56081

And I thought marines were only smart enough to eat crayons.

Good luck my fellow veteran, it looks like you are smart enough to know when to take cover.

spork, Westexas, clancy and 1 other person like this.
  17. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

I would imagine they are in as bad a condition, Chinese Flu wise, as we are, and probably much worse.

Cmacc, n2g, BGDaddy and 4 others like this.
  18. thewitt

thewitt

There are guidelines in NC on the restriction of individual movement. The Governor says that he's depending on us to do these these on a volunteer basis, but that law enforcement may intervene if we don't.

https://files.nc.gov/governor/documents/files/200327_FAQ-SAH-Order_FINAL.pdf

spork and AdamRodgers like this.
  19. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

I stuck it in the oven for 10 mins at 200. Thanks though.

The delivery dude didn't look very tidy. If I come down with it, then we know who gave it to me....:fist:

20. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

Since you said you don't have any 'Saran' type plastic wrap, or large enough ziplock food baggies: look in your clothes closets for any dry cleaning bags.
    If found, open the side 'seams', spritz plastic w/alcohol/water dilution & let dry, then cut out squares of plastic as needed to wrap pizza slices.

Westexas and Jade Falcon like this.